Battle Plan

Battle Plan

A Chapter by Rae
"

Gaby and Syrus flee the castle, but after an accident happens, Gaby is the only one left to begin the final battle. Can she do it?

"
   Syrus' eyes showed sadness as he looked into the eyes of his beloved Gaby. She was still in shock from hearing that Serus and Syrus used to be one person.

   Gaby clenched her teeth and said, "Why are you looking so sad for?!" She reached through the bars and hit him on the head, "I don't care that you WERE the same person! You guys aren't the same now and never will be again, ok?!"

   Syrus' surprised look melted into a look of happiness, "Princess, I'm glad you care so much about me to cheer me up."

   Gaby ignored the 'princess' comment, "Anyway, we have to get out of here so we can think of a battle plan!"

   "Right." Syrus agreed, "There are keys over by the door. Ones to the cell as well as ones to my shackles."

   "Really?" Gaby smirked, "I thought the shackles look good on you."

   Syrus blushed, but in a playful voice, he said, "Kinky."

   Gaby rushed over to the door and found the keys. She then rushed back and quickly opened the cell door.

   "You ARE going to get me out of these shackles, aren't you?" Syrus asked.

   "Duh." Gaby laughed as she unlocked the shackles on his wrists, ankles, and neck, "Now let's go before someone sees us."

   Syrus nodded and followed after her, grabbing his forgotten sword that leaned against the door.

...

   "Run, Sy!" Gaby pulled the boy's hand as they rushed out of the castle gates. If they could just get passed the drawbridge, then they could be free from the castle. However, fate had other plans.

   Serus had ordered the drawbridge to be pulled up, so that was no longer an option. The two turned to the woods that surrounded the castle. They began running East when Syrus was hit.

   "Sy!" Gaby looked back and an arrow was shot through his back.

   "Ugh..." Syrus attempted to get up, but three more arrows were shot into his back.

   "SYRUS!" Gaby picked him up, bridal style, and carried him off into the woods.

   Serus watched from the top of the castle, "You idiots! I told you not to shoot him down!"

   The archers felt sheepish as they replied, "We tried to get Gabriella, sir, but Syrus was in the way."

   "Some archers you are!" Serus growled, "If he dies, then his spirit form will still remain! Don't you fools get it?! Who knows how long it will take for him to get a physical body made once again!"

   The archers kicked at the ground nervously.

   Serus sighed, "Whatever. They can't go anywhere. And they are probably waiting for an opportunity to attack. We will wait for them."

...

   "Syrus..." Gaby had dragged the boy all the way to the Crystal Lake, a magical lake that can heal any wounds. Gaby waded into the lake, taking Syrus with her. She gently pulled out the arrows and submerged the two of them in the water.

   Instead of an icy pool, the lake was actually a warm bath. No too hot or too cold. Just warm and cool at the same time. Gaby looked at Syrus, but his wounds were not healing. They still had blood pouring out. Gaby brought the two up for air and waded out of the lake. She laid Syrus on the bank.

   "Sy?" Gaby took his hand, "Can you hear me?"

   Syrus opened his eyes a bit and stared at her. Then a warm smile graced his features. "Gaby." he said, "My physical form is weak. It would be impossible for me to fight Serus in this state. He was always stronger than me physically anyway."

   "Don't say that." Gaby frowned, "You could have totally beat him. We'll just wait until you get better."

   Syrus let out a weak laugh, "My physical form is dying. The only way I could get better is if Serus is dead and I can assume his role as prince of Series Castle."

   Gaby sighed, "I get it. I'll have to beat him."

   "What?!" Syrus gaped, "You can't do that! He'll kill you!"

   "And I'm just suppose to let you die?!" tears began to parade down Gaby's face, "I won't let you die! I'll never let you die! I will kill thousands of men before I ever let you die!"

   Syrus smiled sadly, "But I can't let you die either."

   Gaby's anger faded as she saw the pain on Syrus' face; both mental and physical pain were present, "Sy..."

   "I understand..." Syrus said sadly, "if you go, I can't stop you, even if I want to."

   "Good." Gaby smiled, "Because I'm going to save you. And don't worry, I won't die. I'm too awesome for that."

   Syrus smiled at her sudden attitude change, but he blushed as she got nearer.

   "And..." Gaby whispered, "I had such a great swords master." She kissed his cheek lovingly.

   Syrus held his cheek, "Ah, princess. Your kisses are like sweet nectar."

   Gaby blushed lightly, "Well, all I have to do is think of a battle plan now. Say, what kind of weapons does Serus use?"

   "An obsidian blade." Syrus said, "It is a symbol of war and the only weapon he likes to use."

   "Hmm..." Gaby thought for a moment before gasping, "That's it!"

   "What is?" Syrus asked.

   "The Mineral Scale!" Gaby began, "On the mineral scale, obsidian would be around a 5.5. and aquamarine would be a 7.5 to an 8! Aquamarine is stronger than obsidian!"

   Syrus made a motion for her to continue.

   "Well..." Gaby suddenly bowed, "Could I use your sword to fight with?"

   "My sword?" Syrus asked.

   "Yes." Gaby looked him in the eye, her face serious, "Your aquamarine sword would shatter his. Besides, I would like to fight with something of yours. It will help me knowing that a part of you will be there with me."

   Syrus caressed Gaby's face, "My love, your words are more like ambrosia than this water is. I will always be with you, no matter what." He handed her his prized sword. She took it gingerly from his hands.

   Gaby then got up and did something rather surprising. She grabbed the sleeves of her shirt and ripped them off. She then rolled up her baggy pants and, using the sleeves, she tied them to her knee.

   "It is so they won't get in the way of my fighting." Gaby explained when Syrus gave her a quizzical look. She took to sash from her waist and tied it around her head like a headband. With the sword in its sheath tied to her waist, Gaby was ready to go.

   "Be careful, Gaby." Syrus took her hand and kissed it.

   Gaby carefully pushed Syrus into the water far enough to where his wound was submerged, but he could still breathe.

   "I'll be back soon." Gaby gave him a light kiss on the nose before running off towards the castle.



© 2012 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
So the next chapter is the last one(I think). I really like this chapter, even though it feels kind of short. Oh well. Next chapter has all the excitement. ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw man, right in the feels. I seriously hope nothing ends up happening to him...
But good chapter, nonetheless. I'll be awaiting the next chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on June 7, 2012
Last Updated on June 7, 2012


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae