The guy in the corner

The guy in the corner

A Poem by Lauren:D

The guy in the corner
He sits alone
In silence, just thinking
As still as a stone.

But soon he weeps
His troublesome sound
No one hears him
He cannot be found.

The guy in the corner
So lonesome and depressed
His smile covers his frown
Whilst he tries to look his best.

Soon he finds love
He made a new start
He gave her a ring
She gave him her heart.

© 2011 Lauren:D


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for the reviews guys, i know what you mean yeah but it is my first poem so hopefully in the future they will be better. Thanks a lot though :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Unexpected happy ending! Ha! Anyways, very true, very true. I could see this idea being expanded just slightly to make the imagery be more of a man in the middle of a group, but really being in a little corner by himself. Because that's the reality of it - we're all really quite alone most of the time, even when we surround ourselves with supposedly close others.

If I have one suggestion, and if you're willing to take it, I might tweak the rhythm on a few lines, for the sake of flow. For the most part it has a nice flow, but then a couple spots seem to jar that a little - especially the third stanza. For instance, in the second line you could remove "and". It's not really a necessary word, and the line flows much better without it. The next two lines could be altered similarly. Off the top of my head: "Smile covering frown / Trying to look his best". Not the most elegant rewrite, but you get the idea.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dayum this ain't nothing but a G thang

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice job on this! It explains human patterns pretty well :). I could picture the man very well and understand his pain.
Great poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is fabulous! Very well written. The amount of thought put into each phrase is astounding! I enjoyed the idea of it as well. Very beautiful. Keep it up :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


poor sap Is gonna be the guy in the grave. I liked this piece a lot cause Ive been the guy in the corner. Well written, good, smooth read!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011

Author

Lauren:D
Lauren:D

About
Haii :) I'm Lauren, New at this but not at writing, I always make up stories, songs or poems hardly finish them but I will on here :D more..

Writing
Taken away Taken away

A Poem by Lauren:D



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..