Questions for Humanity

Questions for Humanity

A Poem by *^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*
"

this world is so full of smut it makes me sick! }:(

"

Why is it that everywhere I turn
There's a disgusting image
A vulgar topic
The F-word?


QUESTION ONE: Since when has all this become acceptable to the human nature?
I think about these things all the time
And I may sound like a nagging parent
But EVEN I:
A FOURTEEN year-old girl
Find offense to many disgusting things in the world


QUESTION TWO: Why is it funny when someone talks about sex?
"That's disturbing"
"That's unacceptable"
"That's an explicit thing"
It's a way of life; the only reason you think that
Is because it's never talked about or done in moral circumstances.


QUESTION THREE: When someone likes someone else, why are they afraid to tell them their feelings?
The opposite gender can be cruel
But why does it have to be?
That's so sad
Looks aren't everything
And being conceited won't make it any better


QUESTION FOUR: Just because a girl (or boy) likes to talk to another person of the opposite gender, does it mean they have a crush on them?
No
Not in any way
And even if they did like the other
Does it even matter?
Friends need to just keep their mouth shut


FINAL QUESTION: What has this world become?
A prideful group
Of inconsiderate
Unbelievable
Self-contained
Gutter minded people.

It doesn't have to be.
And I'm not saying the entire world is this way
But some people are just so stupid, so small-minded
That they can't even open their eyes
And see the real potential of a beautiful, clean world

What I've seen so far
And it's only the beginning
Has been breath-taking and down right smutty
I can't surf the Internet
Without coming across this crap

It's sad

© 2008 *^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*


Author's Note

*^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*
Ok, I just had this in my mind. I'm being as blunt as I possibly can, so if you get offended (uhh somehow?) please just relax; face it: a lot of this, if any if this, poem has a pretty good point. Oh my gosh, don't type anything with the word "sexy" in the search bar on Photobucket; you'll burn your corneas out... trust me... *twitch-twitch*

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What people say and do today, the dirty jokes and rudeness are exactly the same today as it was one-hundred years ago or more. The sex, vulgarity, pornography, etc... The difference between yesterday and today is the internet and mass media - word spreads quicker than the speed of thought now. Before, if you said something it may never leave the town your in, today - it goes across the world.
You are right about friends, they should be supportive - however, there is no such thing as a secret or discretion once it's been told to someone besides you. (If a friend betrays your trust - are they really a friend at all?)
As for vulgarity, it's in the mind of the beholder. Who decided what a swear word would be? - What a "sexy" picture is? - What 's rude and crude?
I say it's the extreme conservatives - the ones who shout abstinence in the midst of a growing crises of teen pregnancy - who shout the world is condemned - the one's who tell us we're going to hell for our actions and get caught doing drugs, having affairs, lying, cheating, stealing money from their congregations. I say these are the people to blame for the world today, instead of turning inward and correcting from within they turn outward and condemn. Is this who we want leading and directing us?
I like your poem, I really do as it gets people thinking about their own beliefs of what's good and bad, right and wrong. Any piece like this, that gets people commenting is a good one.
You did a wonderful job getting your feelings and beliefs across and for that I commend you.
Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting. i don't find much offense in vulgar things because they are only vulgar if we so make them. The "f" word for example, which I have shortened here out of respect though I seldom do, is only a word. It only has the power given to it. Sex is a beautiful thing, and so is the human body. But the human mind has been trained to treat it with shame. If you can train yourself to see the beauty in things what bothers you the most then will be that no one else uses these things in their beauty or appriciates it. This was an interesting piece none the less and there are quite some offensive acts in the world. Murder in its many forms the most atrocious in my mind but seemingly the most accepted.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 9, 2008

Author

*^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*
*^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*

that one city with the stuff, CA



About
I love to write fantasy. My name is Dianne and I live in California. I am what my name says: I love The Legend of Zelda! Link is my sexy love, and Epona is my horsy love! Speaking of which, I love hor.. more..

Writing