Chapter 25 The three trouble makers…

Chapter 25 The three trouble makers…

A Chapter by Dreamer

Chapter 25

 

The three trouble makers…

 

Gerad groaned as he rolled off of the root he had fallen asleep on. It was still night as he sat up and tried to rub the soreness out of his shoulder, Calhan still stood watch so Gerad figured he hadn’t been asleep for very long. He sat on his bedroll and stared up at the stars, or tried, the sky was dark because of the clouds that blew overhead.

Gerad sighed as his gaze drifted toward the fire. Aerica sat next to it staring into the coals, Meko sat on her shoulder leaning back against her neck. He saw Gerad looking in their direction and nudged Aerica.

Gerad got up and walked over to them and sat down next to her. She gave him a small smile and went back to staring into the fire.

“How’s the arm?” Gerad asked her quietly so not to wake anyone else.

“Fine.” Aerica replied.

Gerad nodded and they both sat in silence as they stared at the fire.

“Does your sister know about us?” Aerica asked him suddenly.

Gerad thought for a bit, “I’m not sure, I think she suspects but I haven’t told her yet.”

Aerica nodded.

“Do you want me to tell her or wait for her to ask?” Gerad asked her. Meko had flown off of her shoulder to perch on her knee.

Aerica looked back at Gerad, “It doesn’t matter to me. I will love you whether she knows or not.”

Meko started coughing and Aerica turned her attention to him, “You ok Meko?”

Meko nodded as he let out a big cough; though they could just hear it. Aerica smiled at him as she rubbed his wing with her finger. Meko smiled back up at her then his smile faded as she turned her attention back to Gerad.

“Well, I’m going to go back to sleep. Goodnight Gerad.” Aerica said leaning forward and kissing him.

Gerad kissed her back and smiled at her as she stood up and went back to bed. Meko landed on Gerad’s shoulder and Gerad turned to look at him.

“What’s up, Meko?” Gerad asked him.

“I don’t mind that Aerica has fallen in love with you. I don’t mind that you love her. But she and I and even your sister aren’t the only ones that have to be ok with it. Friendly advice, keep the lovey dovey stuff to a bare minimum when we get to Kokiri Village until after Aerica has a chance to talk to her parents and the Duku Tree.”

Gerad thought about it, “I get your point. Are you going to talk to Aerica about it?”

Meko nodded, “Yes, I’ll handle that. Goodnight, Gerad.”

“Goodnight.” Gerad replied as Meko took off and flew to Aerica’s bedroll.

Gerad shrugged and returned to his bedroll and tried to get back to sleep, after flipping over a couple of times and finally finding a position off of a root sleep claimed him.

 

Gerad woke to the sound of an argument. He sat up and stretched then froze. As he looked around he realized he wasn’t at the camp anymore.

“Gerad.” He heard Calhan’s voice say and looked to where it came from. Calhan stood on a slightly raised platform of some kind of reddish orange granite. He wore his Sage robes and a somber expression.

“Calhan? What’s going on? Where are we?” Gerad asked standing up. He looked at the ground and realized he was standing on a platform in the shape of the Triforce. He recognized the symbol well, the three triangles, two as a base and one on top all three forming a triangle. The bases were wisdom and courage, which supported power, for without wisdom or courage power would not stand, or so his mother always told him.

Looking around him he saw other platforms arranged in a circle around the one he stood on, each platform was a different color and as he looked closer had a different symbol on it. There were seven including the one Calhan stood on.

“This is the chamber of sages, Gerad. I called you here to discuss some things with you and to introduce you to some people.” Calhan answered. Gerad gave Calhan his attention, he noticed Calhan seemed so tired.

“Calhan, are you ok?” Gerad asked.

“You’ll understand why I appear exhausted in a minute.” Calhan sighed rubbing his eyes.

Gerad raised his eyebrow, “Ok. What did you want to talk about? And why couldn’t we have done this in camp?”

“Just humor me.” Calhan sighed.

Gerad held up his hands, “Ok, no problem. What you need?”

Calhan sighed, “Gerad, please, do not hate me for what I am about to say. I say it only because I have to warn you to the possibilities as Lore Sage. Though I hate to even think about doing this.”

“Calhan, you’re starting to scare me.” Gerad said narrowing his eyes.

“I know, forgive me.” Calhan sighed.

Gerad waited for Calhan to continue but he seemed reluctant, “Who or what are we talking about and we can go from there.”

Calhan nodded, “Dahrin.”

Gerad rolled his eyes, “Why when we have to discuss something it always gravitates toward my friends? I know you don’t particularly like my friends but that doesn’t give-”

“Hold on, I’m not picking on Dahrin because I don’t like him, I honestly don’t care who your friends are. This has nothing to do with who I do or don’t like.”

Gerad looked at him skeptically, “Yeah, sure.”

“Look, I wouldn’t even be bringing this up if I even thought it was the least bit unimportant. But the fact is, Dahrin is part Evil Sage as well as Spirit. And his alter ego that we saw in Zora’s Domain will resurface given the right incentives.” Calhan said earnestly as Gerad turned away from him.

Gerad stared at the Spirit Sage platform as Calhan continued, “Dahrin is his original self for now. But he cannot be brought close to death like that again or even Selene won’t be able to save him a second time.”

“Is there any way to eradicate the Evil Sage from him?” Gerad asked turning back to face Calhan.

Calhan was about to answer when he stopped and rolled his eyes, “Yes, you may come out in a minute.”

Gerad stared at Calhan, “What?”

Calhan took a deep breath and let it out slowly, “Gerad, I have some ladies I need you to meet. Please keep in mind their stature and don’t anger them.”

“Ok.” Gerad said slowly and waited.

“You may come out now.” Calhan said over his shoulder.

The three pieces of the Triforce symbol Gerad was standing on began to glow their colors. Gerad stared down at them and almost jumped out of his skin when something emerged from each piece. Once the beings were out Gerad noticed they were female.

The one in front of him had hip length fire red hair, had a strong build, and when she opened her eyes they were the darkest ruby he had ever seen. She had a thin face with very seductive lips that were twisted in a sneer.

Gerad glanced behind him and saw another woman with jaw length dark green hair; her build was a softer kind of strength than the red ones. She had dark green eyes and a kind face.

The woman on his other side had blue hair that reached to her ankles. She was also slightly smaller than the green one and was the softest in build of them all, she seemed most vulnerable. She had a soft kind face and the coldest blue eyes Gerad had ever seen, making him rethink the vulnerable part of his analysis.

“Gerad, meet the three goddesses.” Calhan sighed.

Gerad tried to swallow but his mouth had gone dry, “Um, hi.”

“And you’re relying on this to save us?” The red one sneered.

“Yes, Din. He is my chosen one. Now don’t be rude and introduce us.” The green one retorted.

“Fine, Farore.” Din sighed.

“I am the goddess of power, Din. These are my sister goddesses, Farore of courage, and Naru of wisdom. You are?” Din said as Gerad looked at each one in turn.

“My name is Gerad, I’m the son of Link and Zelda of Hyrule.” Gerad replied bowing. He tried not to stare for the goddesses weren’t wearing too much.

Din sneered and hopped into the air to hover above Gerad. Gerad watched her silently as she circled him, judging him. Farore and Naru hopped into the air as well and went to hover next to Calhan.

“You cannot be serious?” Din said moving to hover on the other side of Calhan.

Calhan exhaled, “Look, Din, I know he isn’t the strongest one but he is the son of the Hero, work with what you got.”

Gerad was taken aback by the way Calhan addressed the goddesses, they were THE goddesses after all. Din didn’t even flinch.

“The Lore Sage is correct in this Din. Gerad is the son of the Hero therefore he must save the world.” Naru said calmly never taking her eyes off of Gerad, who was a little agitated that they only talked about him and not to him.

“Well, don’t come crying to me when Ganondorf kills us all because you put your faith in an untested son of a hero that got lucky the last time.” Din said crossing her arms.

“Din, you are such an imbecile, Link killed Ganondorf because he was the better not by luck. No one gets that lucky.” Farore retorted, “Besides, we wouldn’t have had this problem to begin with if YOU hadn’t put the notion in Ganondorf’s head.” Farore finished pointing an accusing finger at Din.

“I have already told you that I didn’t do that, and I’m also not held responsible for what the holder of my piece of the Triforce does.” Din said pointing back at Farore.

Gerad just stared at them as Calhan put his hand to his face and sighed. Naru just continued to stare at Gerad, calculating.

“And whose fault was it that Ganondorf got the piece in the first place?” Farore asked.

“I am not responsible for that, he got it on his own.” Din replied.

“You should have hidden it better!” Farore said.

“Oh like you hid yours?” Din sneered.

“Don’t yo-“

“ENOUGH!” Calhan screamed. Amazingly the two goddesses shut up and stared down at him.

“It’s over and done with, now I actually called you three here for a reason.” Calhan continued in a quieter voice as the two of them settled back to eye level.

“What is it Lore Sage?” Farore asked respectively.

“Do you know of a way to get the Evil Sage out of Dahrin?” Calhan asked them.

Din and Farore thought for a bit looking at each other then turning their gaze to Gerad then to Calhan then back to each other.

“Well, there is that way.” Farore suggested slowly.

Din raised an eyebrow at her, “You know that is the craziest way, but perhaps the only one that won’t kill him outright.”

“Yeah, it will just kill him slowly is all.” Farore laughed sarcastically.

“What are you talking about?” Gerad asked.

Din turned her burning gaze toward Gerad, “There is one possible way to get it out, but he could die in the process if he isn’t strong enough.”

“Or we accidently take out the wrong Sage spirit and leave it in there and he actually becomes the evil sage.” Farore added.

“Yeah, there’s that too.” Din agreed.

“How sure of success are you?” Gerad asked.

Din thought about it and looked at Farore, “Not at all.”

“Then why did you even suggest it?” Gerad asked exasperated.

Din shrugged, “I dunno.”

“Is there a way to seal it better?” Gerad asked drawing on all the patience he could muster.

“Naru, dearest?” Farore asked turning to her.

“Yes, there is a way.” Naru answered.

“Great, what is it?” Gerad exclaimed, he waited for her answer as she continued to stare at, or what seemed like, through him.

“I will not tell you.” Naru replied moving her gaze to stare somewhere else.

Gerad blinked, “I’m sorry, I don’t know if I heard you correctly.”

“I had replied to your question with, I will not tell you.” Naru replied in a level monotone voice.

“Why?” Gerad asked dropping his arms to his side.

Naru sighed, “If I tell you the way to do what you ask, you will, and you will mess up everything. Things must happen this way or we all die.”

“What way are you talking about, what things?” Gerad asked raising his voice in aggravation.

“I cannot answer your questions, it will make things go wrong. Be content for now Gerad, be content with what you can save.” Naru replied.

“What do you mean?” Gerad asked.

“You will have to choose, Gerad. Between losing them all or just one.” Naru replied, “You must not risk all to save one.”

“What are you talking about?” Gerad screamed at her, his patience snapped, “I’m sick of these non answers! Tell me how to save my friend.”

Naru ignored him. Din, Farore, and Calhan watched in stunned silence.

“Listen, you may be the creators of our world, and all due respect or whatever, but you haven’t had a hand in nothing since then, you left us to our own devices and this is how it is. Now, to me it sounds like you three are trying to make amends for this, if so then help me. I need Dahrin and all of my friends to be there for me when I face Ganondorf. Tell me how to save him.” Gerad said looking at each of the goddess; he stared at Naru till she looked at him, “Please.”

Naru sighed, “It is not logical for me to divulge the information you seek.”

“SCREW LOGIC.” Gerad screamed, “I’m asking you to help, logic doesn’t play a part in this.”

“Naru, you did it once.” Farore whispered.

“And that was when I swore to never again make a decision emotionally. This requires empathy and sympathy, that which I do not have anymore. Gerad, I cannot help you. Even if I wanted to, I could not. If I did, things would turn out worse than they already are going to be. I say to you again, be content with what and who you can save.”

Naru’s eyes seemed to soften as she continued, “Gerad, you must save the world, not your friends.”

Gerad stared in utter betrayal as there was a bright flash of light and the three goddesses disappeared.

“Wait!” Gerad screamed looking around the chamber for any sign of them.

“They’re gone Gerad, I’m sorry.” Calhan whispered.

“What does she mean, Calhan?” Gerad asked him.

Calhan sighed, “Naru is the goddess of wisdom, and she can also see the different paths of time.”

Gerad stared at him in confusion, “What?”

“She can see the paths we have to choose between when we make decisions. I’m talking about time, when we make a decision it affects everything, even in the minutest ways. She can see those choices and affects.” Calhan tried to clarify.

Gerad thought for a bit, “So you’re saying that she saw herself telling me the information I needed and then what would happen after that and decided it wasn’t worth it?”

“Yes.” Calhan nodded.

“Ok then why didn’t she tell me the choices I needed to make to come out to the perfect future where I save everyone?” Gerad asked.

“I don’t know, but I do know that the future constantly changes and she probably wouldn’t be able to tell you because telling you changes things and so her information would be inaccurate.” Calhan said hesitantly like he wasn’t quite sure himself.

Gerad sighed, “All this time talk is giving me a headache. So basically I’ve met the goddesses and found out that I have to choose between saving Dahrin or everyone but Dahrin.”

Calhan nodded, “Yeah pretty much.”



© 2014 Dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
Added on October 4, 2014
Last Updated on October 4, 2014

Descendants 2nd Generation


Author

Dreamer
Dreamer

LA



About
I'm just a simple country girl who likes to write the (what I find cool) stories I daydream up in my head. I also have a deviantart account at http://khiramae.deviantart.com/ don't have a whole lot .. more..

Writing
Prolog Prolog

A Chapter by Dreamer


Death Death

A Book by Dreamer


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Dreamer