Chapter Eight: Death's Scythe

Chapter Eight: Death's Scythe

A Chapter by Rae
"

In this chap, Ali has a dream. And that dream will be UNDERLINED. ^^

"
Dear STD,
   It has been, like, three weeks and I haven't seen Kasi at all! WHAT THE F**K?! Like seriously!!! Where the f**k can she be?!?! I WILL find her. -eye twitch-


   Ali slammed her diary closed. She was seething, "Where the f**k is she?!"

   "Ali-Bear?" Doc called from behind her bedroom door, "You ok?"

   "Does it sound like I'm ok?!" Ali sighed and laid back into her bed. Kasi was the only friend she had other than Dimitri. Even with Dimitri as a companion, there were just some things she could tell Kasi and Kasi only.

...

Three Weeks Ago

   Dimitri came home and saw Death grumbling in the living room.

   "The hell is up with you?!" Dimitri asked.

   "Nothing." Death growled.

   "That reminds me." Dimitri began, "Kasi, she is the rogue ghost, isn't she?"

   "DON'T mention THAT name!" Death shouted, "That WENCH!!"

    Dimitri's brow raised, "What happened?"

   "She took my scythe." Death grumbled.

   Dimitri burst out laughing, "That HILARIOUS!!"

   Death growled, "Without that scythe, we can't return to the other world. In other words, you won't see your mother EVER again."

    Dimitri gaped, "WHAT?! You can't use powers?! AT ALL?!"

   "Of course I can!" Death yelled, "I can use my powers with or without my scythe. It just takes up so much energy without my scythe that I don't want to risk it!"

   Dimitri's eyes narrowed, "So you want me to do something about it??"

   "What CAN you do?!" Death sighed, "If I can't find her, then I seriously doubt YOU can."

   Dimitri stomped out of the room and slammed his door closed.


Present

   Dimitri hadn't seen Kasi in three weeks. Ali seemed to be very distressed about it too.

   "Maybe I should go pay her a visit..." Dimitri got up and began to walk out the door.

   "Where are you going?" Death asked.

   "To Ali's." Dimitri said as he walked out.

   Death snorted, "I should of gotten a professional hunter to get her. She would of been dead by now."

...

   Ali was on a beach, or rather, an island. The whole island was covered in rocks except for the beach that surrounded it. The waves lapped at Ali's ankles and thank goodness she was wearing shorts or else her pants would of been ruined.

   The ocean breeze blew Ali's hair back and made Ali feel like she was in paradise.

   "Ali!" she heard a familiar voice.

   Ali turned around and saw Kasi, "Kasi....!"

   Kasi waved and was hugged tightly by Ali, "Oh? Hi there, Ali."

   "WHERE THE F**K WERE YOU?!?" Ali screamed.

   "I was here." Kasi smiled, "Wow, even in your dreams, you cuss like a sailor, Ali."

   Ali took a step back, "A...dream?"

   "Yup." Kasi nodded, "Look." she took out a earring that looked like Death's Scythe, "I need you to hold onto this for me. Death wants it back, but you can't give it to him. Ok?"

   "Wha--" Ali was so confused, "Death? I don't get it..."

   "You will soon know." Kasi said, "If you want to know more, ask Dimitri. He knows more than I do about Death."

   Ali was baffled, "Umm... ok..."

   "OK!" Kasi waved, "See you when the time is right!" she scampered away.

   "Wait!!!" Ali was about to give chase, but a huge wave washed over her.


...

   Ali bolted up in her bed. It was just a dream apparently. Ali felt her ear and felt the earring.

   "Was it really a dream?" Ali asked herself.

   "Ali-Bear!" Doc called from down the hall, "Your boyfriend is here!"

   "EH!?!?" Ali jumped off her bed and ran down the hall. Sure enough, Dimitri was sitting at the Dining Room table.

   "Hey, Lovato." Ali said.

   "Hey." Dimitri greeted back, "Have you seen Kasi lately?"

   Ali suddenly remembered the dream, "No, but.... I need to talk to you, you know, in private."

   Dimitri raised a brow before Ali dragged him off to her room, threw him in, shut and locked the door.

   "What is it?" Dimitri sat on her bed.

   "What do you know about this?" Ali pointed to the earring.

   Dimitri's eyes widened. He stepped off the bed for a moment to touch it, but he retreated quickly, "Umm... I dunno."

   Ali raised a brow, "Oh? Are you sure? Kasi told me that you knew about 'Death'."

   Dimitri swallowed noisily, "Nope. I don't know anything."

   "Dimitri!!!!" Ali lunged for him, "YOU LIAR!!!"

   "AH!!" Dimitri tried to defend himself as Ali tackled him on the bed.

   "Ali-Bear?" Doc opened the door and saw Ali and Dimitri wrestling on the bed.

   Doc giggled, "You two having fun in here?"

   Ali blushed, "S-shut up, Stevie!! I'm interrogating in here!!"

   "Alright." Doc smiled, "Have fun you two." He then closed the door and walked off.

   As soon as Ali was sure he was gone, she looked back at Dimitri, "The truth. NOW."

   Dimitri sighed, "Fine. I'll tell you the truth."



© 2011 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Short chapter, I know. I felt that if I didn't at LEAST get ONE chap of this out then someone was going to get hurt(namely me). The next chap should be up soon. And then after that is the GRAND FINALE!!!! ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how care-free the Doc is about everything, I wish MY 'rents were like that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Next chapter will be Dimitri's past, I presume~ I can't wait to see it. Teehee~ Doc walked in on them. I knew something like that would happen. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ali
damn, Dimitri just cant leave his hands off me. lmao i like this chap

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae