Tom

Tom

A Chapter by Kamari's

Maribel woke up to her daughter crying "I'm coming Beatrix ."
Maribel walked over to the crib and picked up her daughter and began to cradle her and suddenly she heard a knock at the door.
Maribel put her daughter back in her crib "Mommy will be right back ." Maribel walked down the hall to the front door and opened it to see a figure in her doorway "Tom! Go away!" Maribel was happy there was a chain lock separating them.
Tom shook his head " Maribel I have a right to see my children!" Maribel scoffed "We are not married , you have not been here to help take care of them , and you do not even know their names !" Maribel heard crying upstairs "Tom you do not have the right to anything do not make me put you in jail."
Maribel began to close the door as Tom laughed " It would be a shame if the kids grew up without a mother." Maribel slammed the door shut and grabbed her cellphone as she ran upstairs to be with her children and dialed 911.
There was a hard slam against her door as the operator got on the phone " 911 what's your emergency?" Maribel felt terrified "Yes hello my name is Maribel Passage I love on Oakland avenue house number 780 , my ex boyfriend is trying to break into my house I am here with my two infant children." The operator took awhile to respond "Okay mam there is a police car on its way stay in a safe place till the police arrive."

Maribel heard another bang on her door an her children began to cry she stood up and started to sing hoping they would go to sleep. Maribels heart began to beat as she was singing and silently praying Tom would not get in.
Maribel heard sirens and sighed a relief she slowly picked up both of her children carrying them to the rocker in the living room and began to rock them back to sleep. Maribel heard a knock at the door and put her children in the extra cradles she had so she could put them down as she cooked .

Maribel opened the door to see a police officer and one behind him holding Tom in handcuffs the officer in front of her looked at her "Hello mam we got a call from this residence saying a man was trying to break in." Maribel nodded "Yes that was me and that is the man who tried to break in."
The officer nodded "I see now mam was he going to harm you and your children?" Maribel frowned "Right before I called he told me it would be a shame if my children grew up without a mother." The officers face grew grim "Mam what is your relationship to this man ?"

Maribel looked toward Tom "He is my ex boyfriend and yes he is the father to the children but he has threatens me in the past and now." The officer looked toward Tom "I see , Thomas Patrick Coles you are under arrest , you have the right to remain silence anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law, you have the right to the attorney if you can not afford one , one will be assigned an attorney ."

Maribel sighed and oddly felt at peace as they hauled Tom away and Maribel closed the door and took her children and herself back to bed with a new sense of peace.


© 2014 Kamari's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on July 19, 2014
Last Updated on July 19, 2014


Author

Kamari's
Kamari's

Bay, AR



About
I come from a small town in Arkansas , I have always been different hardly an men flirt with me because I guess I'm too driven or I'm too weird. I love to read, draw, paint, and write my favorite pain.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Kamari's


Holidays Holidays

A Book by Kamari's