Children vs. Adults

Children vs. Adults

A by Kindra JOY

 

Children are concerned with doing, living, while their adult counterparts are concerned with their manifestations of living, the proof that they have lived rather than living itself. Simply living is not enough; we need items, tangibility, to prove that we have indeed been alive, that we are alive. With this being our concern we tend to not strive for what we truly want in life, not for what satisfies and brings joy, but instead for the objects that we have chosen to represent our lives, our pleasures. Joy is nothing because you cannot see, nor physically touch it. The child strives for actual happiness and this is why they are the only ones who truly know it. Also, adults seem to never look at now; they look at what they have done or what they intend to do but are blind to the present. Happiness is momentary; it exists only in now and if now cannot be seen then neither can joy. We desire not the action, but the attainment. 

© 2008 Kindra JOY


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your concept and idea in this piece are truthful in their basic concept. I would certainly agree that children who live in the moment are capable of that joy and happiness at a level that far surpasses that of the adult. However, what I feel this piece doesn't go into is that part of growing up, part of the necessary journey and learning curve of life is responsibility. As an adult we must, for our sakes as well as our children's sakes is be responsible. That requirement forces us to step away from the zen of the now and become aware of the learning lessons of the past, as well as the needs of the future. While we must all attempt to find times to step back from the chaos of life, it is impossible to do so all the time.
I feel that joy is both an emotion that exists in the now, but I believe it also can be an emotion that is attached to the gains of hard work and determination. An adult obtaining their college degrees, working hard and getting a promotion in their favorite career and running a marathon at 63 years of age, all are events that have the ability to create joy.

Overall, I feel what you speak of is important, and that we shouldn't loose our ability to feel joy. But I think being aware of all past, present and future is vital to our races survival.

Great Ink!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 11, 2008

Author

Kindra JOY
Kindra JOY

MI



About
I am Kindra Joy. This is all I truely know about me. But what is a name anyway? I am what I bring to your senses. Everything I am I am not. Nothing facinates me. As well, everything. The condition of.. more..

Writing