Dinner Planning

Dinner Planning

A Chapter by Legally Illegal
"

This story follows the Reinwassers in their struggle to pick themselves back up after a run in with a psychotic ex that leaves the family devastated with the lost of their home and livelihood. Drama,

"


"Hey guys, it's Rayning here or Zevvin. I know you guys aren't used to me going by my real name but yeah I wanted to give you guys an update on things that have been going on. I know I haven't posted any new content in a while. I'm pretty much backlogged in footage right now. I know you guys have been seeing the gang post new footage and you've been asking where is my point of view. Well, I just wanted to let you know I am doing a lot of editing. I'm going to try to get the next few videos up as soon as possible. This is one of of the 5 that I've been working on. I've just been in the process of moving and all the usual life stresses have been crashing down on me lately. I want you guys to know I appreciate all the support you've given me over the years. I'm not giving up on youtube, I've just been a little bit slow on editing. So I hope you guys like this video and I will talk to you later."

He clicked the publish button and pushed away from the computer. With a sigh, he got out of the chair and walked out of the room. Making his way down the hall, he stopped at an open doorway and peered inside.

It was a bathroom. 

A tall man, decked out in a suit and tie, stood in front of the sink, combing his red hair back. "Hey, Zevvy, you ready?" He asked without pulling his gaze away from the mirror.

"Ready for what?" Zevvin asked. He leaned against the doorway. "Byrd, what are you doing?" 

Byrd paused mid-motion. He slowly stood up straight from his leaning position and narrowed his eyes at Zevvin. "What do you mean by that?" He asked. "I specifically told you to get ready earlier today. I've told you that we were having dinner with mom and dad. This was planned weeks ago."

"Really? When was weeks ago?"

Byrd said nothing. He pinched the bridge of his nose and gestured with the hand holding the comb. "Just go get dressed, please."

"Whatever." Zevvin pushed away from the doorway and walked back down the hall. He walked into his room and straight to the closet. He threw open the double doors and stared into the darkness. He had no idea what he wanted to wear. He flicked the light on, grumbling under his breath. Why do I have to go places. I don't wanna go out. Zevvin huffed out an annoyed sigh, pulling things down from the hangers. I'd rather much just sit here and watch movies...or something more entertaining than being picked apart by vultures. Zevvin sighed. He settled on a white button-up shirt, grey suit jacket with matching pants. It was his brother's outfit without the tie. 

Holding his chosen clothes, he walked out of the room back to the bathroom. He passed his glaring brother on the way. He pouted in front of the mirror. "Why do I have to go?" He grumbled out loud. 

"Because I'm not suffering alone," Byrd called from the other side of the door. Zevvin glared at the door.

"Go away. I'm sulking."

"Do something with your hair. Mom will have a fit if your hair is in your face."

"It's my body!"

"For one night, can you not be a brat?"

"Meh."

-----

"Where are we even eating out at?" Zevvin asked, pulling his gaze away from the passenger window. He glanced down at Byrd's hand when he heard creaking leather. Byrd's grip on the steering wheel grew increasingly tight. He loosened it along with an exasperated breath. 

"If you were paying attention to me at all for the past few weeks, you'd have known where we're going," Byrd said, his voice strained. He paused briefly, glancing at Zevvin from the corner of his eye. Zevvin was still staring at the steering wheel. "What's up with you lately? Are you okay?"

"...Yeah..." Zevvin mumbled, returning his gaze out the window. Byrd frowned but didn't pursue the matter.

"Red Lobster."

-----

"Don't forget to turn off your phone," Byrd said. He shut the car down, pulling out his own phone. Zevvin looked at him briefly, watching his brother furrow his brows at the flashing device before it went dark. Byrd turned to look at him and their gazes met. "What?"

"Nothing," Zevvin said, looking away and pulling his own phone out. 400 missed calls, 40 voicemails, 23 emails, 10 text messages. All from the same person. He opened the texts first and let out a breath. It was the usual name calling, abusive language, and intelligence bashing. But the last 5 text messages contain something a little new from this person.

Death threats. Vulgar in their context, gruesome in their detail. This woman had been calling and texting him for the past few months. Jennifer. It started as a simple one-night stand that blew out of proportions. She was clingy, she was demanding, she was controlling. She was downright abusive, though most of her abuse was verbal. After he had broken up with her, she claimed she was pregnant with his child and everything went downhill from there. 

Text:

J: Where are you?

Z: Why do you need to know?

J: That isn't an answer. Where the f**k are you?

Z: Nowhere you need to know. How did you even get my number? Don't text me.

-Missed Call From J-

Z: Why are you trying to call me?

J: I need to tell you something important.

Z: What do you need to tell me?

-Missed Call from J-

J: I'm pregnant and you're the father.

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

J: So, what now? You're just going to ignore me? Ignore your responsibilities?

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

J: Answer your f*****g phone!

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

J: I'm tired of playing phone tag with you. Answer your damn phone, you stupid f****t!

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

J: If you don't answer the phone, I'm going to take you to court.

-Missed Call from J-

J: I'm going to report this as a rape.

-Missed Call from J-

J: I bet that brother of yours won't have a job any longer if they knew where he came from.

-Missed Call from J-

J: All you have to do is give me something and all of this will just disappear.

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

-Missed Call from J-

J: You're slacking, you stupid little s**t.

-Missed Call from J-

Z: I'm doing all I can.

J: You're not doing enough. If you don't f*****g pay up, I'm going to destroy you. Everything you live for now will be gone. I know where you live, I know who you are, I know your brothers, I know your sister, and I know your parents. I know where they all live. Don't f**k with me and don't f**k me over.

"Are you okay?"

Zevvin jumped, whipping his head up to look at Byrd. Byrd was standing over him, holding the passenger door open. "Yeah...yeah, I'm good."



© 2016 Legally Illegal


Author's Note

Legally Illegal
Does the story flow well enough? Can you understand the dialogue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 21, 2016
Last Updated on February 21, 2016
Tags: Drama, Romance, Thriller, Comedy, Dark themes


Author

Legally Illegal
Legally Illegal

In a City



About
Just two sisters writing. You can find us on: GetInkspidered: https://getinkspired.com/en/u/legallyillegal/ Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/LegallyIllegal Deviant Art: http://legallyillegal... more..

Writing