The truck

The truck

A Chapter by Kamari's

My father told me to get into the truck , I felt the bumps of gravel as we drove.

My father light a cigarette "Ivette , you are special so is your mother's and mines family we are not sure how it started but we are what we are."
I looked to him "So it's normal normal for me to be like this?" My father blew out a puff of smoke "In our family yes , to other no you can not tell anybody outside the family about you ability most people do not know how to act around people like us."

I felt confused and angry , I started to smell the seatbelt burning I slowly lifted my h hand off the seatbelt. "So I'm a freak ?!" My father glared at me with his grey eyes "No special honey." I felt tears roll down my cheeks " Now what?"

My father grabbed my shoulder "Do you remember aunt Alana and uncle Nicolas"
I nodded "Your aunt Alana is the only one who can also light fires so your mother and I decided you live there until you can control your ability."

I began to cry "Pa I don't want to leave! Why do I have to leave when bub didn't have to?!" My father sighed "Because your brother can teleport like your mother and because we can't teach you to control your ability and we have to think of our safety as well as normal families."

I could barely breath but I kept calm so I wouldn't burn the seat belt again, but I still smelled it burn . My father looked to me "Ivette your mother,your brother and I love you but we want to keep us and everybody safe ,do you understand?"

I managed to breath " I understand Pa." My father pulled back into our driveway and hugged me "Get packed Ivette ,We will miss you and we love you."


© 2014 Kamari's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the short sentences. Gives that great imagination, though there are too many grammatical errors on this. Dialogues are too confusing. Nice short story

Posted 9 Years Ago


So Ivette gets in the truck and then Pa tells her to pack? Was the incident in the last chapter not at their home?

How did fire cause a large pool of blood? If her brother could teleport how did he get injured?

Very interesting set up. I'll keep reading :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kamari's

9 Years Ago

I never Said he survived
C. Rose

9 Years Ago

Oh dear. I'm surprised the father wasn't more upset even if Ivette hadn't realized yet.
Kamari's

9 Years Ago

Yes that is too so the detachment in the family
It continues to unfold, I spotted a couple of grammatical things and a naughty typo but I am sure that as you go on revising you will notice such delicate things.... .
As for the story it took a turn it seems to have given us the indication that there might be powers or tendencies to attest in this human beings and that well if that is the case then their realtionships become more entwined and why not to admit the level of intricacy will exceed the normal levels . Normal been the operative word there.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Again I am not finished you will see hehe
Kamari's

10 Years Ago

I can not wait to hear what you think Rene i really appreciate this :)
Rene Salinas

10 Years Ago

No probs Kamari I will continue later and proabbly be finish by today
Hhmm.. Umm, Interesting!
It`s very hard to write so much in short piece. When I come to novellas, I find myself very hard to plot characters and it took my max. time to write away. And, the most appreciable part I love `bout the chapter`s that you`ve just written this chapter in around 330 words--with much depth of words. Nice imagery. Keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Thank you I'm using more powerful words to replace longer sentences

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2014
Last Updated on September 22, 2014


Author

Kamari's
Kamari's

Bay, AR



About
I come from a small town in Arkansas , I have always been different hardly an men flirt with me because I guess I'm too driven or I'm too weird. I love to read, draw, paint, and write my favorite pain.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Kamari's


Holidays Holidays

A Book by Kamari's



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..