Chapter 1: This is a Robbery!

Chapter 1: This is a Robbery!

A Chapter by Lexstasy

   Sometimes you just need to get away. You know? Just up and leave. Tonight was one of those nights, and that’s exactly what I did. I need to not be home right now. I don't know where I'm going. So long as it's not here I don't really care. My feet start walking. My head is swirling with so many thoughts I don't even think about where I'm headed. Ever since seventh grade I've been good at that. It's like auto pilot. I block out the world around me and just move.

 

   Where I live there's not many places to go. We have a little grass dip on the corner of the street, like the opposite of a knoll. Every time it rains it fills up with water. People tend to call that the "Park" but there's really not much to it. There's also a strip just past the freeway. It's about a fifteen minute walk. They've got a movie theater and some shops, but that also means there's people and I'm not in the mood for those right now.

 

   One place I used to go to often was Wendy's. It's about halfway between my house and the strip. My best friend Sam and I would go there at night when we went on walks. Sam would turn to the cashier holding his hands up like they were a gun.

    "This is a robbery!" He'd say "Now give me two water cups."

The people that worked there were always nice. They'd just laugh and hand over the wanted loot. I'd hang back and smile at how much of a dumbass my best friend was. He'd hand me my cup and we'd go get a drink. Most of the time we got soda instead of water. I mean no one really gave a f**k, it was Wendy's after all.

Those we're awesome times. But tonight I'm alone.



© 2012 Lexstasy


Author's Note

Lexstasy
this is a very rough draft, im horrible at coventions so there's probably plenty of errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your voice is very natural, and your head seems to be in a place that can be easily related to. That keeps me interested in the piece even when the subject matter doesn't. Cute, entertaining, a little too teenie bopper for me though. Good luck with the rest.

Posted 13 Years Ago


yes lots of grammar stuff wrong. But it's cute haha why am I a boy??
Also, sentence structure variation. Unless you want to make it sound kind of like Goth Girl, which is fine, but idk...
heh nice setting choice

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lexstasy

12 Years Ago

Because!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2010
Last Updated on August 22, 2012
Previous Versions


Author

Lexstasy
Lexstasy

AZ



About
I'm Lex. I don't write much, but I love reading the creativity that flows from others! :) more..

Writing
Investment Investment

A Poem by Lexstasy