Dinner

Dinner

A Chapter by Kamari's

I sat at the dinner table starring at the pot roast my aunt had mad us yet I was not hungry.

My uncle was looking at me "Something wrong Ivette?" I looked up "I'm just not that hungry." I saw the hurt look on my aunt's face, my uncle frowned "Your aunt went to a lot of trouble to fix this dinner."

I looked at my aunt "I'm sorry I'm just not that hungry." My aunt smiled "Its fine sweetie , it's been a long day for you." My uncle coughed "Honey you fixed a wonderful dinner, Ivette should eat it." I glared at him "But I'm not hungry."

My aunt touched my uncle's shoulder "Honey it's fine she's just had a hard day."
My uncle sales his hand on the table "No we took her in she could at least eat what we cook her!"

I felt angry and scared "I will eat it later." My uncle glared at me " You will eat it now." I felt my hands start to melt the table "I said no." My uncle got up and came over to my seat and bent down to meet my eyes "Well to bad you will eat your dinner and then you will go to bed."

I felt enraged "I SAID NO!!" I slapped at him but a ray of Orange flames touched his cheek then I smelled the disgusting smell of burning flesh. I saw my uncle fall back and my aunt rushed to him.

"Aunt Alana I'm so sorry." I began to cry in fear of being thrown out , then I heard my uncle laugh as he sat up I saw his face return to normal "You are fine Ivette me and your aunt wanted to see how fast we could get you to flame up."

I was hurt "Why?" My uncle slowly stood up with my aunt's help "So we could see what we had to work with." I smiled at their cleverness "Oh so this was a test?" My aunt smiled " Yes and you have a lot of power you remind me of me at your age."

I laughed "I guess that's good." My aunt "Now let's get back to dinner." I slowly sat back in my chair "Our family is so weird." My aunt smiled as she helped my uncle to his chair "Oh that trucks been used to test each other's talents for years."

I nodded , my aunt sat down "So any questions." I thought "Yeah how did you and uncle Nick find each other I thought we weren't suppose to tell any one." My aunt laughed "Your uncle happens to be a scientist who one day working on experiment D got attacked by a mutant who was your great uncle Seymour who turn him into a mutant by biting him in the attack."

I was intrigued "Like a werewolf or a vampire?" My aunt and uncle laughed "Oh honey those things do not exist they were just misunderstood mutants."
I nodded "So you guys found each other after uncle Seymour bit Uncle Nick."

My aunt nodded "Yes he came to Seymours house to try to figure out if he can return normal but Seymour was out getting groceries and I was there helping his new wife writhe the baby when we meet."

My uncle smiled "At first I thought mutants were horrible monsters until I meet your aunt then I realized mutants are people just unique people."
I smiled " I guess that's one way to meet guys." My aunt and uncle laughed.

My uncle looked at me "If your still not hungry you can go do as you wish." I smiled "No I think I'm hungry now." My aunt nodded "Yes your ability will do that so ways eat and stay hydrated.

I s miles and ate my pot roast happy to be where I was understood.


© 2014 Kamari's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Favorite line: (I guess that's one way to meet guys.)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kamari's

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend
(had mad us) should be (had made us)
(Well to bad) should be (Well too bad)

How old is Ivette? Based on her temper I would call her a child, but when she 'smiles at their cleverness' I feel she must be incredibly mature, at least 16.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kamari's

9 Years Ago

She is a 16 year old
Nice imagery! The scenes`re systematically covered with fun, powers & mysteries.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Glad you enjoyed it
Ok revision aside. It seems that the action is engrained and centred around their relationship. Family ties and bounds. The uncontrollable anger that manifests in fire probably indicative of a raging desire and if it resides in instinct then I see why is uncontrollable. Other wise why would you hurt someon you supposedly like right? And we are let to know the world that we are entering mutants and the restrictions and constrictions of carrying abilities. I might not be the best suited for this kind of writing, I confess but I will continue and see what the writing brings.

Thankyou

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Yes I am a fan of fantasy books but I hope to show that mutants in this sense victims of society I c.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014


Author

Kamari's
Kamari's

Bay, AR



About
I come from a small town in Arkansas , I have always been different hardly an men flirt with me because I guess I'm too driven or I'm too weird. I love to read, draw, paint, and write my favorite pain.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Kamari's


Holidays Holidays

A Book by Kamari's