9.Another side

9.Another side

A Chapter by Pancae

The answer didn't calm the girls curiosity, if anything it added oil
to the fire. Even so, Delilah decided to keep it hidden and continued her training with Jared the second she finished her lunch. With food inside of her, the golf-sized ball did increase in size. It wasn't the same size as a bowling ball - which is the size that it was supposed to be - but it was slowly getting there.
This was the routine for a few weeks. Delilah tried to steer clear of Rose once she got home. So far no questions were asked and the routine of training continued in the Head Quarters.

As hours ticked by one day, Delilah was exhausted by the time Jared told her that their training was over. The girls arms ached, stomach hurt and head pulsed with pain. Even so, her mentor just laughed at it and brushed off Delilah's complains.
'' You'll be alright. Just go home, drink water and get plenty of sleep. Tomorrow the entrance will be somewhere else, so one of your fellow peers from here will come get you. Oh and.. No, never mind. You'll find out tomorrow anyway. '' 
With that, Jared waved Delilah to follow him to the exit, which didn't really surprise Delilah, was another tube. Bigger than the one that she was surrounded  with smoke in. 
'' This should leave you a bit away from the school's exit. I assume you know your way from there ? '' 
Without speaking much, the girl dragged herself after Jared and just nodded, too tiered to be curious of what she'll  find out tomorrow or to say anything.  After stepping into the tube, she lifted her aching hand a waved it to Jared whilst he typed something into a keypad beside the tube.
The next thing she knew, Delilah was floating. Her feet weren't touching the ground and her body wasn't touching anything aside from the surrounding air. 

Whilst Delilah was being teleported away from the Supernatural's Head Quarters, Madison's face flicked back into the screen that was positioned in the main hall. 
'' Well ? How's the progress going ? '' 
Her voice remained in a business manner, yet Jared could still catch the curious tint in it. He chuckled a little at the fact before answering Madison's questions.
'' Its all fine, boss. She seems to like it here, at least for her first day anyway. In fact, Delilah actually can form a fire-ball in its first stage. Flames shape and all. But.. I've a question. '' 
The last four words obviously caught the woman on the screen off-guard. Her smile that stuck around ever since Jared started speaking was now fading a bit, and instead a crease between her pulled eyebrows was forming. 
'' Yes ? '' 
'' You see... She's very curious and..  Well, she asked me about Raven.  I didn't tell her anything, of course but.. I was wondering, when will the correct time come ? '' 
Madison seemed to consider all of this for a long time, but once she did, her business mask returned; her face giving nothing away. 
'' Raven's sister.. Her believed mother, she'll tell her everything today. '' 

In the end, Jared was right. The tube send her a bit outside of her school's gates, far enough to give her a head start home. Whilst walking home and ignoring her muscles protests, Delilah began to acknowledge everything that happened today. Wow.. I've actually got a superpower.. Something that many kids around the world wish for, she being one of them, she had it right here. That put a smile on her face, the fact that although her life's perfection has been shattered, she could be able to adjust it and live her life just like before; with a superpower she never realized she craved. Now that it all made sense, somewhat, Delilah began to appreciate it all.
Within seconds Delilah realized that her home was before her and, never before she was so happy to see it. Right now she wanted nothing more than food, bath and sleep. 
When she stepped into the front hallway  and was ready to take the steps that would bring her up to her bathroom, her mother called a greeting which was followed by a.
'' I'm in the kitchen sweetie, could you come here please ? '' 
This automatically set worry inside of the blue haired girl. Her mum would usually talk to Delilah whilst the three of them ate dinner, never the second that she'd come home from school.


© 2015 Pancae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on December 25, 2013
Last Updated on July 2, 2015


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae