15. Goodbye #1

15. Goodbye #1

A Chapter by Pancae

I was frozen. I couldn't move - as if my entire body was swallowed up by some
concrete form of quick-sand. I could only watch what was happening.
It took Joe 2 shots before managing to hit the biter on the head, making it hit the ground. 
Alex, with his eyes already watery, collapsed next to it. 
The blood was pouring out of his neck, where the corpse managed to bite in. My hands began to shake and I could feel my entire body vibrate, my breathes became short and quick. No, no not now. No
I kept telling myself, still frozen.
It was Joe who had to snap me out of it. '' Don't just stand there like a bloody idiot ! Get 'im somethin' ! ''
He dropped to his knees, cut off a bit of his shirt and pressed it against the bite mark on Alex's neck.
'' Kenzie.. '' 
Alex mumbled. 
That's all I needed. For a few seconds the blood didn't matter. I couldn't see or smell anything. As if I wasn't there. 
'' Kenzie.. '' This time, Alex's voice was a bit clearer. '' There.. there's something in my back pocket. '' He chocked out. '' Take it. I was going to show you later today but.. '' He coughed. So much so that Joe was getting ready to stand up and bury something in Alex's head. 
'' It'll help you remember. You'll see. '' A single tear rolled down his bloody face before he managed to lock his eyes with mine. '' I lov- '' A cough interrupted the word. The coughing soon died away.
He was gone.
The moment Alex left, I let everything hit me. His death, my wound, the blood. It all came in a wave of torture causing my body to go into some sort of shut-down. I was on the ground, rolled up in a tight, shaking ball within seconds. Tears were rolling down my face while I remained silent. 
'' Oh, get up. '' Joe said. '' What do you 'hink this is, some sort of college break-up ?! The boy will turn if you just sit there ! Get up ! '' 
But I couldn't. How could I ? 
Black dots began to appear in my vision. I invited them in.
'' What about Rose, huh ? You just gonna leave 'er out 'er ? '' 
I blinked. 
Rose, Gareth, Clover. The camp. I... Rose wasn't there anymore. I had to get up.
I had to... 
I did. I did - I looked at Alex's life-less body, reminding myself of the information he passed along. Back pocket, back pocket...
I took a step towards Alex's body. It was still his, not some mindless freaks. 
'' Let me get it. '' Joe whispered, not unkindly.
He pushed the body so that it lay on its side. I crossed my arms and was reminded by the stabbing pain in my side. Was it that bad ? That the adrenaline still buzzing in my veins couldn't numb it ? 
Joe stood up and give me a piece of paper. Are these last words that Alex wanted me to read ? No.. the paper...  The piece of paper was a segment from some kind of newspaper. I could see that without unwrapping the tight square.
'' Cmon' . '' Joe took a few steps towards me, reaching out his hand. '' Gim'mie the polearm. '' I didn't care what that was. I handed him over the crossover i picked up before, knowing what Joe wished to do with it. First, he buried it in Alex's head then he walked towards Gareth and buried it in his head, too. I didn't watch - but I could still hear.
'' We can't leave him here... '' I managed to whisper.
'' Oh no, then where do you suggest ? 'Cos last time I checked, 'er wasn't much places to choose from. '' 
'' One of the buildings. '' 


© 2015 Pancae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 12, 2015
Tags: zombie, death, apocalypse, weapons


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae