Beyond The Curtain

Beyond The Curtain

A Story by Snitified
"

A world born with the essence of magic, a life full of lessons of its failure and the devastation of one mans final judgement.

"

Chapter One--....I am alone

 

The sand was warm, I remember that at least. I remember the fading sun and the shadows it cast, I remember red. There was noise and fear I can feel the terror even now, I wilted under the pressure of it only to find that there was nowhere to hide from it. In the end the fear was all I had, and a man who hates the one thing he has in life is a dangerous man.

The first few times I walked out of the shadows to stand before the crowds I was in awe of the spectacle of it all. The walls were spattered and noone ever bothered to clear the air of the scent of death. In the beggining the events were small the armor was scarce if available at all, the weapons were rusted and bent. In comparison to the crowds of the colloseum these tents held no more than a handful of the so called wealthy of the region, in reality it was a show put on for mostly slave traders and theives.

The men who sat trembling and scared in the trenches watching with me as we faced death together, they were fathers, brothers, sons. Mens whose luck had run out and men who had made too many wrong choices in a time when one was enough to cast you into slavery. Many of them held on to dreams of freedom, some accepted their fate and fought only until they began to desire death and found their own ways to die. I knew I was to die, I accepted it even embraced it, they had taken everything from me but I would not make it easy for them, I meant to take as many with me to hell as I could.

© 2011 Snitified


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011

Author

Snitified
Snitified

wooster , OH



About
I am your average everyday guy looking for the next barrier to break through. more..

Writing
Mist Of War Mist Of War

A Story by Snitified