That Flower

That Flower

A Story by Karli
"

A bouquet's point of view of a wedding.

"

    If I do say so myself, I'm the most beautiful flower in the entire bouquet. I came straight from the island of Kauai, the Bride's home. She ordered me months ago, in hopes I'd arrive just as beautifully as I appeared in Hawaii. Lucky for her, I did.

    That poor girl. Everyone had been preparing for her wedding all morning long, and she was getting very stressed. If only I could speak to her, I'd tell her she'd be just fine. Her husband-to-be was sexier than a weed (I like bad boys), and seemed to love her very much. She seemed sweeter than a coconut, from my point of view.

    "Where's my fiance? Is he here?" the bride was breathing uncontrollably. "I need to know he's here!"

     "He's here, and just fine," her mother assured her.

     "Don't worry about a thing," her sister added. 

     "Everyone's here, and everything is in place." Mother assured her, giving her a giant hug. "I can't believe my baby is getting married today!"

    "Mom, you'll make me cry." the Bride dried her eyes.

    Sweet kid.

    "Well, I do believe it's time for you to be married." Her sister sighed, and embraced her. "You're going to have such a wonderful life."

    "I know." she nodded. "Where's my bouquet?"

    Right here!

    "Here you are," her sister handed me to her.

    Bride gripped my ends tightly, causing me to lose my breath. I gasped for air as she adjusted her hands. Sweat was pouring onto me from her palms. Gross! I was way to expensive to be sweat on.

    As she glided down the aisle with grace, we approached her Husband slowly. The entire ceremony, they were exchanging loving glances. How sweet?

    During the reception, I was sat on a table, until I was thrown. Some crazy superstition demanded it. So, apparently, her Mother was the next to be married. I beamed as I watched her drive away into the night later.

    Cute kids, really.

    Maybe I'd meet that special someone some day, and own my own bouquet.

   

© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
I'm trying to write a bunch of fun pieces:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You succeeded with this one, it is very fun! I noticed two minor problems, that aren't really problems, just my own opinion really, so I have put them below..
-There is a couple of words that are capitalized in the middle of the sentence that I don't think need to be (bride, husband).
-"Gross! I was way to expensive to be sweat on." sweat on..sounds a bit off..

Cute story :D


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing