Huck

Huck

A Chapter by Kamari's
"

hope all of you enjoy the godmother

"

 Maribel woke up in a haze to the alarm clock going off playing Benny and the Jets by Elton John.

Maribel sat up and sighed as she saw the dream catchers' that she had glued to her door when she was 12, and realized last night had not been a dream; she got up and changed into her work clothes that she had always left spares in various places' just  incase. Maribel's' work clothes was a black Kiss tank- top and bright blue cargo shorts with combat boots to complete the rough bartender look.

 Maribel walked out of her room and tried to leave unseen; yet her dad was in the kitchen and ambushed her "Morning princess". Maribel sighed and turned to face her father, he was Nelsons height which was 5 foot 9 he had grey hair that was buzzed cut and a very childlike  innocence in his face and he never quite smiling. Maribel smiled "Morning dad, what are you doing up at 12 did you not work late sift last night?'' her father smiled " Yes, but I knew you would try to get away with out telling me I am too be a grandpa!'' Maribel groaned " Who told you ? Mom or Nelson?' her father hugged her  "Neither, Nelson told Clementine and you know Clementine she always runs off and tells dad" Maribel grunted.


Maribel should of known Nelson would tell their sister Clementine or Clemmy as that is what Maribel called her since she was 2 and she couldn't say Clementine; she looked at her father who had his naïve smile on "Yeah pop that's right you're going to be a grandpa". Her father hugged her again " Well princess you should know Huck Allen Passage is going to be a even better grandpop than a pop", he was smiling from ear to ear and she felt tears come to her eyes' as she looked at a naïve sweet man married to the monster that was her mom " Yeah pop, you'll be grandpa of the century", her father hugged her again "Damn right!".


 Maribel grabbed her purse and headed for the door, but her dad grabbed her arm "Where are you going princess?" she smiled " To One Way I have to work", her dad let her go "Okay but be safe at that bar , don't let Judd give you grief and tell Thelma I said hi." Maribel hugged her father goodbye "I will , I will be home late so don't stay up", her father nodded "Okay princess, I love you " Maribel smiled " I love you too pop".


Maribel got in her car and smiled her dad was one of her only safe zone people anymore, she started the car and headed to her second home which was the bar called One Way on Sawyer Avenue.  



© 2014 Kamari's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

https://diigo.com/020ce6
Copy past above link for my annotations.
Red means typo.
Green means well written.
Huck and Nelson are neck and neck for my favorite supporting character.

Posted 10 Years Ago


So far i am enjoying reading this book keep up the great work and keep sending me more to read i love reading them.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Thank you and I will
melissa

10 Years Ago

You're welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 26, 2014
Last Updated on April 26, 2014


Author

Kamari's
Kamari's

Bay, AR



About
I come from a small town in Arkansas , I have always been different hardly an men flirt with me because I guess I'm too driven or I'm too weird. I love to read, draw, paint, and write my favorite pain.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Kamari's


Holidays Holidays

A Book by Kamari's