Lyric notes

Lyric notes

A Poem by Landy
"

Romantic poem

"
Days like this, I wish I could tell you how lovely I see you, show you how much you mean and take you to the most beautiful places just so I can see the joy that radiates through your eyes.

Days like this, I pray that you never grow out of affection for me, I wish I could conjure words to describe your unique features, the ones that I notice when you turn your eyes from me.

You say there is nothing surprising of our encounter but forget how charmingly surprising you fell into my path as I walked aimlessly among the street lights.

Your hands brought back life in my veins and what surely is more surprising than that my dear love?

Suddenly I am living for your praise and I don’t want to leave your side by fear you ought to disappear.

Days like this, I wish I could paint your whole being and hang your tableau at the center of everyone’s vision, not to vaunt myself but to hold on to your beautiful memory in an immortal grip and never let go.

It is days like this where I feel human enough to be the receiving end of your every emotion, I want to stay,…..yes stay in this lifetime so I can see your face and be reminded of what home is like.

L.G.M

© 2023 Landy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting poem. More involved in expectations and thoughts, and that makes poem intersting

Posted 2 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Added on August 13, 2023
Last Updated on August 13, 2023
Tags: #poem #lyric notes #landy

Author

Landy
Landy

Paris, Chilly-Mazarin, France



About
Poetry writer/reader. more..

Writing
Diana's Lamp Diana's Lamp

A Poem by Landy