He and I

He and I

A Story by Kat
"

Just a little drabble...

"
My breath comes out in short bursts as I quickly made my way across the quart yard. Pushing my way through the crowd of people still locked in combat. I couldn't find it within myself to care as I cut down those who sought to stop me one by one. We lost radio contact 16 minutes ago. That's 16 minutes since I've heard his voice since I knew he was ok, that we would be ok. I can feel myself getting more and more anxious the longer I look for him. I have to step over bodies to continue on, but the only thing that is going through my mind is relief that I don't see him among the dead. I would kill anyone who dares put a hand on him. That thought scares me a little but I force it to the back of my mind. He brings out the best parts of me that I didn't know I was missing until he came into my life. He makes me feel like I can finally leave my past behind me that it is my choices that define me. I push myself to run faster as I hear the sound of a bigger fight up ahead. The sudden exposed to direct sunlight causes me to shield my eyes. When they finally focus they are immediately drawn to him. He has blood splattered across his face, but I still think he is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. As I watch he gracefully weaves his way through his enemies fighting hard and fast without hesitation. I quickly join in standing to his back.
"Glad you could join me," he says biting back a smile
"You can't get rid of me that easily," I say letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

© 2018 Kat


Author's Note

Kat
This is just a little drabble I came up with. I have the intention to add this into a full-length story I'm writing. I would love any comments and criticism. I want to improve so I love notes!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I loved it! really cute, and exciting. It held my attention until the end. One thing...and this is just a suggestion, I would maybe add another paragraph. When your character starts to describe how he makes her a better person, and she would kill anyone if he was hurt, I think that should be it's own paragraph. The emotions that your character is feeling there is so strong, and I think that if you developed that part a bit, it would make an even bigger impression on a reader. All in all, amazing! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved it! really cute, and exciting. It held my attention until the end. One thing...and this is just a suggestion, I would maybe add another paragraph. When your character starts to describe how he makes her a better person, and she would kill anyone if he was hurt, I think that should be it's own paragraph. The emotions that your character is feeling there is so strong, and I think that if you developed that part a bit, it would make an even bigger impression on a reader. All in all, amazing! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on April 25, 2018
Last Updated on April 25, 2018
Tags: Fighting, Love, Happy Ending

Author

Kat
Kat

White House , TN



About
I highly enjoy reading and I wish to help bring others the same joy. more..

Writing
Drowning Drowning

A Story by Kat


Shattered Reality Shattered Reality

A Story by Kat


Self-destruction Self-destruction

A Poem by Kat