Little Pieces of the Past

Little Pieces of the Past

A Story by KittenCaine
"

Fragments of story, memories of a character looking back on his past. Events after "Watchful" and before "Freedom Doll"

"
~1~

A small apartment, cozy and dark in the middle of a winter night. Well... almost dark. In the bedroom, one of the bedside lights is on as one of the bed's occupants scribbles away in his notebook. Grunting at the faint light, the author's lover stirs and wraps muscled arms around the other's frail shoulders. Trying to tug him down to the pillow.
 
"Not now. I can't loose this idea..." He mumbles, scribbling away.
 
"You can't write a novel in a night, Will. Sleep..." The other grumbled, sitting up to get a better hold on his lover's tiny frame.
 
"But I-"
 
"No buts. Time to sleep." Carefully prying away the pen and notebook while kissing his kitten's neck, the older man switches off the light and pulls the youth down to lay on him. "Sweet dreams, my angel..." He whispers to the small, sleeping form...
 
**************************

~2~
 
Jareth's office was oddly big, as suited a workaholic professor. It even had a small cot for his frequent late nights. A cot often occupied by two.
 
On one such occasion, when classes were long over and the campus comfortably silent, the lovers cuddled close. The cat purred softly, laying mostly on top of his man, head over his heart.
 
"Can we stay this way forever?" He spoke softly, maybe he meant it in the childish way that befitted their decade-wide age gap... But it didn't stop his heart fluttering with his love's answer.
 
"Forever and always, Will."
 
The words would prove hollow one day... But in that moment, safe in the arms of the older man, they meant the world to him.
 
With a final kiss goodnight, the cat drifted off to sleep and dreams of the future, not  even imagining that he'd managed to plant the seeds of a tragic engagement...

© 2013 KittenCaine


Author's Note

KittenCaine
A vampiric arc story - standard reality with supernatural creatures.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on May 23, 2013
Last Updated on May 23, 2013

Author

KittenCaine
KittenCaine

Ottawa, Canada



About
Erm... Okay so... Ironically, I have no words XD Going on about me seems kinda pointless, so I guess just: what you can expect here... I'm Shuichi-level overly hyper half the time and self-irritati.. more..

Writing
Hellfire Hellfire

A Story by KittenCaine