Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Karli
"

My Life: The Musical, Chapter Two

"

I walked slowly home from school, removing my gold heels for relief. Mrs. Dane had given us each a script, or, what she had so far. I still couldn't believe she had procrastinated finishing the musical. To be honest, the plot wasn't too original. I'd heard the storyline so many times. I couldn't wait to see what she'd put in it that was different.

    I heard footsteps behind me, and quickly spun around to see Henry catching up with me.

    "Hey," he grinned.

    "Hello," I squinted.

    "So, I hear you're kind of the 'it' girl here." he stared at the ground.

    "You heard right," I grinned and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

    "Well, I also heard that you think you're the 'it' girl, but really, you're just a wannabe."

    I paused for a second.

    "It's pure jealousy. People here are jealous of me." I informed him. "Join that group if you'd like."

    "Why do you think you're the best?" he dared to ask.

    "My mother is Lisa Drew, one of the most famous actresses ever to live." I grinned with pride. "My father is Brian Drew, the most famous choreographer ever."

    "That doesn't mean you're better than everyone, just because your parents are." he shrugged.

    Yeah, actually, it did.

    "Well, I'm still the best. I have raw talent." I debated.

    "That doesn't mean you're the best."

    "I've gotten the lead in everything I've auditioned for." I snapped.

    Why did he care?

    He remained silent.

    "Anyways, what do you want? Are you just here to grill me?" I hissed.

    "No," he shook his head and shrugged.

    "Then what do you want?" I rolled my eyes.

    "Well, I live this way, and I was lonely back there, so I figured I'd come over and make conversation." he chuckled.

    Creepsauce.

    "Well, I'm not in the mood for conversation." I let out a sharp breath.

    "Fine, I'll shut my mouth." he raised his hands in defeat.

    "Good." I smiled with triumph.

    We walked in silence for a few minutes, before he opened his mouth once more.

    "Do you have any friends?" he asked.

    "When are you going to stop with all the rude questions?" I squinted with anger.

    "Sorry, sorry," he laughed. "I'm just wondering. You're not exactly the nicest person I've ever met right off the bat."

    "Then why do you keep talking to me?" I demanded.

    "I'm curious," he shrugged.

    "I do have friends. Quinn is my best friend, but I have plenty of friends." I defended myself.

    "Do you have any friends at school?"

    "Those no-talent hacks are not good enough to talk to me. All of my friends are from my acting class." I smiled to myself.

    "So I'm a no-talent hack that isn't good enough to talk to you right now?" he looked down at me.

    I paused, feeling just a tad guilty.

    "To be honest," I sighed. "You're actually very talented. I was blown away today when we were reading together."

    "Well, I'm honored to be allowed to talk to you," he chuckled.

    I smiled subconsciously.

    Finally, I reached my house.

    "Well, this is my house." I waved.

    "See you around, Sasha." he winked.

    I nodded, still grinning.

 

 

Finally, the Friday of the auditions had arrived. I hadn't spoken to Henry since his first day, but we'd exchanged looks. Mrs. Dane had set up the auditorium well for auditions. It was complete with a judging table.

    "Welcome, students," she greeted, grinning from ear to ear.

    Unfortunately, she'd allowed anyone to try out, instead of just students from drama class or choir. A lot of these students simply didn't have what it took.

    "We're going to start with reading monologues before doing the singing auditions. Dana, you're up first." she pointed to the new girl.

    "I'm reading for the role of Sally," she turned her head and smirked my way.

    Who the hell did she think she was?

    To my surprise, she actually did very well.

    The auditions took the entire afternoon, and Mrs. Dane said that we didn't need to wait for the cast list. She told us to go get a drink of water and she'd get back to us in five minutes.

    "So, how do you think you did?" I heard a voice behind me.

    I turned to see Dana grinning, arms crossed.

    "Perfect." I answerd shortly.

    "I'm sure you think that. I hear you're the supposed star of the school."

    "What is it with new kids badgering me? It's really starting to get old." I refused to be grilled by another amateur.

    "I'm not badgering you, I just had a simple statement. I'll tell you this much, though, princess," she took a step towards me. "You can't walk all over me. Even if you beat me out for the lead, I won't allow you to treat me like you treat everyone else around here."

    "Whatever." I rolled my eyes and attempted to walk past her.

    She shoulder bumped me and muttered something under her breath.

    Well, screw her.

    "Welcome back, students," Mrs. Dane took center stage. "I have the cast list right here. For the part of Sally, we'll have Sasha Drew."

    I'd never been happier to receive a part.

   

 

   



© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
Review:)))))))))))))

I will finish this book, but I AM working a lot on my other books.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 31, 2011
Last Updated on March 31, 2011


Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing