An Ice Cream Story

An Ice Cream Story

A Story by Leena Bose
"

Its a short romantic story of a couple, how their friendship blossumed into love.

"

 

I didn’t know what love was until I saw her eating a choc-bar on a chill, rainy day. May be cupid is on his best today.
 
Neha and me have been friends for the past one-year. We have been working in the same organization, but for different teams.
 
How did I get to know her? well that also started with an ice cream. It was ice cream day in our office. All employees could quench their desire for ice creams with the free ice creams provided by the management. Array! of course when it is free, we have a mad rush for it. I was almost the last person to reach the stall. I stood at the rear end of the crowd wondering how to barge in for an ice cream. Suddenly, I saw something, which is still in my mind.
 
A white color image went past all the crowd in such a speed that I could hardly see who it was. After a while I found a girl dressed in white salwar, with two ice cream cones in her hand. She was enjoying it like a kid. I couldn’t stop admiring her specially her kiddish ways.
 
“ Hey Sandeep, without eating ice cream you are drooling” commented Varaprasadh my best buddy.
 
It was only then I released that I was staring at that girl in white. Somehow she was like a magnet and me the iron particle. I went straight to her and spoke.
 
“hmm.. Hi…I… think I have seen you some where”
 
Well I blushed, as every girl knew that it was a trick for a guy to start a conversation.
 
“ Hey Sandeep how are you?” I was shocked. I didn’t know the girl’s name but she knew mine.
 
“We have met don’t you remember” I wondered if I was dreaming. Baffled I replied, “ ah!…well…I got some work gotta go” I still wonder why I rushed away from that place. May be it was too much of a shock for me.
 
“Neha you don’t know him, just now you asked me what his name is, and ..” asked Poornima.
 
“Poo this is the routine of all guys, now see he ran away shocked. He will never come back ha, ha”
 
May be she was a little loud I did hear her. It was quite embarrassing. After a few days, as fate would wish it, we were both in the same team.
 
 One day she called my extn “Hey Sandeep could you help me with this bug? I am not able to fix it” she spoke to me only after a week of our project allocation.
 
I felt so proud that she was asking me some query in her code. I promptly went to her bay and looked at her monitor. Surprising there was no code. She showed me a little ladybug, which was sitting on her money-plant. I was so annoyed. There was a twinkle in her eyes. And we both laughed. From that day till today we have shared everything like all good friends.
 
That’s the little flashback. Today is ice cream day again in office as well as Valentine’s Day. There is not much crowd at the ice cream stall, as it is raining, but of course Neha is there with two ice creams in her hand.
 
There was something between us. We are not just friends. I wondered if she was also thinking the same. Suddenly as if she understood what I was thinking she came to me and said, “Sandy wanna ice cream?” And I said, “Yes, not only ice cream but also the girl who loves it”
 
She smiled and looked into my eyes with shy and said, “you would have a hole in your pocket buying icecreams for me.” “Ha, ha anything to make my Neha happy.” And I held her hand. We walked in the rain with icecreams in our hand….

© 2008 Leena Bose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on April 15, 2008
Last Updated on April 15, 2008

Author

Leena Bose
Leena Bose

Chennai, India



About
I am a creative writer. I write poems, stories, & articles. more..

Writing