Chapter 1: Little Girl

Chapter 1: Little Girl

A Chapter by Knoxxeh

    The team inspect their gear as the elevator goes up and up until it reaches  floor thirteen, everything seems fine and to be honest not much equipment is needed to talk to a little girl. Five, the floors seem to go by every five minutes, six, the lights start to flicker the building they were in was old. One member of the team hits the wall and the lights flicker stops. Seven, then eight, and nine before they all could think the elevator stops and the doors open to floor thirteen.
    They all walk out one by one as they go down the hallways of the building searching for room thirteen thirty. Once they all stand in front of it they all gave each other a glance, then one of them knocks. A women who seems to be in her late fifty's opens the door, she tightens her face while squinting to see who they all were this causes the wrinkles on her face to form dark lines. She nods her head and opens the door without asking questions, they walk past her and towards the only room with the door closed. One of them turns the handle and the squeaking noise of the door seems to echo.
     "Hello?" A little girls voice says the worry in her voice was climbing. "Who's there." She says again but her voice seems freaked out now.
    "Hello Emily." One of the members say into the darkness as they all now have a clear view of her.  She seems frightened as she looks around not sure where to look. "My name is Ghost, this is Willow, Sarra, and Nolan." She look towards Ghost but not exactly at him.
    "A...are you going to take me?" Emily is frightened she shakes in her bed pulling the covers closer to herself for comfort.
    "No Emily we just want to talk, the choice to leave with us is yours." Ghost says as Emily nods her head while looking around the room again. They all step inside the room but Ghost is the only one that goes and sits on Emily's bed next to her. "How old are you Emily?" Ghost waits for an answer as one stammers out.
    "I'm only eight." Emily looks around the room but still seems to be looking at nothing.
    "She blind." Nolan says from across the room at Ghost. "That's why shes not looking at you." Emily nods her head.
    "Do you want to figure out what I look like a little bit better?" Emily nods at Ghost question and starts to feel his face. Her fingers run through the roughness of his beard as her hands quickly move back to his softer skin. She feels out his nose and around his eyes then his ears causing him to chuckle a bit. Lastly she feels his short hair which the bangs have been spiked up somewhat. She pulls he hands away and smiles, rocking back and forth she starts to giggle.
    "Your handsome." This causes her to giggle more and pull the covers over her head in shyness. Ghost smiles then starts to get more serious remembering why him and his team were there in the first place.
    "Thank you for the complement but you have to listen now." Ghost takes the covers off of her head and looks at he even though she cant look back. "There are some people coming for you, not nice people like us but people who want to take you from your home without a choice." Emily's
 expression turns to frightened.
    "It's ok Emily we are here to help you and to make sure that doesn't happen, but you have to listen." Ghost puts his hands on Emily shoulder as she starts to calm down. "I don't know why they want you, I hardly know who you are. But you felt my face do I seem like someone who would have a mean face?" Emily smiles and shakes her head. "Then can you come with us so we can help you." She nods he head again as she give Ghost her hand and he passes it to Sarra.
    They all walk out of the room, Ghost walks up to the women who had opened the door who now has tears in her eyes. "We will keep her safe I promise." Ghost turns as the women nods and walks out with the rest of his team. They start to walk back to the elevator and as the turn the corner they are faced with men and guns. They all raise their hands as the leader of the group of men appears from the elevator. "Stephen Malock, what a joy you bring whenever we meet."Ghost motions to the guns.
    "Please Ghost cut the small talk, give us her and nobody has to die." Stephen motions for them to bring the little girl to him.
    "No, how about we leave with her and still nobody has to die." Emily is frozen behind Ghost frightened that she will die now. Stephen shakes his head and the guns held by the men get ready. Ghost nods and Willow as a small EMP dart shoots out of her sleeve causing the lights to go blinding bright and then pop. The team turns and runs the opposite directions towards the stairs. "Church we have a problem Crusade is here, we need you to pick us up from the roof." They all rush up the stairs listening to Crusade close behind them all, they break through the door and run towards one of the edges of the roof top ready for Church.
    "Almost there." Church replies as the team looks over and sees the carrier flying towards them the bright fire on the bottom of the carrier dims as it gets closer to us and slows down. The door behind them swings open again as gun shots fly through the air towards them, Sarra who has her hands together pulls them apart and a clear bright blue tented shield appears blocking the bullets. Sarra pulls the shield back then pushes it towards the men, as it hits some of the men fall off the building others gets crushed into the wall. Stephen gets pushed back through the doorway causing him to fall down the stairs.
    They all jump onto the carrier and take flight once again quickly, They all look at one another then all at Ghost. "I know it didn't go as planned but were all safe." They all look away as Ghost looks down while whispering to himself. "For now."


© 2012 Knoxxeh


Author's Note

Knoxxeh
New version what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

lets start off with i really like this one better than the old one. it seems to go faster but not in a forced way. the story carries itself without having to be like, and then this happened next. followed by this. i love Ghost, still. :) and you did a really good job at right away making him Loveable :) and emily is good too. making her blind really just made her that much easier to sympathise with in this chapter. well done. its not as confusing as the old book in general but i really did like the old first chapter with the bus, maybe you can work that back in cause it was a really cool scene. :)

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .ana.008.
.memberID. 008
.name. Arianna
.username. nerdypenguin2427
.novels. Right Side Up, The Bigger Sister, Fear
.status. Novelist, Role Model
.join date. 04-03-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think it's a great story line, it may need a bit of help with grammar and sentence structure, though. Great idea, keep them coming! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 1, 2012
Last Updated on April 1, 2012


Author

Knoxxeh
Knoxxeh

Farmington, NY



About
Hello my name is Wesley, i am a writer and i will always be a writer its my favorite thing to do because life can be boring at times but i can create a world where i can do anything be anybody that's .. more..

Writing