Chapter Two: Sexy-Smiled Jeremy

Chapter Two: Sexy-Smiled Jeremy

A Chapter by Karli
"

Chapter Two of The Magic In Me

"

    “Allison,” I lazily strolled back into my room, where Allison was in full-on party mode. “Some hot guy told me to give this to you.”

    “What hot guy?” she took the lavender envelope from my hands.

    “I don’t know him, but he was in the beverage room. He’s from Douglas, so don’t tell anyone about him. He wants to come to your ball tonight, so I’m letting him.” I explained briefly, not caring about the situation at all.

    “He’s from Douglas? There’s no way I’m dating someone from Douglas! I’d rather date a poor man playing guitar on the street for money, Arabella!” she gagged as she threw the envelope in the trash.

    “Allison,” I scolded. “Don’t be rude. It’s not like he’s prince or anything. He simply lives there. Just give him a chance, he was nice, from what I’ve seen.”

    “Nice?” she scoffed. “You should not have even held a conversation with him! We’re not allowed to communicate with anyone from Douglas, even by accident!”

    “It’s not as if I have done this before.” I attempted to calm her. “I simply answered a few questions.”

    “You gave him information?” by the look Allison was giving me, I feared that I would end up in the dungeon. “Arabella, what did you tell him?”

    “All I said was that I was Princess Arabella, and that you were getting ready for a ball. He asked if he could attend, and I allowed him.” I explained frantically. “I swear, I didn’t tell him anything useful.”

    “You allowed him entry to my ball? Arabella, how could you? You know I hate Douglas residents.” she was absolutely livid about the whole ordeal. How was this my fault? He was innocent.

He was also very cute.

    “Allison, it’s not like I exactly enjoy the presence of them either, especially after what happened with Isabel Douglas long ago.” I reminded her.

    “You told him you were a princess. Do you know how endangered you could be right now?” Her angry look transformed into a worried frown.

    “I’ll be fine. He was really sweet, Allison. I’m sure he was just an innocent wanderer.” I found myself completely defending him. As much as I absolutely loathed Douglas citizens, he was really sweet, and had an adorable smile.

    “Sweet? Innocent wanderer? Are you insane?” she argued relentlessly. “Arabella, did he tell you he was an innocent wanderer? For all you know, he could be King of Douglas!”

    “I highly doubt that. He was around our age, Allison.” I snickered.

    “This isn’t funny!” she protested. “Just prepare yourself for my ball. If he shows up, tell him to go to hell. Or in the very least, back to where he came from.”

    “Sure.” I nodded and began applying eyeliner to my deep sea eyes.

 

 

    “This night is all about me.” Allison strode her way to the highest peak of the stairwells that lead into the ballroom. She was holding a pink sequined microphone (very Allison-like), and her eyes were batting everywhere.

    “Hello, everyone!” she brought the microphone to her lips. “Thank you so very much for attending my annual birthday ball here at the castle of Carlisle Creek!”

Annual birthday ball? Was she serious?

    “This is the twentieth year that I’ve thrown this amazing ball!” she cheered proudly.

No s**t, Sherlock.

    “I’m positive that this year will be the most spectacular one of all!” she continued. “Everyone, enjoy yourselves. Dance the night away, and eat as much shrimp as you want. The King and Queen have paid for everything!”

    Everyone hollered and cheered, beginning their night of partying. The entire kingdom had been begging and pleading Allison since she was eighteen years old to attend this ball. Somehow, she had found a way for everyone to attend. With the people she didn’t care a twig about, she told them different times. For instance, one man that desired to be with her, she told him the party was going to be from six to eight, and others it would be from eight thirty to ten. The ball would be going on from five to midnight, but no one but her closest friends (all three hundred of them) needed to know that information.

    Allison was in the middle of the floor, twirling from one random peasant to the next. I was growing restless, anticipating the arrival of the man from Douglas that I had met.

    “Who is he?” Allison came to my side and pointed in the doorway.

    There he was, sexy smile and all. Next to him was another man, handsome as ever, and seemingly cocky. He was more of Allison’s type than mine.

    “I’ll go find out.” I offered, keeping her oblivious.

    “Hi,” the mysterious man I’d met earlier greeted. “This is my brother, Jared. It was his idea to come here, because he fancies Princess Allison.”

    “It’s nice to meet the both of you.” I grinned and shook their hands.

    “My name is Jeremy,” he finally introduced himself.

    Jeremy. Sexy-smiled Jeremy.

    “There’s beverages and food over on the tables over there.” I pointed.

    “I’m there!” Jared immediately stampeded his way to the food tables like a wild boar. I let out a slight chuckle before re-fixing my gaze on Jeremy, who was also grinning away.

    “He’s a bit of a pig.” Jeremy sighed and faced down towards me. “Would you care to dance?”

    “Sure,” I agreed and accepted his hand.

    “Hello,” Allison raced over to us before we could reach the dance floor. “Who might you be? I don’t believe I know you. I’m Princess Allison.”

    “I’m Jeremy.” he offered his hand.

    “Where are you from?” she questioned innocently.

    “He’s from down the street.” I immediately rescued him. “His brother, Jared, is here. You remember him, right? You invited him when we went gown shopping a while back with my Mother.”

    “I don’t recall a Jared.” she raised an eyebrow.

    “Well, you invited him.” I lied. Allison forgot half the people she’d invited, anyways. What harm would it do? Besides, the lie would protect Jeremy, who I had yet to dance with.

    “Very well, then.” she shrugged. “Have a nice night.”

    “Why’d you lie?” Jeremy asked as Allison strode back to the middle of the dance floor.

    “Honestly, she hates everyone from Douglas. If she would have known you were from there, you would end up in the dungeon.” I laid it out flat for him.

    “Ouch,” he jokingly clutched at his heart. “My kingdom isn’t exactly a fan of Carlisle Creek, you know.”

   "You’re kingdom?” I raised an eyebrow.

    “Douglas,” he nodded. “The kingdom I reside in.”

    “Let’s go dance.” I dropped the subject, annoyed with the conversation.

    The song was beautiful, one composed by my very own parents. Every instrument played, creating beautiful harmony to accent the gorgeous melody. Jeremy’s hands were soft, and warm. Mine fit perfectly with his. How was he a peasant? He was just so well put together.

    “So, how do you like being a princess?” he made simple small talk.

   “Honestly, it’s not all tiaras and caviar.” I swayed carefully. Being a princess, everyone expected me to be an amazing ballroom dancer. Sure, like that would happen. “It’s fun, I suppose. My tower connects to Allison’s, so we’ve grown very close over the years of our lives.”

    “Allison’s your sister?” he asked casually.

   “Cousin,” I corrected. “Her parents died very tragically. We took her in long ago.”

    “Well, you had me fooled. You two look very much alike.”

    “Do you really think so?” I cocked my head to the side.

    “You’re much more beautiful,” he shrugged, “but yes, you resemble.”

    Sexy-smiled Jeremy thought of me as beautiful? Score one for Arabella!

    “Thank you,” I felt myself blushing as I looked down.

    “I honestly don’t know why you all hate Douglas so much.” he changed the subject. “It’s an amazing kingdom, truly. I’ve lived there all my life.”

    “Well, I have had problems with Isabel Douglas.” I spilled. “She’s the princess, you know. It’s not that I hate everyone, it’s just she’s ruined my thoughts of people from Douglas. Allison, well, she’s so entirely grateful for my parents caring for her all these years, she feels the need to share in their loathing.”

    “I see.” he nodded. “I’ve met Isabel. She’s really a great person.”

    “Doubt it.” I shook my head.

    “What exactly happened with the two of you?” he questioned curiously.

    “It’s very complicated. If you stick around long enough, I’ll take the time to tell you. It’s not too important anymore, to be honest.” I dodged the question at all costs. Isabel was a very touchy subject to enter into, honestly. I hated her more than I’d ever hated anyone, even King and Queen of Douglas.

    “I’ll remember that.” he grinned down at me.

    God, he was tall. The top of my head barely reached his shoulders. Something about him made me feel protected. He was much larger than me, with a warm, comforting smile, and fiery bear-like eyes. I nearly forgot that he was from the kingdom of my enemies.

    The song ended, and he released me from his arms.

    We talked during the rest of the ball, and I had to avoid Allison many times. She was always trying to get near us, growing suspicious. I’m pretty sure she had caught on to the fact that he was the mysterious man from Douglas.

    “Thank you again for attending my ball, everyone!” Allison dismissed everyone an hour later than she had planned.

    Surprisingly, I felt neither drowsy nor worn. I felt happy, standing next to Jeremy all night. There was something exciting about being around someone I wasn’t supposed to be, and I even liked him.

    I really liked him.

   “So, can I see you again sometime?” Jeremy and I strolled hand-in-hand out of the ballroom.

    “How about tomorrow? We can meet at the beach that’s in between our countries. It’s the only place that we can be safe.” I suggested.

    “Sounds perfect,” he leaned down to kiss my cheek. “Goodnight.”

    “Goodnight,” I could not hide my grin.

    Sexy-smiled Jeremy was absolutely perfect.



© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
Soo, you have no idea how dramatic this is going to get. Especially since this is a series, and I have sooo many twists for all of the books:) Stay tuned. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on February 9, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011


Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing