Sickening illness

Sickening illness

A Story by Life_editor
"

My story begins here..

"

Sweat beaded on my forehead as I stared at the ceiling, noticing the streaks of light moving along the dark room. My hands were clammy as I pulled up my blankets just below my nose just to make sure that I would not suffocate. The streaks of light wandered around my blank ceiling, ready to pounce on me. I flinched when I heard a motorbike zoom outside my window and there were honking of cars outside my house. Uh oh. There are here to kill me. I’ll be slaughtered. My whole body shook like a brittle dead leaf. I shrieked when I felt something cold and wet on my ear. It’s probably the ghosts whispering to my ear that they’re coming for me. With my trembling fingers, I touched my ear gently, trying to remove the wetness on my ear. That didn’t help. The ghosts were continuously whispering into my ear. I yelled, “STOP STOP STOP. PLEASE.. GO AWAY!” I dared not to open my eyes, imagining a bloody face of a ghost in front of me, listening to me with a look of hate. Suddenly, there was a creaking of a door and a firm grip on my shoulder. Finally they are ready with their knives and guns to kill me. I stood still until I hear a warming voice, “Grace, you’re alright. I’m here for you.” I thought it was God speaking to me for a second but then realised that it was my father.

 

I could hardly see anything as my eyes were so swollen from crying. My father hugged me tight and I knew that my father was crying as the back of my pyjamas started to go wet. I was still quivering but felt more secure with my father with me now. I still had a feeling that the ghosts were around me somewhere but I tried not to think about it. My mother came in my room with a cup of water and handed it to me. She must have cried too as her eyes were red and was still quite watery. Quickly, I drained the water down my dry throat. “Did you bring the medicine honey?” my dad asked my mum, his eyes still on me.

 

I have a mental illness. Schizophrenia. It’s hard to say but it’s harder to live with. This illness makes my nerves twice as sensitive as a normal human being. Every shadow, sound, light, everything haunts me. Thus, this situation is a common thing to experience for me. My life is full of oppressing images. It’s a haunting illness but I need to fight it. This hated illness can be cured. I smile at the ghosts around me, trying to hide my fear. 

© 2014 Life_editor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on February 17, 2014
Last Updated on February 17, 2014
Tags: illness, mental, issue, story, fiction

Author

Life_editor
Life_editor

Australia



About
Write. Edit. Finalise :) more..

Writing