Chapter 3: Hospital Room

Chapter 3: Hospital Room

A Chapter by Knoxxeh

    Walking down the hall with Emily holding Nolan's hand now, people look out the window of their room to see the new arrival. Emily squeezes Nolan's hand a bit tighter to try a keep her nerves down. Sarra works with her devises in her glove while walking down the hall. Little kids from room come up now and everybody watches outsiders are rare now these days. They turn the corner and the doors slide open allowing them all to enter the hospital. "We would like to admit a patient here." Nolan says to the nurse sitting at the front desk. she seemed to be somewhat cranky and stares at Nolan for quite some time before finally speaking.
    "On what grounds." They all freeze and hesitate for a split second until Emily coughs behind them all.
    "Ive been puking for a couple days ma'am, it hasn't stopped in the slightest." The women looked at Emily, somewhat inspecting here trying to tell if she was telling the truth.
    "Mmhm" The noise comes out without the nurse moving her mouth as she motions for us to follow her. Emily starts to look into the rooms seeing the people that have been injured and the people who are dying. Tears start to form in her eyes but without paying attention she is suddenly stopped by Nolan who crouches down in front of her.
    "Whats wrong Emily?" Concern was certain in his voice, he wipes the tears away from her face.
    "I'm scared, what if I really need to be here one day, I dont want to be in as much pain as these people." Those words from Emily shocks Nolan, he smiles and looks away from her real quick to look at the room she is looking in. In the room was a small boy around the same age as Emily. The boy suffers from third degree burns from a towns fire that Ghost and Willow had went to a couple days ago. The doctors standing next to him inject him with some kind of medicine. This causes the boy to scream in pain and then relax and become still.
    "We're here to help, sometimes we come to late though." Nolan stands up while Emily's eyes follow him keeping contact with his face.
    "That's so tragic, I'm here taking up a bed when someone like this boy may need it so desperately." Nolan is amazed by this girls intelligence, he pats her back gently.
    "Ghost thinks your special, and I've known Ghost for a long time." Nolan stops for a second to process what to say. "He's like my brother, he has never felt this way about anyone. You must be something special." Emily smiles and walks forward towards the other girls. "Something special." Nolan whispers to himself then follows Emily. The doors to the hospital room opens and everyone but the nurse walks inside. Sarra closes the door behind her and takes a deep breath.
    "So that trip was fun." Sarra says as everyone chuckles just a little except for Emily who still seems a bit freaked out. They all stop quickly all feeling insensitive now putting their heads down in shame. "You should be safe now." Sarra adds calming Emily just a bit.
    "Before we left, I think I heard gun shots but I didn't hear them hit anything." She started to shake remembering the noises of the guns.
    "That was me, I have these bracers that generate shields." Sarra was about to go on but Emily stops her with a question.
    "Generates?" Emily looks confused.
    "Never mind that word, it creates shields, I made one and kept us from getting hit." Emily smiles while starting to lie down.
    "Thank you." Emily starts to close her eyes and soon falls asleep. Nolan walks around the room which seems so tiny with so many people in it. Willow sits on the window seal looking down at the different parts of Sanctum. It almost looks like a mall she used to see in pictures, different sections but instead of shops there are offices and weapons. They sat their thinking until the door opens and Ghost walks in somewhat tense.
    "What did Madison say?" Nolan studied Ghost whatever Madison said Nolan could tell Ghost didn't like.
    "We are helping this little girl weather Madison likes it or not." Willow, Sarra, and Nolan all look at each other worried. "I'll help her myself if I have to." Ghost says in anger.
    "We are all with you like always, but why? Why is she so important?" Willow seems completely serious.
    "Why does she have to be important, Crusade is after her isn't that enough for us to help her." Ghost looks around at all their faces as they look disappointing in themselves. "I'm not asking for you to understand why this is so important, but I'm asking you to trust me." They look at one another trying to get an idea what the other ones were thinking. After a few seconds they turn their attention back to Ghost and nod, a smile appears across Ghosts face as he turns and looks at Emily.
    "What now?" Nolan says what Willow and Sarra were both thinking, they had the little girl but what do they do now with her. Walking towards the machines that had to be hooked up to Emily because of hospital protocol. Her pulse was elevated, she could be having a nightmare. He puts his hand on her forehead she was sweating, his fingers stroke her hair taking it out of her face and putting it behind her ear. Taking his hand away slowly, He grips the railing of the bed. Then pushes him self gently back while clapping his hands together quietly, then pointing at the other three.
    "We have to get her a room, keep her safe." Ghost turns and looks out the glass wall at the many nurses passing the room. "That's the first, then we need to figure out why Crusade wants her. Who is she, is she a threat." All of them nod, Turning back to them all Ghost takes a deep breath. "But right now we should all get some sleep." Ghost walks past them all into the hallways where all of them follow. A hologram of numbers appear, after putting in the code the doors close and the sound of locking mechanism follows. "Good night." Ghost walks down the hall and turns the corner away from them all who go their separate ways to their rooms.



© 2012 Knoxxeh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

okay the first chapter you did a good job with emily being blind. but this chapter it doesnt seem like she is at all. she seems to know whats going on. you miiiiight wanna be a little bit more clear about that part. but otherwise its interesting. i feel like i might acculy get attached to nolan this time around. rather than last time where i was just like...eh. i dont hate sara. she isnt as much of a b***h this time but i reserve the right to retract that statement at any time. there were a few spelling mistakes that i caught there like Weather, that was describing well, not the clouds. ither way it was an interesting chapter and i like how protective ghost is over emily allready its adorable :) well written man.
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .ana.008.
.memberID. 008
.name. Arianna
.username. nerdypenguin2427
.novels. Right Side Up, The Bigger Sister, Fear
.status. Novelist, Role Model
.join date. 04-03-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Added on April 3, 2012
Last Updated on April 3, 2012


Author

Knoxxeh
Knoxxeh

Farmington, NY



About
Hello my name is Wesley, i am a writer and i will always be a writer its my favorite thing to do because life can be boring at times but i can create a world where i can do anything be anybody that's .. more..

Writing