Chapter Ten: The Confrontation

Chapter Ten: The Confrontation

A Chapter by Rae
"

So, Ali is going to confront Death and also find out just who Doc really is. And some MAJOR things happen, so don't skim through it! ^^

"
Dear STD,
   I'm a little.... worried. Mostly about Dimitri's story yesterday. I mean, the boy had his mother die TWICE, him die ONCE, and then become an Undead to never die or go with his mother to Heaven. It's sad really. I mean, sure my parents have died and all, and I have a couple of times.... actually, I think me and him are pretty close to being the same. Both of us seen our loved ones getting killed(well murdered for Dimitri) and we've both died(me many times), the only thing different is that he can't die ever again, and I KEEP dying. So, in short, we are in similar situations.... Does that mean it is ok to... you know... feel THIS way? N-No way am I falling in LOVE! Grody! But maybe.... you know what, let's just forget I EVER mentioned this and go on to something else. Like how I haven't seen Stevie for a few hours! Including last night! What is that boy up to! Wait... I heard something. Gotta go!
Alejandra

   Ali closed her diary and put it under her pillow. Silently, she crept out her room and into the kitchen, but no one was there. Ali sighed and began to grumble to herself.

   "Who does he think he is?!" Ali pouted, "Making me worry like this!"

   "Ali-Bear?" Doc came in through the door with bags of groceries, "Are you talking to yourself again? How cute."

   Ali jumped up, "Jerk! You could of at LEAST told me you were going out!!"

   Doc smiled, "Why? I was only going to be gone for a moment. Were you worried about me?"

   Ali pouted, but she said nothing. Instead, she did something uncharacteristic of her and rushed to hug the man.

   Doc dropped his bags out of shock, but he quickly regained his posture and hugged the young girl back.

   "Don't EVER do that again, Stevie!" Ali growled, "I WAS worried, for your information! What if something happened to you?!"

   Doc simply laughed at the girl's normal raised voice, "Calm down, Ali-Bear. I am fine."

   Ali pouted more, "I'm serious. Don't do that again."

   "I won't." Doc promised.

   "Good boy." Ali patted him on the head, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go see Dimitri."

   Doc giggled and Ali shot him a glare, which only made him giggle further.

   "Say what you want." Ali opened the door, "I'll be back."

   "Be careful." Doc smiled as he watched the girl walk through the door.

...

   Since Dimitri lived right next to her, Ali just walked to the next door apartment and knocked.

   The door opened to reveal D, Dimitri's older brother, "Hello, Ali. What brings you here?"

   "Is Dimitri in?" Ali asked.

   "He's at the library." D explained while putting on his coat, "I was just about to go get him. Would you like to go with me?"

   "Sure." Ali said as she followed D out of the apartment building.

...

   The library wasn't a short walk. It was near the school, which was a good mile away. Ali didn't mind though. She though D was pretty cool so far... but then it hit her. Something about Dimitri's story last night didn't quite fit. Where was D the whole time his mother got killed twice and Dimitri got turned into an Undead?

   At this time, D had been admiring Ali's scythe earring, "Ali, if I may ask, about your earring--"

   "Oh this?" Ali pointed to the scythe, "Well I kinda lost the other one. It's still cool right? I got them at Hot Topic." Ali wasn't about to tell D about the whole "death" thing. She still wasn't clear if he was who he said he was.

   "Now my turn to ask questions." Ali said. She had to be cautious. Anything she says might accidentally offend D and he might do something... bad.

   "Ask away." D said.

   "Dimitri told me his whole life story practically." Ali began, "So, D, where were you during the time all of 'it' happened?" Ali had a feeling that D knew what she meant by 'it'.

   Suddenly, D began to laugh. Actually, he burst out laughing. Ali was slightly taken aback by this.

   "So, you want to know who I really am?" D asked, all traces of friendliness gone and replaced by something sinister.

   Ali took a step away from him, "Yes. I do."

   D looked her in the eyes and said three words, "I am Death."

...

   Something was wrong. Kasi could feel it in her very ghostly being. Ali was in trouble. Kasi quickly flew towards the city and hoped it would not be too late.

...

   Dimitri sighed. He had been waiting for Death to pick him up for over an hour. Where the hell was he?

   Suddenly, a text message was on his phone. He flipped it open and found it was from Kasi.

   "Why the f**k would she have a cell phone if she is dead?!" Dimitri sighed again and read the message.

   Ali is in trouble. I think Death has her. We gotta go rescue her. ~Kasi

   Dimitri replied and waited until he got another message.

   I think I know where she is. Meet me on the Boulevard Front. ~Kasi

   Gottcha. Dimitri ran off towards the street.

...

STD,
   Yeah, I know it is on the same damn day and all, but I found out the most DISTURBING thing. How could I have not made the connection that D was actually Death in disguise?! HOW WAS I SO STUPID?! First, Dimitri tells me this whole story about his life. Second, D just "magically" appears and say things like he's my bro and s**t. Third, he asked about my earring!!! He knows that I have his scythe! S**t! Kasi is gonna KILL me if he gets it!


   Death had Ali picked up by her sweatshirt, "This is the day I catch one of my prey. I will take my scythe back now."

   Ali struggled as Death reached for her earring.

...

   Dimitri saw Kasi floating near and caught up with her, "Hey! Have you found Ali?!"

   Kasi turned to him, "No, but I can sense her! She's near here!"

   Dimitri followed the ghost girl down the street into an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town. They ran inside and saw Death holding Ali up by the collar. He was reaching for the earring.

   Dimitri wasn't aware that Kasi had disappeared, besides, he was too focused on what Death was doing.

   "Let her go!" Dimitri yelled.

   "Dimitri." Death smirked, "So nice of you to join us. You'll get to see your little girlfriend go to the Underworld with me. Don't worry though. You can join her."

   Dimitri growled, "Put her down. NOW."

   Death sneered, "Don't you DARE talk to me like that. I could of just burned your mother's soul into Hell instead of letting her stay in the Underworld with you! You'd better be grateful!"

   Death trapped Dimitri in a cage to the side where he couldn't interfere.

   "Let me out!" Dimitri beat on the bars.

   "Now. Time for me to claim my scythe." Death pulled off the earring, blood coming with it from being pulled so suddenly. He dropped Ali and held the little earring in his hand, "Time for you to DIE!" He tried to activate the scythe earring. Nothing happened.

   "Eh?" Death tried again, but to no avail, "The f**k?!"

   "Yo, Death!" came a voice from behind him.

   Death turned to see Kasi standing on a ledge, wielding the REAL scythe.

   "Oh s**t." Death sighed as he dropped the fake scythe.

   Kasi wasted no time as she jumped off the ledge and lifted the Scythe up. "Checkmate." Kasi slammed the scythe threw Death's head, cracking his skull and and slicing him in half.

   After she did this, a gust of wind blew in the room as Death's body began to fly away like dust as he disappeared.

   Out of the scythe, ribbons of black shot out and enveloped Kasi until she was wrapped up in black ribbon.

   Ali and Dimitri watched as a foot with a black strap high heel came out at the bottom, then came a bare leg. The ribbon vanished and Kasi was in a new outfit. More skimpy, according to Ali. She had on the high heels, a rippled short black skirt, a black bikini top, black short-sleeved crop jacket with puffy shoulders, black fingerless gloves, and a black ribbon in her hair curls. She swung the scythe around and giggled.

   "K-Kasi?" Ali gaped, "You look..."

   "Cute? Sexy?" Kasi guessed, "Adorable?"

   "Like a s**t." Ali smirked.

   "Mean." Kasi pouted, "I'm the new Death. You should be nice."

   Ali raised a brow, "The 'new Death'?"

   Kasi nodded, "Yup. I killed him in order to take control of his position. He is now officially dead and I assumed his role as Death, but please call me 'Kasi' still."

   Dimitri, who realized he was out of the cage, ran over to Ali and picked her off the floor, "Are you alright?"

   "Yeah." Ali clutched her sore ear, "That b*****d just ripped the earring right off! Wait... Kasi!"

   Kasi blinked, "Yes?"

   "That earring... was a fake this whole time?!" Ali growled.

   "Yup!" Kasi smiled, "It was a decoy to get Death to go after you... I'm sorry Ali. I didn't want to make you be the bait, but I didn't know what else to do! Death has been cheating with his position for over a century! God told me his plan and I just followed it! I'm sorry."

   "God?" Ali cocked her head to the side.

   "That would be me." a familiar voice from behind said.

    When Ali turned around, however, she couldn't believe her eyes. It was Doc Stevens. He was in an all white suit and his hair was neatly groomed back.

   "Stevie?" Ali turned to him, "I don't understand." Normally, Ali would of laughed her a*s off, but right now, she would believe anything.

   "It is true, my dear." Doc began, "I am God. I have been looking after you for the past four years, raising you, taking care of you, healing you, in hopes of finally defeating Death. I had wanted Kasi to assume the new role, so we had to come up and advise this whole plan. I hope you aren't mad at me, Ali-Bear."

   Ali was baffled. Not only was Stevie in on this whole thing, but he was God?!!? This day was going in her diary as the WEIRDEST F*****G DAY EVER.

   "I probably wouldn't of believed you if I had told you sooner." Ali laughed lightly.

   "You would of laughed." God smiled.

   "How do you know that?" Ali argued.

   God laughed and pointed to himself as if to say 'I'm God, remember?'

   "Oh... right." Ali said, "So, does this mean you won't be taking care of me anymore?"

   God smiled sadly, "I'm sorry, Ali-Bear. My deed is done here. I'm sorry to leave you after all the years of taking care of you, but I need to go back to Heaven now."

   "I... I understand." Ali smiled back, "I hope I can see you again."

   God hugged Ali close, "Don't worry. You will." he turned to Kasi, "Take care of the rest for me, will ya?"

   "Of course." Kasi nodded.

   God smiled and vanished in thin air. Ali stared sadly at where her parental-figure for the last four years previously stood. She turned to Kasi.

   "What else do you need to take care of?" Ali asked.

   "A few things." Kasi said, "Some things are just so long overdue." She walked up to Dimitri, who took a few steps back, though he let her put her hand over his face. Kasi then pulled her hand back slowly. The lines on Dimitri's face peeled off and followed Kasi's hand. Once they were completely off, Kasi crushed them into dusk in her hand, "You are now fully human."

   "What...?" Dimitri's eyes were wide open, "I... I AM?!?"

   Kasi nodded with a smile, "Yes. God told me that he wanted me to take those Undead marks off so you can go back to being a human. Also..." Kasi took her scythe and slashed the air. A large portal opened and Kasi reached into it. A pale hand was in Kasi's. Kasi pulled the hand further out of the portal until a woman fully came out and landed gently on the ground. It was Delia.

   "Mom!" Dimitri ran to hug her.

   "Dimitri!" Delia hugged him back.

   Kasi closed the portal, "God also told me to give Delia back her years as well. The two of you can live together now."

   Dimitri had tears in his eyes, "Thank you. Thank God."

   "Ali." Kasi said, "You won't be dying everyday now. You can live a normal life now."

   Ali shook her head, "Normal? What's normal to me is Doc hugging me everyday, you going to school with me to keep an eye on me, and Dimitri being a total retard. To me, that was normal. What do you define as normal?"

   Kasi was a little surprised at the reply, "You can live with the love of your life and a mother-figure. You won't be living with God or a ghost anymore. Normal."

   "I want Doc and you to be in my life though!" Ali yelled.

   Kasi chuckled, "Oh Ali. We will always be with you. No matter what. If it makes you happier, I'll be more than happy to visit often."

   "So you are leaving too?" Ali was getting even more upset, "You are my best friend! Who is suppose to stay up with me and play Guitar Hero?! Who is suppose to play pranks on my teachers and the other school kids?!"

   "Ali~." Kasi pouted, "I admit those were fun times, but it's your time to live. Yours and Dimitri's both."

   Ali's shoulder slumped, "I guess you're right..."

   Kasi smiled and tapped the bottom of the scythe on the ground. This teleported them back to the apartment. Though, Dimitri and Ali's apartments were conjoining now.

   "The rent has been paid for life." Kasi explained, "That way, you can live here forever if you wish."

   "Really?" Delia smiled, "I guess I'll find a job at a leisurely pace then."

   "Mom." Dimitri said, "I'll get the job. You just take it easy."

   Delia pouted, "Don't dote on me, son. Besides, you have to have time to spend with your lovely girlfriend."

   Dimitri and Ali both blushed and looked away from each other.

   Kasi giggled, "Well, it's time for me to go."

   "Kasi!" Ali ran up to her, "One last hug?"

   Kasi beamed, "Of course!" she enveloped Ali into a bear-hug. She let Ali go and made another portal. With a final wave, she jumped through it and into the Underworld.

   Ali felt sad. She just lost Doc AND Kasi in one day. Normally, she would of considered this to be the worst day ever, but as she turned to Dimitri, she realized it couldn't be the worst day. Dimitri's curse was gone and his mother was alive again.

   Ali thought over what Kasi said. 'It's your time to live. Yours and Dimitri's.'

   Delia said something about cooking a feast as she skipped off towards the kitchen. Dimitri saw Ali deep and thought and walked over to her.

   "What are you thinking about?" Dimitri cocked his head to the side.

   Ali smirked, "I'm thinking of how uncool you look without your Undead lines."

   Dimitri puffed out his cheeks, "Are you REALLY thinking that?! Don't tease me!"

   "Well NOW I'm thinking of it, Lovato." Ali practically giggled; because Ali NEVER giggled.

   Dimitri's cheek reddened, "Don't call me that~!"

   "You are just too cute, Dimitri." Ali laughed.

   "What?!" Dimitri blushed, "You think I'm 'cute'?!"

   Ali slapped a hand over her mouth and glared, "Of course not!"

   It was Dimitri's turn to smirk, "Oh? Are you sure?"

   Ali took a swing at him, but Dimitri caught her fist with fast reflexes. Ali was surprised to see her hand so easily caught in Dimitri's. He smiled and let go, but then he interlaced their fingers together. Ali blushed at the gesture.

   It was sweet for a bit; both teens holding hands in the living room of the double apartment. That was until Ali used her vise-like grip and crushed Dimitri's hand in hers. He cried out in girlish pain and Ali just laughed menacingly.

Dear STD,
   So, today was the weirdest/worst/best day ever. Doc turned out to be God, Kasi became the new Death, Dimitri got him life back, so did his mom, Kasi and Doc both left, and now there is only the three of us. I would say it was the worst day because I lost my two best friends, Doc and Kasi, but I could say it was the best day for Dimitri and his mom got their lives back. Here I am, being a f*****g paradox for f**k's sake! Anyway, stupid Dimitri keeps trying to read you, STD! I gotta go before he takes you! See ya!
Alejandra


© 2011 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
The next chapter will be the last. And yes, I LOVE this chap! I was so BA(badass)!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ali
i love this chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
1 Review
Added on September 12, 2011
Last Updated on October 23, 2011


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae