7. Friends&Foes

7. Friends&Foes

A Chapter by Pancae

An eternity seemed to pass before I managed to wake up. To be fair, it was a nice eternity.
But apparently it couldn't be labelled as an eternity since it didn't follow the rules of lasting forever.

The first thing that I noticed once I was pushed into reality was that I was in a different position; no longer curled up into a tiny ball. 
Now I was laying on my bed. Or, what I was supposed to call my bed anyway.
Then my eyes flicked over to a dark shape that stood over me. 
'' Im sorry. '' 
She said, although her tone held no hint of slight sorrow. 
'' Why ? '' 
I asked after a long silence. 
'' I told you, they're trying to re-do your memories. I don't agree with it, so I'll do my best to help. '' 
Alright. For starters, what was the fact that I took a psycho at the sight of blood got anything to do with re-doing memories ? And WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND ACT LIKE THAT. 
Fleeing from zombies, I get it. 
Stage fright { although less common }, I get it. 
But going into a frenzy at the sight of the little red liquid ?!
'' But ho- '' 
'' No questions. '' 
Kalenah ordered in her leader voice along with a matching expression. After a few seconds, though, she softened and took a seat at the foot of the bed. 
'' So.. '' 
I started, frowning and dropping the topic. For now. 
'' How long was I out for ? '' 
'' A good few hours. ''
Few hours. Awesome.
'' And Rose ? She okay ? '' 
That question apparently had some sort of joke placed in between the lines since Kalenah seemed to find it quite amusing. 
'' What ? '' I asked, frowning. 
'' Oh nothing. ''
She aimed her bright smile at me. At that moment, for a few seconds, I let myself believe that everything was normal. Her expression seemed to be familiar and unknown in many ways, in ways that friends often feel about other friends. 
'' By the way, loony, you're on guard tonight. ''
So much for the friendship.


***


The first thing that I wanted to do was ask who I was on guard with, then why was I on duty. 
Then I wanted to ask how long I'd be on guard for; but all of these questions piled up and I didn't ask any. 
Kalenah was out of my labeled room within seconds. 
Before leaving, however, she told me to go and grab a something from the old house that I seen earlier that day. Of course, I marched up to the surface and up to the pile of something. To be fair, it wasn't much of a pile. A few knifes that apparently needed sharpening, 2 guns that were called useless and some sort of cross over between a knife and a spade. 
I grabbed one of the useless guns and the spade crossover before marching outside only to find that I had no clue where I was placed to guard. 
Then a deep voice called out to me - not one that belonged to a stranger.
'' You're on guard with me, kid. '' 
There, I had my answer.
Ol' man Joe.


© 2014 Pancae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on May 12, 2014


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae