I often wonder

I often wonder

A Poem by Steve
"

Just a short write talking about what many of us think about at times when we get to know someone online here.

"

I often wonder

What would it would be like?  To see you.
I mean, to REALLY see you.

Is your hair the same shade? Are you as pretty?
Is your smile as sweet as my imagination says it is?

I often wonder

What would it would be like?   To hear your voice.
Does your voice sound like music?
Do you laugh like an angel?
Will you whisper when you want my undivided attention?

I often wonder


What would it would be like?    To hold you close.
Will your touch give me energy?
Will you feel as warm and as perfect as my heart says?
Will you make me feel whole?

I often wonder

What would it would be like? To taste your sweetness.
Will your lips give off warmth and electricity?
Will your body respond to mine?
Will we make each other happy?

I often wonder.....

© 2013 Steve


Author's Note

Steve
This one took me only about 5 minutes to write...so i was not looking for anything deep with this one.......let me know if you can relate to what i have written here though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Absolutely all the time, I'm new here on WC, but elsewhere I always have. You'd be surprised the kind of person I take you for and the kind of people I imagine others to be like. I'd hate to meet anyone from here and find out they fell short of expectation. But I think the magic is always in the mystery. :) But that aside, this is very good for 5 minutes. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Steve

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind review.....



Reviews

this is a great write. I often wonder these things about the person I love. We haven't seen each other in three years but still talk alot and those thoughts run through my mind all the time. What ifs can be great things or we can make them horrible things to dwell upon. I choose the first for it is almost magical. this is actually a deep write whether you intended it to be or not.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I cant relate to being romantically interested in anyone online but I do wonder sometimes about some of my friends on here. So, I think most of us can relate to this. Some of my best writing came out of me in 5-15 minutes, that tells me that it came from your heart and your words back it up. I enjoyed this write, thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like "will your touch give me energy" thats exactly how it is isn't it?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can relate my feelings to this! wonderful though, I absolutely loved it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A long distance musing, curious with a touch of bittersweet. Everything is a matter of perspective though, and a person who's not quite solid in your reality... well, they become something close to fiction, don't they? Imagination can work wonders, it's like seeing the movie compared to reading the book: in your mind, everything takes a subconscious tilt in regard to your own interest. Nothing can really trump the mind. At least, not at first. Because unlike fiction, in reality, people can change and blossom and grow, depth can be added, and previous (mild? more than mild?) disappointment can lead to wonder. No one is as they seem, either way, it's all quite the complexity. But it's lovely. This poem is lovely. Beautiful work :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think a lot of us can relate to this. You get close to people online and you wonder if they're like they seem. Maybe better, maybe worse. I really like the topic. One of those that make me wonder why I didn't think of it. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Don't let the dreaming heart overrule the rational mind. It's all well and good to be swept away with emotion but make sure you are staring into the eyes of the person before you do.

Linda Marie

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow it sounds as internet love statement. I cant really relate since my interest is usually directed toward real life people, but its a nice piece of prose. And yeah as some other commenters have already said online people usually never the way one imagines it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've had my own fantasies about this, and had them fulfilled much to my DISAPPOINTMENT. They're NEVER as good as you've imagined. Trust me on this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I totally can relate, I think every romantizes about the virtual people we meet but isn't that what makes it all the more exciting the no knowing...your imagination is always going fantasize about them..and why not?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1296 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 23, 2010
Last Updated on June 13, 2013

Author

Steve
Steve

TX



About
Hi everyone! It's nice to be back more often now. I read and review a lot, but I don't like read requests. It seems forced. I write when I want to or feel that bit of inspiration. But, .. more..

Writing
My Biggest Fear My Biggest Fear

A Story by Steve



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


what i feel what i feel

A Poem by quinfinn


forgiveness forgiveness

A Poem by Emily B