rantings 010 one is less than zero

rantings 010 one is less than zero

A Story by kenny

Ever made a snack for your friends, and were so busy doing everything else that upon your return you hoped to rest and enjoy it too, but they ate them all but one. That one thing hurts more than it helps, because you ate something, now you want more, and guess what? there's none left at this point.

Ever handed out gum, and by the time you got home, had a single piece left?

My point of all these examples is, it's better to have had nothing, than to have had just a hint of it.

Worse still, is accomplishments, say for example, you go fishing. You catch a single fish. You have to do more work, like scaling, and gutting, for a single fish, than if you had caught nothing. Is it really worth all the prep and all the time to have a snack of a fish? no. Two is certainly more than zero, and zero is well, zero, but one, that is less than zero. one is the awful knowledge of what you're missing. One is the full recognition of what is occurring. When there is nothing left, its a fact, and you can move on, it takes up less space in your brain. When there is one left, you experience it far more.

In short, just something I have realized over my lifetime, and finally remembered to put it up.

© 2011 kenny


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on January 28, 2011
Last Updated on January 28, 2011

Author

kenny
kenny

About
I mostly write sad poems, tongue in cheek poems, and poems about rocks :) more..

Writing
Measuring Measuring

A Poem by kenny