Intro(Part 1): Treason

Intro(Part 1): Treason

A Chapter by Rae
"

The Queen of Mermaids is accused of treason and runs away to Miscellaneous Country to escape.

"
    She had voluminous dirty blonde hair; pale skin; dark purple eyes; a purple bikini top; and a black tail fin. She is the Queen of Mermaids; ruling the land of Atlantis. The queen quickly tied a purple bow into her hair and put on her crown and cape. She was meeting with her brother, the general of the army, to discuss what they should do about the recent Siren attacks.
   
    The queen swam down the hall and into the Throne Room. She sat on her grand chair while her brother stood beside her.
   
    “Bring the Siren leader.” the queen said.
   
    Two mermen brought in a girl who looked like a mermaid with her sparkling white tail fin, green bikini top, blue eyes, and short blonde hair. She had handcuffs on and a metal cuff over her mouth to keep her from singing.
   
    “You are Shelby Siren, the leader of the Siren Rebel Crusaders. Am I correct?” the queen asked.
   
    The siren said nothing. She just glared up at the queen with her brilliant eyes.
   
    The queen smirked, “Well then. To fix the damage you’ve done, and to keep peace in Atlantis, I order you to be banished to Miscellaneous Country!”
   
    The court around her room cheered for the decision. The guards were going to take the siren away when she jerked from them and tore the metal off of her mouth.
   
    “Queen!” she bellowed, “You shall receive far worse then me! You shall live a life I had once had; a life of living at the bottom!” She then began to sing a very dark, sinister, sorrowful song. It turned into an ear-piercing screech as some black light came out of Shelby’s hands and flew towards the queen. It pierced the mermaid in the stomach, leaving a black mark on her stomach in the shape of a swirling black cat around her bellybutton.
   
    The guards grabbed her by the arms and forced another metal clasp around her mouth as soon as she finished her song. The guards finally took her away and out of the room. Everyone was silent.
   
    “Are you alright, sis?” the queen’s brother, Ian McFinn, asked in concern.
   
    “I’m fine.” the queen said, “I’m just… going to lay down for the day.”
   
    She waved the court off as she swam back to her chambers.

    The queen woke up after hearing screaming outside. She swam out, leaving her cape and crown.
   
    The Siren Rebel Crusaders were attacking the castle; angered that their leader, Shelby Siren, had been banished. The queen was suddenly hit in the back of the head; her world going dark.

    She woke up to find herself in the dungeons.
   
    “Why am I…?” she began when Ian came to her cell; a solemn exterior marked his features.
   
    “Come with me.” he put handcuffs on her and led her to the courtroom.
   
    “Brother, what is happening?” she asked.
   
    “Sorry, sis.” Ian began, “I can’t talk to you right now.”
   
    The queen was quiet. They entered the room and on the throne was the queen’s little sister, Savannah McFinn. She glared at her elder sister.
   
    “Queen Arielle McFinn.” Savannah said, “You are here because you have been accused of treason. We have eyewitnesses telling us that you are the Second in Command of the Siren Rebel Crusaders. Do you deny this?”
   
    Queen Arielle was baffled. She was so shocked to be accused of treason that she couldn’t speak.
   
    “You do not deny it.” Savannah’s glare turned rather harsh, “You are to be stripped of your title as queen and killed for treason. That is my judgment.”
   
    Suddenly, Ian took his triton and cut Arielle’s chains.
   
    “Swim fast, sis!” Ian pushed her out the door.
   
    Arielle didn’t have to be told twice. She didn’t even go back to grab her things. She swam out of the castle and out of the city. Eventually, she roamed into the territory that belonged to the half-human, half-shark people(otherwise known as Sharks).
   
    Arielle was looking for a specific shark. Her boyfriend, Kylan Jett, the Shark Prince. In a month, when he was to become king, they were going to get married and join their two kingdoms for one strong empire.
   
    Kylan was in his palace garden when Arielle swam over the wall and hugged him.
   
    “Arielle?” Kylan asked, “What are you doing here?”
   
    “I came to see you.” Arielle said, “I’m sure you heard about what happened in Atlantis…”
   
    “Yeah…” Kylan swam away a bit, “Listen, I know you are here to make me run away with you…”
   
    “Let’s go then!” Arielle took a hold of his hand, “We can get married and live where no one with find us!”
   
    “No!” Kylan took his hand back, “You are ‘wanted’ with a $1,000,000 bounty on you! If I went with you, I could have the same fate as you! How could I leave my kingdom?! My people?!”
   
    Arielle coward down a bit, “What are you saying?”
   
    Kylan sighed, “It is over, Arielle. I’m breaking up with you.”
   
    Arielle looked as if she was about to cry, but instead she gave him a hard stare.
   
    “Why?” she asked sadly, “I thought you loved me…”
   
    “Arielle.” he said, “Your bounty has reached all over Ocean Country; that includes here. I am willing to overlook your stay here and pretend you never came. Now go, before I change my mind.” Kylan turned away from her.
   
    Arielle stared at him and noticed he was wearing the white shells necklace she had made for him. Anger swelled up in her as she lunged forward and ripped the necklace off of him.

    Sharks, mer-people, lone bounty hunters; they were all after her. Not only was she wanted for treason, but she had stolen from the Shark Prince.
   
    “I can’t run anymore…” she puffed and laid on a rock. She looked at the shell necklace with sad eyes. Suddenly, she sat up, “That’s it! ‘Run’! Of course I can’t stay in Ocean Country, so that means the only place to go would be a land country!” Arielle got up and began swimming towards the surface.
   
    Her head popped out of the water and she exclaimed, “Land!”, as she saw the black pebbles of the Black Beaches of Misc. Country. She began swimming towards the beach, but she felt something pull her down. It was a Shark; a female one. Her scowl was as menacing as her fiery red hair.
   
    “Ex-Queen Arielle McFinn!” she growled, “Give back the Prince’s stolen item or I shall kill you where you now float!”
   
    Arielle stared her down, “Back off, Shark. The prince dishonored me. And I took back what was mine.”
   
    “You dishonored yourself with your treason!” the Shark took out her blade, “Prepare to die! I’ll be happy to collect that $1,000,000.”
   
    Arielle swam towards the surface with the Shark on her tailfin. Arielle jumped out of the water and onto the beach.
   
    Almost immediately her fin turned into two long, pale legs. Arielle looked back and saw the Shark girl glare at her before retreating back into the water.
   
    Arielle wondered why the girl didn’t follow her. Arielle tried to stand up, but she fell quickly back onto the ground due to lack of practice on legs.
   
    “D****t.” Arielle used her upper body strength and slowly slid across the soft black pebbles. The horizon had darkened considerably and Arielle was growing weary. She simply laid on the beach, exhausted.
   
    Soft footsteps were heard and Arielle barely saw who it was. She could only make out certain details of a girl with long brown hair and tan skin who wore gray ankle boots, white short shorts, and a silver camisole top. What Arielle saw last was the silver unicorn horn in her hand; then she passed out on the black terrain.

(End Of Part 1)


© 2011 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Poor Arielle. First she is going to get killed for treason, then she goes and steals, and THEN she is on a beach with no way to feed herself because she doesn't know how to walk. Tell me what you think please. ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, can I just say how amazed I am at how you combined Greek myth with mermaids??? Like seriously! I kinda wanna draw that scene between Shelby and Arielle.

The name of the enemy is cool too: Second Siren Brigade. Sweetness!

Im hooked for sure! Gotta keep reading!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think it's great..... I will go for the next one..

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 28, 2011
Last Updated on December 28, 2011


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae