"You're kind of cute."

"You're kind of cute."

A Chapter by Kuma

"Sara dear! You can't always lay in bed like that. There is chores to do." Mom scolded me. I got up from my bed and made my way over to the clothes hamper.


I was such a lazy person. I never helped anyway who wasn't me. I guess it was a bad habit of mine. It wasn't like anyone wanted my help anyway. At least, that was the people who didn't know me outside of school.


Unlike my terrible school days, today I had makeup on and my hair was curly. It would amaze everyone at school, I bet. But I didn't dress up like this for them. I made myself look pretty for my family.


I wanted my family to be proud of my beauty, not for some guys too admire me. If I wanted any guy to admire me I would have done it years ago. However I'm not that way.


I just want people at school to like me for my humor and personality. What is more to ask? I only want a genuine friend.

After I carried my laundry over to the washing machine, I began to start washing my clothes. Mom came down stairs and pointed at her watch. "Make sure the time corespeonds with how much time we have for dinner!" She informed me.


Another reason for getting ready was because we always went out to eat at resturants with our closeby family. It was the family that lived in the same state.


We always planned on the weekends to go out for dinner. It was fun to talk to them and I loved the resturants we went to. Almost every resturant seemed to remember us for our many times going.


I put the clothes in the washer and finished with that simple task. Now all I had to do was nothing. Honestly. I had no friends expect for Julianne, whom was currently enrolled in a private school.


She wore a uniform and even had a school badge on it! It was cool in my opinion. She didn't like it though. She thought it was an ugly and design.


I loved chatting with her. She had so many interesting things to say and we never ran out of topics to talk about. It was a surprise that she wasn't going to the same school.


Ever since fourth grade we nearly had the same classes. Our schools were relatively small. Well, her private school isn't.


It's huge! The school is so rich I even bet it even has chandeliers. My school on the other hand has a bad reputation.


There is always negative responses for it. The staff is horrible, the students aren't good at any subjects and the environment is disheveled. Though they're not wrong.


It's all true. Everyone there is somewhat terrible. I'm even one of them. I never pay attention in class and don't like having conversations with anybody.


I would be open to having friends if the boys at my school weren't so immature. There was the boys who tried to focus on schoolwork but fail and ones who all together don't put any effort.


They were always with their friends, talking about their interests and playing around with their food in the cafeteria. It was digusting to see them drooling over the stupid populars as well.


I especially hated the jockish types. Always throwing their sports equipment around and making fun of the lesser known students. Sickening.


I wanted them to just be thrown to the ground now. If there was someone to show them that they weren't all that, it would be perfect.


An hour later, mom had called me down. The clothes was in the dryer now so we were already to go out to eat!


We all piled into the car and my younger sister busted up her music in her earplugs. I sat there with happiness on my face. I was always so easily pleased to be seeing my family. It was the only times I got to be happy.


At school I was always frowning. The people around me weren't exactly the best. I'd rather get homeschooled, but mom doesn't have any time to do that. Neither does my dad.


When we finally made it to the resturant, I looked around for the familar car of my family. It stationed in a nearby parking spots and I smiled. "They're here already." I notified my parents.


Mom nodded and we began to get out. Chelsea, my younger sister turned off her music player and took off her ear phones. We went towards the resturant and I was so peppy.


"Well don't you look excited." Dad commented on my expression. I laughed and bobbed my head up and down. It was true. The joy was bubbling inside of me.


Once we were inside, the staff instantly remembered. "You'll be joining the Craigsley party, correct?" The man at the booth asked.


Dad nodded and a waitress came back to have us follow her. We followed her steps.


They sat at their own table. Most of their menus were up, expect Aunt Lisa's. She had a gleeful smile upon her face when she saw us.


"Hey Lisa!" Mom hugged her sister. Dad smiled at Uncle Greggory and sat across from him. "It's good to eat with everyone again." He started a conversation.


Chelsea and I sat next to Fredia and Noami. "Hey." I said to the. Noami smiled at me. "Oh hey Sara!" She said. "So how's your junior year?" She questioned.


I hated these types of questions though usually I had a good way to get of them. "Uh, it's good. Grades are okay and nothing it rushing me." I simply put it. I guess you can call it true. My grades only needed some sort of tweaking. Compared to the other kids' grades it's excellent.


Noami then proceeded to ask Chelsea about her Sophomore year. I decided that it would be best to go to the bathroom before the waitress came by.


"I'll be right back guys. Nature calls." I told my family. They simutaniously nodded.


I took my small purse with me. I held it close just for safety purporses. It didn't help much because someone had colided with me.


"Oh, I'm so sorry." They gasped. The boy held out a hand for me. I took it and he helped me up. "Are you alright?" He asked me with a fragile tone.


I nodded slowly. "I'm just such a silly klutz." I added.


He chuckled. "You're kind of cute." He made advanced towards me.


I blushed. He seemed to friendly towards me. I chose to take the compliment. "Thank you. You are very kind."


"It's no problem." He gave me a smile. "My name is Reed." He input his name.


I froze in my spot. I made it through all the connections I had. Reed? Reed Harris? One of the most nerdiest boys in my school was calling me "cute".


I couldn't believe that Reed, someone I praised everyday was even looking at me! At school I had always looked up to him.


He was one of the most influental students but also had a sense of humor. I never thought the day he would actually talk to me would come.


"My name is --" I paused a saw the line of people for the restroom. "I gotta go wait for the restroom." I rushed away to the line.


I waved goodbye. I hope nobody saw that. I'd hate to explain anything.


The line quickly died down and I was able to use the restroom. When I came out the boy was hidden in the hundreds of tables.


I sighed. Reed and I just weren't meant to be friends I suppose.


I made it back to our table. The waitress was barley making it there. I sat down to Naomi. "That was quick, man." I snickered in response and she grinned with enthusiasm.


We took our orders. The waitress copied it onto her notepad and went off.


For the remainder of the night we had a good time. Noami and I chatted some more and so did the rest of my family. It felt good to be with them.


As we went back to our cars, Noami stopped me. "I saw you." She wiggled her eyebrows. "Yeah and I saw you." I said with a confused expression.


"No silly!" She slapped my arm playfully. "I saw you -- talking with a guy." She refrenced my quick chat with Reed.


I blushed and tried to deny it. "Ah. That. He's just an aquaintance." I scratched my head.


Noami put a hand on her hip. She looked sassier than ever. "It didn't look like just an aquaintance." She smirked evily. "I think you have a crush on him. Do you know him from school or anywhere?"


How did she know everything?! I guess I had a crush on Reed, but it was more that I just wanted to get to know the guy.


Noami crackled. "By the look on your face, I guess he is. It's alright though. Secrets safe with me." She did the silly zip-the-lips action and waved arrogantly. She left to her parent's van.


Noami was a really weird cousin I had. She was a year older than me but acted like an eleven year old. I never tried to keep a lid on her immaturity though because it was funny.


I rolled my eyes. I went to parent's car. They were waiting for me. "Sorry we were talking about.. uh, her new boyfriend again." I made an excuse. It was a subject she talked about all the damn time. Her boyfriend Michael, this this and that. It was nonstop praise for him.


"Ah, that boy Michael she's always talking about. He seems nice." Mom inserted in the topic. I nodded. "Yeah, for someone as flauntly as Noa." I used her little nickname was used from time to time.


We laughed together. Thank god I was good at lying.



© 2013 Kuma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on June 22, 2013
Last Updated on June 22, 2013


Author

Kuma
Kuma

CA



About
None. more..

Writing
come save me come save me

A Book by Kuma