The Monster In Me/Swan Song

The Monster In Me/Swan Song

A Story by Kit10Kat
"

Looking in the mirror, on the day of your own demise.

"
Today I awoke, with a feeling misplaced. A deep and dark thing stood smiling in my face. I stared at her, she stared back, barely a note in difference just a slight feeling of lack.
She told me with glee that today we Change places, that forever more we will never be in separate spaces. I asked her why, she pointed to my chest. For as long as you are dead there beside you I shall not rest...
But I'm not dead!! I cried out in fear and frustration... Her mocking of me now started a very verbal demonstration. How can I be dead? I talk I walk, she answered so do robots something a akin to your own lot. I responded, I'm not made of metal... She laughed and ever so gently told me, to just settle. I'm here for your own good, I'm here as your shield. No longer will you feel for them no longer will you yield. No longer will tears come as your heart turns cold. No longer will you wish for someone there for you to hold. These are my gifts, but they come with a price. Today will mark the end of your semi-precious life. A chance to start over, a beginning from an end. Just come with me, and make misery your friend.
As I stared at her I felt my blood cool, who was I to doubt this fairly well thought out rule? I knew had no hope, I knew had no trust and I knew in my heart I had started to rust. So she smiled at me as I poured my bath, knowing finally what I must do at last. I slipped in the water, turned the music on...and Let all my thoughts drown out in my last beautiful swan song.

© 2011 Kit10Kat


Author's Note

Kit10Kat
Its a little dark I know, but I liked the way it sounded.. theres a few parts i'm not fond of... so if you have any critics please do let me know. Or suggestions to make it flow a lil bit better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 16, 2011
Last Updated on September 16, 2011

Author

Kit10Kat
Kit10Kat

Writing
Someday Someday

A Poem by Kit10Kat