Going Home

Going Home

A Chapter by Kamari's

 "You w***e!"

Maribel rolled over to see Tom in her face; she could smell the beer on his breath. She pushed him away "What are you talking about?' Tom held up a pregnancy test, Maribel sighed "Well I guess the cat's out of the bag". Tom followed her to the closet sipping on half empty bottle "Who's is it  Maribel ?!" he screamed as she put on her light green hoodie and cowboy boots' "It is yours' Tom", Tom blocked the exit from their bedroom door "Bullshit skank, you know I shoot blanks!, so whose is it Eric the plumber or Perry the cable guy?!''


 Maribel looked at him and one tear rolled down her cheek "Tom it's yours trust me". Maribel got into her grey pick up truck as Tom stumbled out of the house "Where you going skank Eric's or Perry's?!" Maribel flipped him off " I'm going to my moms' call me when you're sober!'

Maribel drove from Grey County to Phillip County and finally to Hilton Street to a medium size brick house, the house had a swing porch with two white wicker rocking chairs' in the drive way was a red mustang and a blue pick up truck. Maribel sighed as she climbed the porch steps and knocked on the light brown door. The door opened to show a short pudgy woman with short black curly hair wearing motor oil stained overalls and a white t-shirt under them, the woman looked confused.

"Maribel what are you doing her?' Maribel cringed at the woman saying her name "Hey mom, I need a place to stay'. her mom leaned on the door "why?" Maribel felt furious "I am pregnant, Tom thinks it's not his". Her mom smiled "is it?' Maribel felt like screaming "Yes mom". Her mom looked at her "your brother Nelson is in the kitchen, there's pot roast on the table, and your room is how you left it".

Maribel walked in and cringed at the familiar odor of motor oil and tobacco; she went into the kitchen sipping on whiskey he had a black ponytail and wore a grey suit he taught violin at the school. Nelson looked at her "So you're pregnant? thought of a name?" Maribel smiled " I'm not naming him or her after you, if that's were you are getting at" Nelson laughed "Why not? I am named after the great Willie Nelson himself". Maribel laughed and her mom walked in now wearing a blue tank top and Mickey Mouse pajama pants; Nelson had a dangerous look on his face "Hey grandma!" her mom gave him a hateful look and stormed to her bedroom and slammed the door.

 Maribel chuckled "Do you have to be such an a*s?' Nelson smiled "To her yes" Maribel smiled for her and Nelson were one year apart and were basically raised by a mom who acted like Tony Soprano and a drill Sargent combined while their dad was Mr. Mcgoo so from day one her and Nelson were back to back against the world.

 Maribel smiled and Nelson chuckled "What?" Maribel knew something was up with her brother, but Nelson smile "I'm happy you're home". Maribel smiled and looked to Nelson "Well it's good to be home".  They talked till Nelson went home; Maribel went into her old room she changed into some old clothes she left behind last visit thankfully they still fit she took of her socks and boots and changed into a light purple tank-top and black basket-ball shorts'; she climbed into her king size bed and wrapped herself in her orange and red sheets and smiled as she went to sleep because oddly she was glad to be home.



© 2014 Kamari's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

https://diigo.com/020cdx
Copy past the above link to see my annotations.
Green means that I liked it.
Red means there's a typo.

When ever one character speaks and then another character does an action, you should start a new paragraph between the two.
For example.
"She pushed him away "What are you talking about?' Tom held up a pregnancy test"
Start a new paragraph right before "Tom".


Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Okay inbox me the link please and w what do you think of the book so far.
great story an emotional roller coaster ride

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Thank you I'm glad you liked it I hope you enjoy the rest of the book
 wordman

10 Years Ago

I`m sure I will
I loved this :) It was very emotional, but I liked it :) keep adding on to this

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Thank you I'm glad you liked it
This is amazing chapter so far keep up the great work i can't wait to read more of this book

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kamari's

10 Years Ago

Thank you dear writer
melissa

10 Years Ago

You're welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 19, 2014
Last Updated on June 13, 2014


Author

Kamari's
Kamari's

Bay, AR



About
I come from a small town in Arkansas , I have always been different hardly an men flirt with me because I guess I'm too driven or I'm too weird. I love to read, draw, paint, and write my favorite pain.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Kamari's


Holidays Holidays

A Book by Kamari's



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..