Blood On My Hands

Blood On My Hands

A Chapter by RachelReaper
"

This was one of my first characters I ever created seriously a few years ago. I hope you like it!

"

Blood on my Hands

   Streaming through the busy streets of Chicago, my black overcoat flying behind me in the wind, I listed off all of the different blood types I sensed from different humans passing by. 

   O positive, O negative, O positive, AB...I continued on like this, aware of the stares I received as my striking six foot two frame (six foot five with the stilettos I was wearing) dwarfed everyone else around me, until I finally arrived at my destination.

   The blood bank, the American Red Cross to be exact. I happened to be a regular customer here, seeing as I did all of the dirty work for my coven leader's mate, Rosaria.

   Rosaria was the only vampire I knew that didn't feed off of humans directly because of "moral standards".

   She opted for blood bags instead of embracing a vampire's true nature. The thought of drinking from a labeled plastic bag fills me with disgust, and I find her preference both concerning and unnatural.

   But then, seeing as Rosaria was my only friend, I guess I'll keep these thoughts to myself. Why cause drama?

   I flipped my blonde curls to one side before strolling into the doors of the American Red Cross's front office. I saw there was a new attendant standing at the front desk in the lobby.

   "Excuse me, miss? Are you here to make a donation?" the new attendant asks me from across the room.

   I could see his name tag claimed his name was Rick...and it was not Rick's lucky day.

   I smiled sweetly at Rick, my red lipstick gleamed in the silver plaited mirror on his desk. He was about in his twenties, with fair hair and clear, gray eyes. He took a moment to really look at me and started blushing furiously.

   Rolling my eyes, I thought, this guy is going to be a total pushover.

   I confidently strode up to Rick, my black stilettos tapping lightly on the marble floor, and I made direct eye contact. I stifled a grin. Now came the fun part, the mind control. Mind control has been my specialty for a long time, making me one of the more important members of my coven.

   Have you figured out there is a difference between you and I? Something that separates our very species? Well I would have hoped so. I'm going to stay twenty years old forever while you age and die. I believe we call separation of the classes in society. 

   Because ever since that one day on January 8, 1907, I, Abigail Linn, have not aged a day before my twenty-first birthday. I have stayed gorgeous and lovely as a vampire while those around me that I used to care about ceased to walk the earth.  

   Water under the bridge, as they say

   Besides being immortal, there are some other gifts you have as a vampire. To some extent, all vampires have limited mind control over humans. What makes me so valuable is that I have such strong mind control I can possess multiple people at once, making them my drones.

   Was it dangerous to use mind control publicly? Maybe for the average immortal. Was it fun, sadistic, and in my nature? Absolutely.

   I focused on the pupils of Rick's eyes, my deep brown ones locked onto his gray ones and I willed his entire being to go slack under my control. Within seconds, I was the puppet master and Rick my servant.   

   "You're going to get twenty bags of blood, all O positive, and you're going to bring them back to me here. If anyone asks any questions, you're going to tell them there was an emergency at the community hospital across the street." I commanded, putting layers of power into my voice to amplify my control.

   Rick's facial expression was the same dull, clueless look all humans shared while under my spell, but he obediently shuffled back into the lab without another word. That left me to wait in the furnished lobby.

   I impatiently clicked my long, crimson painted nails off the hardwood desk, and smoothed out my black, cashmere sweater. I hoped Rick wouldn't take too long. 

   Even with the promise of eternity stretched out in front of me, I was not patient.       

   After fifteen minutes longer than it should have taken, Rick came trotting back into the front office with my order sealed in a large, brown paper bag with the trademark red cross on the front.

   I carefully counted all twenty bags to make sure they were all there, before turning back to Rick. The wait had made me increasing hungry. 

   My grin was as beautiful as it was predator-like as I warned, "Sorry, sweetie, but this isn't going to be pleasant for you at all." I wasn't a saint like Rosaria, I was going to kill him and never look back about what I'm going to do.

   Rick was still suffering from the effects of mind control. In other words, he was still in a daze and unaware of the danger he was in just by standing next to me.

   "Wha?" Rick asked stupidly, two feet away from the world's most deadly huntress. 

   With a slight stab of pain, my canines expanded from the roof of my mouth. I ran my tongue over my razor sharp fangs.

   Perfection as always, I think with satisfaction.

   Faster than gravity should've allowed, I darted over the desk, the only thing separating me from my next meal.

   I grabbed Rick by the shoulders and plunged my fangs into his jugular, clapping a hand over his mouth to muffle his agonized scream. Rick's arms were flailing desperately; trying to push me away from him, but his struggles seemed incredibly weak compared to my supernatural strength and ability.

   I was completely transfixed in the taste of his blood; it was like drinking liquid adrenaline.

   Rick's attempts at escape became more and more feeble as his heartbeat weakened, fluttered, and finally stopped. I had easily killed him in under fifteen seconds.

   Tossing his useless corpse on the blood splattered floor, I grabbed a tissue from his desk to pat my mouth dry of any remaining blood; I didn't need my make up to smear.   

   Retrieving the blood bags and feeling a new, revived energy coursing through me, I knew I still had an errand to run. I had to get these bags to Rosaria before I got any more blood on my hands for the day.          

    

 

 



© 2012 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
Wrote this when I was twelve, what do you think of it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This drew me in, and it was really good. The character was very intersting too.

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

Abigail was the first real character I ever constructed, thank you :)
David the writer

11 Years Ago

np
Amazing :) Great flow, I like the dialogue.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think this is a good entry piece. I feel that it could do with a bit more description and although there was alot of thought process I didn't feel as if the character was connected. However, In saying that. Vampires who drink blood from humans are disconnected so It was probably what you were trying to portray. For something that you wrote when you were young it is very well crafted, If I were you I would consider fleshing it out a little bit more. It has a good balance of maturity for someone young.
Thanks for entering my contest :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kewl














Posted 12 Years Ago


This story made very well. It reminded me a lot of the other vampire stories out there but a lot of people would like this story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very cool story. Have you heard of wattpad.com? You should post your story there. I hope you continue it! I enjoyed it very much. =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, this is quite amazing for a twelve year old. Everything flowed very well. There was a place where you switched from past to present tense, but overall, it was very nicely done! And I am wondering the same thing as WickedPenWielder. How old are you currently?

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a good story, your dialogue is well written. Great for a 12 year old. How old are you now if you don't mind me asking?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, very well written, and I know so many 12 year olds who cannot write anything like this. Amazing, I love the story, the plot, the imagery. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Abraham lincon is coming for abigail. Eh I don't like vampires period. Cept for dracula. He's oldschool. Its good and all I just don't like vampires

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

452 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 19, 2012
Last Updated on June 19, 2012


Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper