Every innovation is conservative

Every innovation is conservative

A by Kindra JOY

 

I don’t recall who is to be quoted for this but in the past this seemed to be true in a very straightforward sort of way. Inventions were made to save everyone’s time, to increase yields, and to help preserve the lives of all (at least most) people. This is no longer so; innovation is conservation only for the innovator and his affiliates. I reckon that this was so in the past as well, but the affiliates have changed from all of mankind to a select few. In the past innovations were needed to make life possible, they have now gone too far. Life is now spent effortlessly, but because an innovative movement is always seemingly necessary and we have already passed the peak of innovation we must go down the rocky slope of destruction. This tells me that the population is meant to significantly shrink. Only the innovators will survive as the rest slowly die off as an effect of the innovation of destruction. They are innovating a new world to suit only themselves and their affiliates. Clever. Why help the whole world when you can just have it to yourself? I’m impressed… not to mention a bit distressed.   

© 2008 Kindra JOY


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well. I see what you are saying, but we don't have to take any notice of the innovators, especially the silly ones! If enough of us do't take notice they will fall flat on their faces. The real world is always (Well, hopefully) there for us to enjoy. You could write a shot sharp, to the point poem about this. Could be very effective!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Added on March 11, 2008

Author

Kindra JOY
Kindra JOY

MI



About
I am Kindra Joy. This is all I truely know about me. But what is a name anyway? I am what I bring to your senses. Everything I am I am not. Nothing facinates me. As well, everything. The condition of.. more..

Writing