Original Chaos - Short Stories

Original Chaos - Short Stories

A Story by Aisling Phoenix
"

Different short stories that go along with my story Original Chaos.

"

Original Chaos

Just the Way Things Are

“B***h, please!”

“Get over here so I can kill you properly!”

“No! I’ll kill you!”

“A*****e!”

“B*****d!”

Isabella sighed and massaged her temples. Honestly, the amount of insanity in her house with everybody home was exhausting. It was bad enough before with only one of the Lexus boys, so why-oh-why did she have to let the youngest one move in as well?

Looking over at her best friend Damian as he worked on his Musical Theory essay, she knew all too well why. Despite all of the arguments and petty s**t the two went through with each other, she knew that he still loved Nixx. Even back when he’d run away from the turquoise-haired boy, screaming about not being his Prince Charming, a part of her knew.

But right now things weren’t going very well between them. And because Isabella allowed Nixx to move in, he currently wasn’t speaking to her.

Honestly, it hurt. It hurt a lot.

As much as she had hated when the two of them got together, she hated the situation they were presently in even more. In their thirteen years of knowing each other, not once had they fought so fiercely that they altogether stopped speaking to each other. Granted, many of those years they spent apart, but they still remained in touch with each other and thus they remained friends.

It was purely for selfish reasons that she was going to get them back together, if only to see him smile again. The smile that, when directed her way, made her feel like a million butterflies had swarmed her stomach, tickling her insides until she herself was smiling as well. For that smile, she would do anything.

“Get over here and say that to my face!”

“Make me!”

“Okay, maybe I will!”

“You have to move in order to do that you lazy b*****d!”

“B***h!”

But first she had to deal with the argumentative imbeciles occupying her living room.

Throwing her pencil aside, Isabella shoved back her chair and stomped out of the study to go face the two gamers duking it out over whatever fighting game they were playing. With anger swirling tightly around her, she slammed her fist against the wall just inside the doorway, intending to get their full attention. It worked, as her hand went entirely through the plaster, wood, and insulation all the way to the other side.

“What. The. F**k. Are you two doing?” she demanded, glaring at the two redheads sitting frozen before her.

One was her long-time friend Keitaro Kiiro, a rare mixed blood Anima who preferred using a blend of his cat and fox features instead of just one or the other. The other was another newbie in the household, a young Dragon named Anguis.

“Umm…” Keitaro trailed off, his mind racing for an explanation.

Thinking quickly, Anguis spoke up. “We were just having a friendly argument over who is a better racer,” he said nonchalantly. “No big deal. It’s not like we were about to destroy your house or anything.”

Isabella narrowed her eyes. “No big deal?” she repeated. “No big deal? There are children in this house, asswipes!”

“Look who’s talking,” Keitaro muttered.

A bolt of lightning snapped dangerously close to his face a split second after he finished his sentence and he gulped when Isabella turned her angry silver eyes on him.

“Care to repeat that?” she asked with a hiss.

Keitaro looked at her with wide eyes and whimpered, his ears flicking back to pin against his head. “N-no…”

“Good,” Isabella growled. “So keep it down. There are other people living here who would rather not have to endure your relentless imbecilic arguing. I, for one, am having a difficult time concentrating on my ridiculously difficult Calculus homework, so kindly shut your huge f*****g mouths.” She glared at them for a few seconds longer and then spun on her heel and marched out of the room.

“Whoa,” Anguis muttered.

Isabella walked back into the study and calmly took a seat at her desk, unaware of the fact that Damian was looking at her with an odd expression on his face. A few minutes later, she was humming and bopping her head along to some unknown tune playing in her head. She paused for a split second when Damian bolted from the room faster than she had seen him move in weeks, but then she went right back to work.

For once, all was peaceful. There was no shouting. There were no Lexus babies crying. There were no explosions.

It was very unnerving.

Isabella threw down her pencil and kicked back in her chair with a sigh. “Damn,” she muttered. “Now it’s too quiet and I really can’t concentrate. Usually when it’s this quiet it’s the horrible calm before even more horrific storm. Damn.”

A loud thump and the sound of someone yelling upstairs made her tense up. Slowly, she raised her silver eyes to stare at the ceiling, hoping that by some miracle that whatever it was wouldn’t turn into another all-out war in the house.

A few minutes later she could actually make out the words and who was arguing as they stomped down the stairs.

“This is completely ridiculous!” Tama could be heard yelling.

“Outrageous!” came a male voice - Liam, Isabella recognized after another second.

“No, it’s completely sane,” Damian replied, sounding peculiarly calm. “Go out in the car.”

“No! I’m not riding in that piece of s**t!”

Isabella strained to hear the next part of what was being said and only managed to pick out little bits and pieces of an Akilic chant before Liam and Tama shouted in alarm and there was a loud bang!

She remained in her chair, leaning forward to set it back down on all fours. Then she slowly got up and ventured out of the room to peek in the hallway to check the damage done. Before she could get a good look, a scarf was quickly wrapped around her eyes and she was whisked away down the hall. She managed to pick up on a light scent - honey, amber, and crayons - which helped her identify her kidnapper.

“Damian!”
she snarled in anger. “What is wrong with you?!”

He didn’t reply.

“Answer me, damn you!”

Bast, a darkness Element and dark-side to Isabella, paused in the hallway as she and her Advanced Statistics study buddy were making their way to the kitchen.

“That’s… that’s not normal,” the brunette girl whispered.

Bast shrugged and tossed her dark hair over her shoulder. “No. That’s just the way things are around here. You get used to it after a while.”

The other girl bit her lip. “I don’t think I want to.”

“Whatever. C’mon. We have studying to do.”
 

© 2009 Aisling Phoenix


Author's Note

Aisling Phoenix
Terms that might help understand a few things:
Anima- refers to a being who can assume the form of an animal. Typically, one type runs in a pureblood* family. (Ex. fox Anima)
*lowercased pureblood means that there can be variations in the difference species (pureblood fox Anima could mean the bloodline is mixed with arctic, red, golden, etc. foxes.). Uppercased Pureblood (a very rare thing) means that it is a single bloodline of a specific breed of that species. (Ex. Golden fox Anima or Red fox Anima) - Isabella and Keitaro are both Anima

Elemental- a being with the innate ability to use a specific element. It's not something that can be learned. Typically, the being takes on certain characteristics and personality traits of the element they use. - Bast is a Elemental

Mage- a being (typically human) who can cast any type of magic. There are different classifications of Mages. - Tama and Damian are both mages

Akilika/Akilic/Akilikan- Akilika is an empire to the east of Estharia. Akilic is the name of the language. Akilikan is what the people are called.

Estharia- Also known as the Middle Kingdom. Also where Isabella's "house" is located

That/the piece of crap/shit- Usually refers to Damian's ancient station wagon, (which he affectionately calls "The Wagon".) as it breaks down continuously.

Oh, and the Lexus boys belong to my friend Ravenazariel. She's letting me borrow them.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on March 8, 2009