I Wish I Dreamed of Monsters

I Wish I Dreamed of Monsters

A Story by Kezia
"

Horrors of a dream that are much more than claws and teeth.

"
My screams filled the house every night in complete horror. "Hush" you would whisper as if showing me how to make myself quiet. Of course, you and I both knew that your calming tone wouldn't be able to stop my shaking. You would pull me close and whisper that it isn't real and every single thing you love about me. My tears soaked the pillows but you always got dry ones for me. I would try to tell you what I had just experienced but you knew it would only be pain for me and again I would hear "hush" as you stroked my hair.
I wish I saw monsters. I wish with all my heart that instead I saw monsters with claws or teeth or both. I would much prefer that. That's never what I saw. I saw loved ones rejecting me and family members murdered. I saw my past lover coming to do all the things he used to. I swear I could feel every punch given in my sleep. I could see my husband with red eyes choking me. The world flipped and swirled.
Every night my husband would have to put me to sleep twice. The first time it would be with me afraid and resisting what was to come. The second time was me broken and shaking. I don't think he liked either.
I wish I saw monsters.

© 2015 Kezia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. You are able to put a lot of feeling into such few words. Good writing is about emotion and you succeeded here. The repetition of "I wish I saw monsters" carries the story forward. The final sentence is powerful. By the way, the title is perfect.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is a very powerful piece. Thank you very much for submitting this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very good piece. It is true that the real life monsters are worse than the fairy tale ones. Realizing you slept in the same bed with a psychpath will give you nightmares. I have been there.
Thank you for sharing
Annie💕💃💃💕

Posted 8 Years Ago


Words most times, can't really convey the thought you've got in your head. So I'll just stick with nice work, enjoyed it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


i like dreamt more than dreamed.... "re-occuring lifemare" ?

Posted 8 Years Ago


It's pretty good. I'm terrible at giving reviews, but I like it. It's very close and personal.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I'd like to think of a better title if anyone has ideas

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2015
Last Updated on December 15, 2015

Author

Kezia
Kezia

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
My writing will leave a lot to your imagination, I like to keep the reader wondering. Love feedback :) more..

Writing
Old Lulluby Old Lulluby

A Story by Kezia


Why? Why?

A Story by Kezia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


WATCHING WATCHING

A Poem by M. L. F.