me and my twin: A peace so profound

me and my twin: A peace so profound

A Poem by Kennedy

Tonight is the night we need to fight but instead the weight of the world rests on our shoulders, not knowing what to do, we take that blade and slide it down our wrists needing some kind of release, we watch, entranced, as the essence of our being flows in streams down our arms, pooling on the floor, our gaze following it, drop by drop as it rapidly escapes our mortal wounds. not wanting this to end, we cut another part of us, needing that crimson tide to show for everyone to see, knowing they cant see our hearts, but only whats in it. we sigh, as our pain and sorrow is released in a dark, crimson flood, wading it's way over our body's, a vivid example to all of those who fall for the fake smile, and air of false happiness. we finally drop the facade and show the true us. as we stand there growing numb, gazing at the crimson tide that is quickly overtaking us, I notice no one wants to come and save us, but then again I know no one cares. they just blame us, and say its all our fault, we deserve this crimson tide, but what they fail to realize, is that once this tide ends, so will our lives, and the torture we once endured. we look to the sky, smiling, as our pain and tears slowly slip away, an air of peace an serenity begins to overcome us, our eyes hooded, we allow ourselves to fall into an airy bliss, as we grow more and more at peace. the peace we have longed for has finally come, wondering if this is a dream, or just a fading part of our lives, we reach out, and touch the bright light that we see from above. as  the very tips of our fingers come into contact with the warm florescent light, it envelopes us, filling us to the core of our being with warmth, love, happiness, and peace. we feel ourselves smile, a dopey grin, as we feel like we are drifting off into the distance, floating away from all our pain and troubles, as they r no longer a bother to us. the moment before we finally let go of our worldly pain, we feel the lightest of touches. looking about we see no one, but yet we can still feel his touch. wondering who it can be, the light wraps around us, and we hear him say its time for us to come home. we feel a strange feeling tugging at our hearts, but can't come to name the strange feeling. we ponder it for many a moment, striving to unmask this alien feeling in this moment of peace. our heart beats have slowed dramatically, knowing we should let go, we whisper out is this the world of peace where a father will love us? a light wraps its self around us, and dissolves any remnants of the strange feeling, as our attention is pulled undividedly to it, the last strands of our mortal lives are severed, we rise up, into a never ending world of peace and serenity... 

© 2010 Kennedy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am not sure how one reaches serenity from bloodletting, but I am glad to see you articulating your world.
Maybe you are right, maybe we are at peace when we are dead.....

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2010
Last Updated on October 28, 2010

Author

Kennedy
Kennedy

Starke, FL



About
I am a 17 yr old girl who has a lot of drama and stress to deal with but I love my man. more..

Writing
Desperation Desperation

A Poem by Kennedy


Sad woman Sad woman

A Poem by Kennedy