12. Trust

12. Trust

A Chapter by Pancae

My brain processed the entire situation before my body could respond.
Stunned and wasting precious seconds, Alex attempted to dig something into the rotten arm but by then it was too late. The arm was already laying on the ground, working as a trigger for the walker to come forward; Alex had killed it within seconds. He turned to stare back at me and only then I realized how I stood. 
My legs were wide apart, body slightly lowered with the spade crossover in front of me. The walker arm was below it. 
I sliced it off. 
Alex clearly fought off asking a question, but instead his discouraged face managed to pull out a small
'' Thanks. '' Instead before disappearing into the building.
'' There could be more of them ! '' I called back, quickly collecting myself.
Then, as if in sync, a heavy, dull thud filled the once surrounding silence. Without thinking I followed the noise, trying to keep my panic in check. 
'' Alex ? '' 
Before I knew it my head was already filling with dark scenarios, even though I new I shouldn't care that much about him. But then again, should I try and be heart-less ? 
'' I'm here. '' He replied. 
Of course. I though, There was no walker noise. 
Once I entered the room in which Alex was in, I side-stepped the walker at the entrance only to find another door-less door-frame that led to another, smaller room. 
'' See that ? '' Alex asked, pointing to a narrow window near the ceiling in the small room. 
I glanced at it, but I couldn't make out anything special, until my eyes scanned the window properly. At the ledge there was a plastic box, the type you'd see in schools during lunch. I walked towards it a few steps, thinking that that was what Alex pointed at, only to hear a scuffling sound and a dark creature flying right above my head before I had the chance to duck out of its way. 
'' Real smart. Are you blind ?! That could've fed Rose, at least. '' 
'' Oh really, and you planned on killing it with.. what ? '' 
Not the gun, obviously. It would've blown the creature to bits. He didn't have any other weapon beside the knife and I had strong doubts that the camp give private lessons in knife-throwing. The only person that would've been able to take down that bird would've been Gareth, he had the arrows and the best aim. The rest of us had guns and knives. 
'' It would've fed Rose. '' He repeated before storming out of the room and into the main area. 
I let him throw his fit and continued to scout the rooms, noticing its grey everything. It had obviously been a newly build building. 


© 2014 Pancae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read through all the chapters again to catch up :) I really like the pacing. It was a little slower in the beginning when Kenzie regained her sanity and has been picking up since then. As I've said before Zombies are one of my favorite topics for stories and especially coupled with the mysterious amnesia makes for a brilliant story so far. Keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pancae

9 Years Ago

ah, thank you ! ^^ I'm really hoping to pick things up again ^^ & thank you for sticking by and read.. read more
HOLyP

9 Years Ago

My pleasure :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 9, 2014
Last Updated on October 24, 2014


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae