Sweet Dreams...

Sweet Dreams...

A Poem by Kyrosutra
"

A description of a dream

"

Time... It cannot be slowed, quickened, frozen or bought.

Memories...Inspiring and at times painful, yet they can still be forgot.

Emotions... Like a grenade they're explosive, and can shatter you to debris.

Dreams... The platform that enables you to manipulate all three.

 

I had a dream... but this one belonged to me.

But with just only mere words, I'll try to describe it to thee.

 

I can't remember how I got there, but I was standing by this river.

And from the banks stretching outward, did all life seem to wither.

I felt frightened at first, but then comforted and reassured.

I began walking toward the water autonomously, subconsciously being lured.

I reached the shoreline, and the ground itself felt dead between my toes.

The cold howling wind biting at me, the mocking sound of hungry crows.

The sky drained of all but one colour, and the river reflected the grey.

The water itself was forbidding and murky, and reeked of some unknown decay.

Still, I knew I was at the right place,.. and I was waiting for someone,.. but who?

And almost as if to answer my immediate question, came a ferry bearing you.

Only you were pale, wearing a robe, and your skin bore the strangest tattoos.

Before you even asked me the question, you already knew the decision I'd choose.

Removing the hood, untying the waist, and your lips like a crimson in contrast to your face.

"Do you know where you are?"... But I was hypontized, transfixed.

I answered "You've called, and I've come, to the Great River Styx"

And I knew without it being said that once taken I could never return.

Yet I was blinded and manipulated, to follow that of which what I yearned.

As I stepped closer, I looked,.. and you smiled.

Reaching out to me knowingly, my heart's been beguiled.

My last breath, My heart-beat and My soul have been sold.

All to pay the ferrymen, for a voyage and you to hold.

 

I awake very suddenly... feeling disoriented and disheartened.

Trying to remember why I'm feeling these things, as my consciousness sharpened.

I miss you already... as if the dream had been real.

It might as well had been,.. givin the emotions I feel.

And often now do I dream of shores, waiting on you to appear.

But even in dream, could we be together again?, that remains unclear.

 

Sweet Dreams...

© 2012 Kyrosutra


Author's Note

Kyrosutra
I know very little about writing... this being the first one I've shared outside my friends on Facebook, I feel a temendous anxeity... They seem to like it though, But I'm looking for an honest opinion... not one bias by the fact that thier my friend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this, teh flow is smooth and the feelings are there. Awesome job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanks you very much for that... Totally made my Day!!! Glad you liked it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Welcome, I love your flow...like sugar...lovely dream sequence...Outstanding poem for your first time, sort of speak, but I can tell you write...love your analogies...allegory used...couplets were great...multies. Good stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2012
Last Updated on January 11, 2012

Author

Kyrosutra
Kyrosutra

St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada



About
Introverted... I enjoy expressing my thought via writing and rhyming... I'm looking to improve my skills and perhaps meet people of like mind. more..

Writing
Change... Change...

A Poem by Kyrosutra