rantings 008 Masterworks

rantings 008 Masterworks

A Story by kenny

So today (as in, within minutes of me writing this) I just finished building a massive setpiece for one of my many hobbies. And in doing so, I look back upon my complete collection of wonderful things I have built. I know these aren't the best pieces in the world, but I'm very proud of them. On a few of my other websites I case them and explain them, but anywho I'm getting sidetracked. Point is, what is it about building something with your own two hands that is so rewarding? For me it is many things, but I like the simplicity of it, the escape from the complications of the human brain, and just focusing on one goal until it is complete. Then I get to take the fantastic step back and finally flip the switch from work mode, back to default, and only then does it hit me, that I built this. The satisfaction of success at my own two hands. Every project I undertake is for that very moment, and then using the things I built counts for a bit too I suppose.

© 2011 kenny


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2011

Author

kenny
kenny

About
I mostly write sad poems, tongue in cheek poems, and poems about rocks :) more..

Writing
Measuring Measuring

A Poem by kenny