Shimeji and Kasi's Story: Part Two

Shimeji and Kasi's Story: Part Two

A Chapter by Rae
"

Finally!!! After weeks, the next installment is finally here!! Flashbacks on when the two met and began liking each other. ^^

"
Five Years Ago(Shimeji's Point Of View)

   When I was fifteen, I was on a foreign exchange program in America. I had to go to American high school for a year.

   I felt totally out of place there since I was pretty much out of my element. However, I befriended a really cool kid, the same age as me, named Kyle. He had short blonde hair and usually dressed sporty since he played soccer.

   We became best friends in a short time. Then one day after school...

   "You're really going to walk home?" Kyle asked me, "It's so hot though."

   "I usually walk home." I said, "Besides, I like walking."

   Kyle laughed, "Alright then. Look! There's my ride!"

   Kyle pointed to a sleek black, convertible, Volkswagen Beetle. Out of the car came the legs of a goddess with large pink pumps that looked like they could kill.

   There she was, my goddess. My soul mate. She was the reason for my existence. The other part to my heart--

   "Dude." Kyle snapped me out of my trance, "Why are you checking out my sister like that? Gross."

   "S-sister?!" I gaped. That only meant she was... forbidden territory. I couldn't hit on her or anything if she was my best friend's sister... I cried mentally.

   "Kyle!" the girl strutted up to us, "Come on. Mom is waiting-- Oh! Who's your friend?"

   "This is Shimeji." Kyle introduced, "Shimeji, this is my elder sister, Kasi."

   "Nice to meet you." Kasi smiled, "Would you like a ride home?"

   Kyle was about to answer for me when I slapped a hand over his mouth, "I would love one, babe."

   Kasi giggled, "Well aren't you cute, sweetie. You can ride in front since you are so cute."

   "Front?!" Kyle pouted, "But I always get front..."

   Kasi was already halfway to her car. How she can run in those pumps, I will never know.

...

   After that, I regularly went over to Kyle's house. Kyle didn't like how I kept hitting on his sister, but he never voiced his problems to me, I just knew. Yet, I still couldn't stop myself. I began to really like her and eventually I hit on her whenever I saw her.

   I walked into the kitchen one day and saw Kasi crying at the table. I immediately ran over to her.

   "What's wrong, princess?" I asked, taking a hold of her hand.

   She looked at me with a tear stained face, "My b-boyfriend... he broke up with me!"

   I gaped, "Why? Why in the world would anyone break up with a girl as wonderful as you are?!"

   "Huh?" Kasi stopped crying, "You think I'm... wonderful?"

   "Of course!" I shouted, "Anyone would be lucky to have you as a lover! You are the prettiest, no, the most beautiful girl ever! You are kind, smart, outgoing, and I love you!"

   Kasi's eyes widened at the bold statement, "Shimeji..."

  Kasi began leaning her face closer to me, her eyes closed. Was she going to kiss me? I wasn't sure, but I leaned in to kiss her.

   "What the--" came Kyle's voice from the kitchen entrance.

   Both Kasi and I looked up to see Kyle with his mouth agape. As soon as he saw us, he ran out quickly.

   "Kyle!" Kasi turned to me, "I... I can't... You are so much younger than me... and I like taller guys anyway!" She ran off after her little brother.

   With that, my heart broke into so many pieces and it was never fully mended.


Present

   "Shi-Kun?!" my girlfriend, Megumi, whined, "Buy me something to eat already!"

   "Ok..." I looked back at the building and sighed.

////////////////////////////////
Five Years Ago(Kasi's Point Of View)

   I was nineteen at the time, which meant I hadn't moved to Japan yet. I was planning on moving in a year to start a job at a college as a dorm room manager. My boyfriend, Chris, wasn't too pleased with me moving there though...

   One day, my mom had begged me to pick my little brother, Kyle, up from school. I didn't really mind since I did it often, so I got in my new Volkswagen, put the top down, and drove off towards the high school.

   When I got there, I saw my brother with another kid. The kid was pretty cute, and he was shorter than my brother too.

   I got out and strolled over to them, "Kyle, come on! Mom is waiting. Who's your friend?"

   Kyle introduced him as Shimeji. What a cute name! I smiled and asked if he wanted a ride home.

   His response was so cute, "I would love one, babe."

   I giggled and told him to ride in front, which made Kyle mad because he usually rides in front. This was the first of many times I saw Shimeji.

...

   He came over daily and flirted with me just as much. I thought it was totally adorable, however, my boyfriend didn't think so.

   "How can you let another guy hit on you like that?!" Chris growled into the phone.

   "I don't see what's the problem." I said, "I love you, Chris. So who cares if someone hits on me because I don't look at them, I only look at you."

   "Lies!" Chris yelled, "You don't love me! The only reason you don't tell that kid to f**k off is because you LIKE IT when he hits on you!"

   "That's some stupid logic, Chris." I tried not to yell. I didn't like Shimeji. He was only fifteen anyway and I'm nineteen. It couldn't work out.

   "Whatever." Chris said, "I'm breaking up with you."

   Those were the words I NEVER wanted to hear again... I slammed my phone shut and threw it across the room. I sobbed.

   "What's wrong, Princess?" I felt Shimeji take my hand in his. I jumped a little in surprise. I didn't see him enter the kitchen.

   "My boyfriend... broke up with me..." I sobbed more.

   "Why? Why in the world would anyone break up with a girl as wonderful as you are?!" Shimeji shouted.

   My heart leap. This couldn't be... Shimeji kept saying sweet things to me... words that not even Chris told me...

   "Shimeji..." Why? Why did I want to kiss him so badly?! I shouldn't want to, but I leaned closer with my eyes closed.

   "What the--" I gasped and my eyes snapped open when I heard Kyle's voice. He ran off and I ran after him, telling Shimeji that he was younger than me and it wouldn't of worked out.

   "Kyle!" I caught my brother by the arm, "It's not what you think."

   "Liar!" Kyle jerked his hand away from me, "Sis, please. I don't want you trying to date Shimeji..."

   I didn't know why those words hurt me, but I nodded. I couldn't make my brother sad...


Present

   I sat in my desk chair after what had just happened. Shimeji was dating Megumi now. There was nothing I could do... I should just let him go...

   I took out a slip of paper that said "Letter Of Resignation."


© 2016 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
OH NOO!!!! Kasi is going to quit her job!!! DX Yes, I finally updated after, like, weeks. Sorry, I have had writers block and have been writing Cheating Death to get rid of it. ^^ Now here is the next part! Next is the finale!!! WOO!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

That was really good. I like how you switched POVs so the reader was able to understand the situation from both Shimji and Kasi. It was also nice that this chapter explained a lot about their relationship from before this story actually started.
Overall, I liked it. I hope you'll update this soon.

Posted 12 Years Ago


*Gasp* Don't quit your job just because the guy you like is going on with someone else! This is probably what Megumi wants. Shimeji will realize this soon and go running back to Kasi-Chan, I'm sure of it! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ali
I HAVE A REQUEST! at one moment during the series can ali get a mohawk. thats right, i went there

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ugh Megumi is a b***h! I hope Shimeji realizes this. I liked the different pov's that you did... I didn't realize Shimeji was 4 years younger than Kasi. I also liked how they met too. I wonde rif Kyle is going to be brought up again...Either way I hope Kasi doesn't decide to quit her job

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

538 Views
5 Reviews
Added on July 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2016


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae