Rum and Coke

Rum and Coke

A Chapter by Kamari's

Thelma was reading the kids Green Eggs and Ham when Beatrix interrupted "Aunt Thelma?"
Thelma looked to her "Yes sweetie?" Benjamin sat up as his sister spoke "Mommy is an angle right?"

Thelma chocked on her answer "Yes darling why?" Benjamin spoke up as if on the same wavelength as his sister "Well angles watch over us right ?" Thelma nodded listening "Well why can't we ever get to see the angles or talk to them ?"

Thelma starred at the children silently they both looked alike both had brown hair yet Beatrix's hair was in a braid as her brothers was kept army hair short , they both had blue eyes and crocked teeth .

Thelma looked at them as she as she answered "Angles like your mom , keep a watch over us to keep us safe and we can talk to them they will hear is but we can not hear them because they can see how things will happen and if they could tell us they may not happen but in life things need to happen for us to learn from them and grow."

Beatrix spoke up "Oh so they can't talk to because they could prevent us from learning about things?" Thelma nodded but Benjamin was quick "Well how can we know it's mom listening?"
Thelma thought.

Thelma smiled "You guys mom loved rum and coke so well make a glass every night to tell her we know she's there ."
Benjamin made a face "Why did mom like that?" Thelma chuckled "She always told me it was made of rum to make people forget their worries and celebrate the good things and coke to make people happy and bring people together." Benjamin nodded "How will we know if she got the glass ?."
Thelma thought "I'll set one out on the kitchen table and if it's empty in the morning we know she's here." Beatrix and Benjamin smiled as Thelma put the glass of rum and coke on the kitchen counter and they all hurried to bed too see if the glass was empty."

Nelson and Thelma were woken up the next morning by the twins "Uncle Nelson ! Aunt Thelma the glass is empty!" Nelson and Thelma were half dragged to the kitchen to see an empty glass . Nelson looked to Benjamin " Why is there an empty glass on the counter?" Thelma put the glass in the sink as Beatrix and Benjamin told Nelson about the drink.

Nelson laughed "Well I'll be , how about you two go get dressed for school and you can tell me more in the car." Beatrix grabbed Benjamin's hand and they rushed to get dressed.

Thelma kissed Nelson on the cheek "You are a good actor." Nelson kissed Thelma on her forehand " For those kids I would do anything ." Thelma smiled "Well now they think liquor is angle bait." Nelson chuckled "No darling they believe it's a way for them to know their mom is around."

Thelma smiled "Well she is around them and I would have no other way to welcome her in than rum and coke."
Nelson kissed her as they heard the kids run back int the room and he looked at all of them "I love you all you guys are my everything." Thelma smiled " We love you too have a good day today honey."

Thelma closed the door behind them and whispered to herself "We are awesome parents."
Thelma then heard a tap on the counter like you did at One way for another shot and Thelma smiled because she knew right then Maribel agreed.


© 2014 Kamari's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on July 28, 2014
Last Updated on July 28, 2014


Author

Kamari's
Kamari's

Bay, AR



About
I come from a small town in Arkansas , I have always been different hardly an men flirt with me because I guess I'm too driven or I'm too weird. I love to read, draw, paint, and write my favorite pain.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Kamari's


Holidays Holidays

A Book by Kamari's