Bloodtide

Bloodtide

A Story by kenny

Gripped with fear, holding on by sheer need for survival, he looked down over the side of the boat. The colossal beast continued to rise out of the water, rising high, unfathomably large. The shape of its shadow against the sky as it spread its tentacles wide, all encompassing and without peer. The deep echo of its call seemed to shake the very foundation of the planet. Spittle and breath more foul and bile ridden than anything a human was meant to endure. But this was no ordinary beast, it was one born of terror and emotion. It's form lacked flesh, revealing the wet patchwork of blood and muscle. Corpses and skulls decorated it's back, many only clinging to it by the many spears that coated the beast. In it's wake it left deep pools of blood in the water attracting ever more the gods that birthed it. Finally with a force greater even than the stars themselves, it came crashing down upon the vessel. With nothing left to do but face oblivion, everyone dropped to their knees in awe, or scraped at their own flesh in mind bending terror. The blood of the beast poured onto the passengers as it's gaping maw and gore soaked flesh collided in a one sided fight of wood against legend. Slipping under the veil of blood and saltwater, those survived were brought to a scene of even greater evil. As the entirety of the beast was now visible. It could easily of reached the clouds with it's truly massive form. It's tentacles surrounded the hapless victims from all angles, to try to swim through them, was to be caught upon its coat of spear and bone. Its form extended well into the black deep below, leaving no hope, no hope at all. as the final vice closed in, it's victims could look the beast in the eye. To see the solid black disks, large enough to swallow the ship alone, the gaping black holes of its soul were bore through its evil visage. It's great anger, and pain ever visible, it lived for this moment. Every day of its life even it knew it would be a slave to its fate.

© 2011 kenny


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2011

Author

kenny
kenny

About
I mostly write sad poems, tongue in cheek poems, and poems about rocks :) more..

Writing
Measuring Measuring

A Poem by kenny