Healing a broken bridge

Healing a broken bridge

A Chapter by Kamari's

Maribel sat in the kitchen chair across from Nelson they were both exhausted from cleaning. Nelson sipped on his coffee in silence, Maribel looked at him "It isn't your fault she's like this." Nelson starred at her like she had just slapped him "Maribel, she was 19 when she started using.. I should have put her into rehab orr stopped her from going out with those ingrates ". 
  Maribel grabbed her brothers hand "Hey you can't put that on you , she did what she wanted Nelson.. you need to forgive and forget.. forgive all of us for not acting sooner and forget mine and your mistakes trying to fix it.'' Nelson swiftly stood up and slammed his hand on the table "Look who's f*****g talking about forgiveness, you still hate mom for what she did and it has been 7  years Maribel your 24 now get the f**k over it!!!" 
  Maribel looked at him , as he  looked up at her Maribel was about  to go off she clenched her fist " How dare you, that b***h put me through hell and back , I know you and Clementine went throuh it... but I got it the worst especially that day... that woman woke her seventeen year old daughter to fight  other kids every morning I don't have my molers thanks to her she did that till the day I got into the ring to pay off her gambling debt... I almost died and you say to fogive her !"
Nelson walked over to hug Maribel "I'm sorry okay ... I know what she did remember I am her son unfortunatley but you need to make peace for dads sake ". Maribel hugged her brother tight " I will but you have to stop  blaming yourself for Clementines mistakes." 
Nelson nodded , as Maribel let go of him she turned to walk to the door, Nelson grabbed her hand "Where are you going?" Maribel smiled " To fix a burned bridge ." Nelson scoffed "Want back up?" Maribel nodded as Maribel and her bother got into her car she knew they were about to face thier fear and it was thier mom.


© 2014 Kamari's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on June 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014


Author

Kamari's
Kamari's

Bay, AR



About
I come from a small town in Arkansas , I have always been different hardly an men flirt with me because I guess I'm too driven or I'm too weird. I love to read, draw, paint, and write my favorite pain.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Kamari's


Holidays Holidays

A Book by Kamari's