Chapter Nine: Deep Secrets

Chapter Nine: Deep Secrets

A Chapter by Rae
"

How in the hell did Dimitri get mixed up with Death? Well read to find out. >:3 By the way, the end of this will BLOW YOUR MIND. So beware. XD

"
Years Ago

   "Mother?" a sixteen year old Dimitri came through the door. He had just got home from school and was looking for nothing more than to be comforted by his loving mother, Delia.

   He was instead met with his father, Edmund.

   "Hello, father." Dimitri said, "Have you've seen mother?"

   "Yup." his father took another drink of his alcoholic beverage and said nothing more.

   Dimitri's brow twitched, "Well can you tell me where she is?"

   "Nope."

   "And why the hell not?!" Dimitri shouted.

   Edmund got up and picked the boy up by his collar, "Now listen, boy. I want you to be respectful to me, got it?"

   Dimitri said nothing. He just glared up at his father and said through clenched teeth, "Where is she, sir?"

   Edmund put him down and smirked, "I sold her."

   "WHAT?!" Dimitri shouted, "To whom?!"

   "You know how I was going to die?" Edmund drank another gulp, "Because of my alcohol 'problem'? Well, Death came to collect me today. I didn't feel like dying, so I told him to take Delia instead. He excepted. End of story."

   Dimitri fell to his knees. His mother was dead... and it was all because of his stupid alcoholic father. He got up and slammed a fist into his father's face.

   Edmund growled and took out his switchblade, "Now, boy. What did I tell you about being respectful?!"

   "No use being respectful to a pile of s**t!" Dimitri spat.

   The next thing Dimitri felt was the cool blade thrusting into his chest and blood gushing out of him. He fell to the floor, gasping for breath. The blade had punctured his lung.

   "Can't talk like that now, huh?" Edmund laughed, "Well, well. You're kinda cute when you are quiet."

   Dimitri gasped for the last time before he slipped away into nothingness. Suddenly, he was hovering a few feet away from his body. Was he a ghost now?

   A whoosh was heard behind him and he found Death in his human form in front of a portal.

   "Ah, Dimitri." Death smirked, "Too bad you died. You weren't suppose to for a few decades. Life is just too short now-a-days."

   Dimitri growled, "Where's my mother?!"

   Death laughed, "Oh? A sixteen year old boy calling for his mommy? How sad."

   "Where. The. F**k. Is. She?!" Dimitri asked again.

   Death's face turned serious, "Come with me, if you wish to see her."

   Dimitri had no choice. He followed the man into the portal and was whisked away to the Underworld. It looked as if it was another New York City under ground. There was one building that was the highest and they were currently sailing towards it.

   "That's my office." Death explained, "That's also where your mother currently works."

   Dimitri smiled. His mother had only been dead for a few short hours, but he was glad to be seeing her again.

   The two entered the building and a bunch of dead workers stared at the younger boy as he and Death walked by.

   "This is the top floor where Delia works." said Death as the elevator opened.

   "Mom?!" Dimitri saw his mother still in her lawyer suit. She gasped when she saw him.

   "Dimitri, dear?" Delia rushed to him, "Why are you here?"

   "It was dad." Dimitri said through clenched teeth, "He punctured my lung and I died..."

   "My poor baby." Delia hugged Dimitri liked she used to when she was alive. Dimitri hugged her back.

   "What a touching reunion." Death gagged, "Can we get back to business?"

   "Business?" Dimitri turned around, "What kind?"

   "First, I want you to work for me." Death said, "Then you can be with your mother."

   Delia shook her head, "No. I want him to be alive again."

   "What?" Dimitri asked.

   Delia smiled weakly, "Look. You had your whole life ahead of you. You were going to do great things. You can't be stuff down here the rest of your after-life. You deserve to be free."

   Death walked up to them, "Listen. Do you want your mother to have her life back?"

   "More then anything!" Dimitri answered.

   "Dimitri..." Delia began.

   Death silenced her, "I will give her life back, but you have to stay here and work for me forever."

   Dimitri didn't even think about it. He automatically yelled out, "I want my mother to be alive again! I don't care what happens to me!"

   Death held out his hand and Dimitri took it. Suddenly, Delia's soul began to glow.

   "Goodbye, Delia." Death smiled and under his breathe he said, "I'll see you again soon... very soon."

   Delia was gone and Dimitri heaved a sigh of relief. His mother was alive again. That he was happy with.

   "Now..." Death smirked, but it wiped off his face when he saw Dimitri glowing as well.

   "Wha--" Dimitri didn't know what was happening. He was glowing just like his mother did.

   "The hell?!" Death ran over and tried to grab at Dimitri, but a white hot shock sent him flying back and then Dimitri too was gone.

   Dimitri's eyes snapped open and he felt his body. He was alive again. Next to him was Delia, his mother. She groaned and sat up.

   "Mom?!" Dimitri tackled her down in a bear hug.

   "Dimitri?!" Delia sat back up, "What are you doing here?"

   "I... I don't know..." Dimitri confessed, "I'm not sure how I'm alive..."

   Delia smiled, "The only thing that matters now is that you are safe and alive."

   Dimitri smiled as he hugged his mother. The relief he felt was short-lived however.

   The very next day, he came home to screaming. He ran upstairs and into his mother's room to where the source of the noise was coming from. It was his mother's screams. Dimitri saw his father, eyes literally glowing red, stabbing into his wife's stomach repeatedly. The blood was spraying out of her every time he retracted the blade.

   Dimitri threw his father off and tried to stop the bleeding, but his father launched an attack again. This time, he sunk the blade into his son's shoulder.

   Suddenly, Edmund fell to the ground, unconscious. Dimitri heard light footsteps come into the room. He turned around to see Death, no longer in his human form.

   "Wha--?" Dimitri didn't understand.

   "You disobeyed me, Dimitri." Death said, "You promised to stay with me forever, but instead you came back to life."

   "It wasn't my fault!" Dimitri yelled, "Please, heal her!"

   Death shook his head, "She will return to me forever, and for you being so rude to me, I give you this gift."

   Black light filled the room and suddenly Dimitri was screaming in agony. It felt as if his insides were being wrung and ripped apart. His signature black lines made themselves present on his face. The pain suddenly stopped.

   "What is this?" Dimitri felt the black lines on his face for they were cold like ice.

   "They are Undead marks, Dimitri." Death smirked, "I have cursed you for all eternity. You may stay here, or go to the Underworld with your mother, but when your mother is ready to move on, you may not go with her. That is your punishment for your rudeness."

   Dimitri gave his mother a saddened look, which she returned as her ghost left her body.

   "Time to go." Death opened the portal with his scythe, "Dimitri? Are you coming?"

   Dimitri didn't know where else to go. Even if he hated Death with his whole Undead life, he couldn't leave his poor mother behind. So he followed after the man and disappeared into the portal.


Present

   "Dimitri..." Ali was speechless. She had been so mean to Dimitri, not knowing what he was going through.

   "It's ok." Dimitri said, "But there is something I wish to tell you."

   "What is it?" Ali asked.

   "Death has been trying to kill you for four years, you know this, right?"

   Ali KNEW there was a reason for her always dying... though she hasn't died lately... something was up, "Yeah."

   "Well, Death sent me down her to study your ways and learn how you stay alive." Dimitri confessed, "But I haven't learned or told him anything, so you are safe."

   Ali didn't know whether to be upset or not, she just decided to let it go, "So are you a bad guy or a good guy?! Make up your damn mind, Lovato!"

   "I want to protect you!" Dimitri blushed as he blurted the words out.

   Ali blushed as well, "The hell, Lovato?! Don't just say stupid things out loud!!"

   Dimitri looked away and muttered something.

  Ali didn't even want to know what he said because she had a feeling it was just as embarrassing as what he said a minute ago.

On The Roof

   Kasi touched down. She had flew all the way from Ali's dream beach to the roof of the building.

   Doc sat on a ledge, looking over the city.

   "Father, I am here." Kasi bowed respectfully, "I have given Ali the scythe."

   God, his alias being Doc Stevens, stood up, "Thank you. I appreciate you doing that for me."

   "Anything for you, Father." Kasi said, "So, tomorrow is when it will happen?"

   "Possibly." God smiled, "But for now, I wish for you to rest somewhere safe. Death is still on the prowl. I can't risk him trying to get you."

   Kasi nodded, "Then I will be at that beach. I will see you when the time is right then." Kasi flew off to the beach.

   God stood on the roof, musing to himself, "Soon, Ali. Soon you will find out who I really am, but only when the time is right."



© 2011 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Didn't see THAT cliffy coming, did you? XD Unless you suspected. I mean, it would have to be a miracle from God for Ali to survive the things she had without getting brain damage. By the way, next chap probably won't be the last one. I think this series will get to 11 chaps. So don't cry just yet. ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Omg, he's GOD?!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a sad past... Dimitri needs a big hug~! Awww, him and Ali were so cute in this chap. Blushing and wanting to protect each other. So cute~ And Doc is God? I can believe that. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ali
oh shet! this chap is soo awesome

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on September 12, 2011


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae