Four hands

Four hands

A Chapter by Kamari's

Maribel walked through her door carrying in groceries , Thelma closed the door behind them holding the last of the groceries in her right hand. Maribel walked to her kitchen table and sat her groceries down and sighed as she grabbed the bag out of Thelma's' arms "Thank you so much for helping today Thelma." 
Thelma rubbed her shoulder "No problem." Maribel felt an odd sensation as she walked to the fridge to put up the eggs she looked down, and saw a small puddle of water under her and her panties felt wet "Thelma!!!! Get the car going now!" Thelma ran to Maribel and her eyes widened as she saw the puddle "Maribel come on we have to go to the hospital."
 Maribel's' mind was a blur as she saw Thelma gather everything for the hospital and load it up in the car along helping her into the car. Maribel felt worried as she was set up into a delivery room . Maribel looked at one of the nurses "Where is Thelma... she is the woman who brought me here." The nurse looked at her "Oh, she is outside on a cellphone yelling at someone but do not worry she is here.. now relax and keep breathing."
Maribel was scared and worried as her doctor came in "Hello Maribel, well good news your twins are ready to come into the world." Maribel smiled " Are they okay?" the doctor smiled "Yes mam , sometimes with twins you can go into labor early."
Maribel  sighed  in relief, but the relief was pushed aside by a horrible pain Maribel screamed, the doctor looked underneath the cover "Looks like it is go time now Maribel I need you to breath, in and out ." Maribel panicked "Where is Thelma ?!" The doctor put his mask on "I am sorry but your twins are coming fast there is no time to introduce her."
Maribel felt another pain she screamed and a nurse was at her side in pink scrubs , Maribel tried to focus on the color to take her mind of the pain, yet as another pain came over her Maribel thought she was going to die , the doctor spoke "You are doing great Maribel keep breathing .. I see the head I need you to push!"
Maribel did as the doctor said and as she did , she felt like she was in torture while trying to bring in a life. 
Maribel all the sudden heard crying , the doctor looked at her "Congratulations it is a beautiful girl." as the doctor cut Maribel's' daughters umbilical cord, Maribel felt another pain as she screamed the doctor got into position "Okay one more time Maribel push!" 
 Maribel screamed as she pushed with all her might, and as she felt like she could not do anything anymore she heard a small cry and Maribel smiled as the doctor looked at her and said "Congratulations it is a handsome boy you did an amazing job."
 Maribel smiled but she felt so tired "Can i hold them?" The doctor looked at her "We have to clean them up first, rest up and tomorrow they will be with you." Maribel nodded and fell asleep for she did not have the strength to do much else.
 Maribel woke up and to see her brother Nelsons face next to her "Hey sis, you did awesome." Maribel smiled "Are the twins in the room?" Nelson nodded "Ya , but Thelma is holding the boy I think i am going to have to tear him away from her." 
Maribel sat up to see her daughter in her small bed while Maribel saw her son in Thelma's' arm being cooed at "Thelma.. let me hold my kids'."  Thelma looked up at her and scowled "Fine." Nelson handed Maribel her daughter while Thelma handed her , her son. 
Maribel smiled as she looked to her children "You two are so precious... you guys are so worth the pain ." Maribel kissed her sons forehead as the doctor entered the room "Good you are awake." Maribel smiled "Yes and thank you Doctor Vice." Doctor Vice nodded "Well I hate to intrude , but the children do need names ... your brother and his girlfriend said you were not fully decided so I waited till you woke up."
 Maribel chuckled "Okay well for my daughter since she got here first Beatrix Rose Passage and for my son Benjamin Thomas Passage." Doctor nodded "Great names." Maribel smiled down at her children and whispered to  Thelma when Thelma gave her something to drink "The only thing appropriate to welcome these kids is two glasses of rum and coke,'  Thelma laughed and looked at her "I agree but that will be for later>'  Maribel looked from her brother to Thelma and finally to her children and she smiled because she finally had her own family.


© 2014 Kamari's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah! I get the title now, because with twins there are four hands.

"she smiled because she finally had her own family" makes me feel like this could be the ending.
What happens next in the plot? Is anything left unresolved? I haven't been keeping up with your chapter's so I'll have to go back, but that's my advice for now. (Think about anything you didn't answer yet, and think about what happens next - like taking the babies home).

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Exactly I thought it was a clever title and no this is not the ending the ending will make you cry t.. read more
C. Rose

10 Years Ago

I look forward to it :)
Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Will you read the book I want some advise on it I'd appreciate it .

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on July 14, 2014
Last Updated on July 14, 2014


Author

Kamari's
Kamari's

Bay, AR



About
I come from a small town in Arkansas , I have always been different hardly an men flirt with me because I guess I'm too driven or I'm too weird. I love to read, draw, paint, and write my favorite pain.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Kamari's


Holidays Holidays

A Book by Kamari's