Dream

Dream

A Story by Snitified
"

A very vivid dream I had on 12-17-12

"

This is a dream I had on 12-17-12 that was as vivid a dream as I have ever had.

 

                It begins as a woman wakes up in a cot and looks out onto a beautiful beach through waving lengths of hanging palm leaves. She looks around the room and see's a boy she recognizes sleeping in a corner of the small room. The woman begins to sit up and a small cup falls to the floor waking the boy. He immediately jumps to his feet and flies from the room yelling for his father to come, yelling that his mother is waking up.

The woman sits up and lets the sounds rush over her as she tries to make sense of everything that was happening. Mother, it felt right and the boy had looked so familiar but she could not recall a name or any memory with the little boy. A blinding light came in from the door in the room as the palm leaves parted again but a large man stood there not a boy. The man filled the doorway and as the light's sting faded he came into focus as a man with corded muscles on his arms and a ragged and torn pair of blue jeans.

The man before her moved slightly and his face became more clear, it was staring almost like a scared child back at her and in that moment a thousand memories flooded her of her son, her daughter and of him, Jason. "Annah, little one how are you feeling?" the mans voice cracked. "Paul was worried, he has been watching over you for me while I worked."  The man hugged the little boy and smiled proudly as he looked down on him.

Moments later the man and the woman walked out from the canopy and looked out over a massive beach with small huts built up against hills and under tree's. There was a creek that flowed out between two small mountains that were covered in tropical plants, in the distance waves come crashing onto the shore. The sounds bring back more memories of a plane falling and people screaming.

"What happened Scott?" The words barely needed to be spoken, the look on her face had been enough to tell him what she was feeling. "Our plane went down is all any of us can really put together, we dont know why or where. We have been able to put together that we were on the plane for around 8-10 hours before it went down. One of the others remembered checking the time and it was around midnight, our flight took off from Toronto at 2:15 according to the ticket I had in my wallet."

Scott pointed out over the beach to the different people. " We were very lucky, all of us were in the back of the plane and from what I can tell that was all that was left of the plane. We dont know where the rest of it ended up but up on that small ridge is the wreckage we were all in." He pointed over to the very end of the beach from where they were able to see at a 50ft tube that was slammed into the sand bank leading up the mountains foot.

"The camp is coming together, we have 2 other guys that have helped me build the camp. They don't know much about how to build but they are good guys and they work hard. We have 2 families, ours and a Korean family, their father speaks english and the others are learning fast." He walked out down the ridge towards the water and she followed staring out at all that had been done. "How long have I been in that hut?"  Scott stopped walking and looked out at the beach and the people moving around. "Its hard to put an exact day too it, the first few days we were focused on ensuring we had food and water but i think we have been here around 3 weeks. You have been awake at times and even spoken but this is the first time you have been lucid or even gotten out of bed."

As they walked down onto the beach and towards the brilliant blue water a girl came running up to Annah and hugged her. " Cassie! oh baby i missed you!" The little girl with flowing blonde hair squeezed with everything she had and flashed a bright smile as she lifted the necklace around her neck to show her mom. "Look at what I made! Dad showed me how, their beautiful!"  

 

The dream then shifts to a couple of days later when the team decides to explore the valley between the mountains. While they are going through the pass they find random parts and artifacts from a plane crash that had to have happened years before their own. They find a trove full of coins, old pictures of families on vacation and skeletons of both adults and children.

They continue on and wind their way through the valley until they come face to face with natives of the island who speak a fractured language that no one understands.  They push the group back down the valley at weapon point while pointing back to the beach and signaling for them to go back. When they get back to the beach they gather the group and talk about what they found and Scott tells everyone that he thinks the children he saw in the forest are the kids or grandkids of a different plane crash from years ago.

Then the dream ended and I woke up, I remember every single detail.

© 2012 Snitified


Author's Note

Snitified
Just a dream i needed to get on paper, no plans to expand on it just yet though the options do seem interesting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on December 17, 2012
Last Updated on December 17, 2012

Author

Snitified
Snitified

wooster , OH



About
I am your average everyday guy looking for the next barrier to break through. more..

Writing
Mist Of War Mist Of War

A Story by Snitified