DEAD FLESH

DEAD FLESH

A Poem by A Word
"

Jan/2000 I found some of my old poetry from 8 even 9 years ago. I am sharing my findings and blown by how much I have changed and grown. Thank God!

"

And your skin burns, because the world has made another bad creation.

You are treated like an open sore, by the critical lips of hate; which are filled with foul words.

 

And something in my skin has gone wry, as I, this hunk of external organ; that I call skin, could still be walking.

 

People look  on with disdain. Unable to fathom how I could possibly exist.

 

-And if this was not enough-

 

They hide themselves with make-ups and creams.

Trying to hide what is rightfully theirs.

Letting the world take away their only true sign of individualism.

They have "created their own prisons;" because they are never who they seem to be.

 

If this dead flesh is the beginning of all my agony, then "can you peel the pain off?"

 

Life is worth more living alone.

ALONE, how often one would use such a word, and at the same time, never really understanding it.

 

We are nobody they do not want us to be.

We are just bodies of skin, and DEAD FLESH for the taking.

© 2008 A Word


Author's Note

A Word
I wrote it as it was written, minus the quotations. Those quotes where from two different songs and I didn't even realize it until I read it. I know the last quote is from Korn. Sorry!

PLEASE make a comment on this poem... I want to explain myself... lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on May 7, 2008
Last Updated on May 7, 2008