Never Change

Never Change

A Poem by LeDiisco
"

I realized this after spending time with someone I hadn't seen in years, and realized they were the same person they were back then, if not worse.

"

Its funny how it can seem as if somebody changed.

But when you get to know them, they really are deranged. 


You take a chance and talk to them and feel an instant spark.

But when it really gets down to it, you've been walking in the dark.


You come to your senses and tell them, that finally you are through,

It's too much, you realize, you bit off more then you could chew.


They'll never change, They'll stay the same. There suck in their old ways. 

You  realize the cause is lost, they just grow worse by the days.


You cannot help the ones who attempt to fight you as you try.

The only thing that you can do is walk and say Goodbye. 

© 2012 LeDiisco


Author's Note

LeDiisco
Like most of my poetry, it was written fast and whatever came to mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The last couplet reminds me of something a friend told me once: You can't save them all. Sometimes people are in a place where they can not be reached. Ultimately, they have to choose to come to terms with themselves. All we can do is provide support and wisdom.

And it is interesting what people reveal to you once they get to know them. Sometimes those things can be darker and more tangled than we first thought. Although, I think there are many pleasant things that can come from a relationship of discovery, especially if a long term friendship develops.

So I think you have a lot of good lessons here, and I know where you are coming from. I'm glad I found your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is good. I am impressed by how well this comes together...espcially since you really didnt apparently spend much time on it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can relate to this right now.
And it is good when you read something you relate to, so thanks for this lovely piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this. As some of the previous reviewers have said, for something written really quickly and on instinct this is extremely good.
Watch out with the grammar mistakes, though. I know that in poetry sometimes the rules are bent but never broken. Write out your poems but always revise them.
I think the poem has very nice tempo to it and I'm really looking forward to reading more of your work.

97/100
Cheers.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked how there seemed to be a story in this, and I thought the rhyem was really nice. The last line, the last word, was really nicely used.

Posted 12 Years Ago


for something written quickly and in the moment, this poem holds a lot of redeeming qualities. the rhymescheme is classic, and your rhythm is perfectly executed. the draw of this poem is also its relateability. good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 23, 2012
Last Updated on January 23, 2012

Author

LeDiisco
LeDiisco

NY



About
Hey. My name is C. Lee. Im 26 and im not much of a writer.... but I love to write, so I do. I try to stick to things I have gone through, but sometimes I just write about things that I hear about. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Poem by LeDiisco



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Biting Back Biting Back

A Poem by Bubo